Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Superconscious Birds Talking About God

Spyros

Hello everyone,

Back in 2003 I started a thread that was related to my talking budgie named Victor who had an extremely large vocabulary and began speaking in full blown English about God and the afterlife. Later, in the same thread I introduced another context speaking budgie named Maylor who had the same ability and was even responding to questions here in this forum. I have not been back to the thread since I left in 2010 because there were a lot of misunderstandings and it was causing me too much stress at the time. After coming back a few days ago and reviewing the thread with my wife Linda we realized that much of the negativity was a result of the way I responded to some of the issues that were brought up. So I would like to apologize for that and start off on a fresh note here if possible.

Since Maylor's death Linda and I have gone back to square one re-translating the videos of Victor. Even with hundreds of hours of research the budgies vocalizations are not an easy thing to translate, but over the years my ability to do so has gotten better. Some of the translations of Victor needed to be corrected because they were done when my translation skills weren't fully developed. We have also uncovered some of Victor's videos that were still on tape that I had only briefly analyzed in the beginning.

Over the last 5 years Linda and I have been quite busy working on understanding the culture of the budgies. During this time it has given both of us much spiritual growth. We have also learned much more about their connection to the spiritual world and how it allowed them to have glimpses of the past, present and future. As a result of some new discoveries in the translations we recently put out a press release called "Highly Intelligent and Super Conscious Birds Pledge Their Alliance With Humanity".

The video in the featured press release was recorded in 2001 before Victor died. In it, he talks about some things that happened after his death and other things that may happen in the future. Keep in mind that if you listen to the videos you should use a good set of headphones. In the beginning you may not pick up much until you go over them a few times. Some of his videos have some very clear parts, and some contain difficult parts where I had to spend hours trying to get the correct translation. We have found that most people need time to adjust their mind to the speed and budgie accent/vocalizations. If you go over the videos a few times, most of you will be able to pick up more of what he is saying each time you listen.

As before, we know there are going to be a lot of questions regarding how this is all possible, and we will try to answer the ones that we feel show a genuine interest in the research we are doing. Keep in mind that Linda and I will both be commenting on this thread and responding to your comments and questions with input from each other. This may help to prevent any misunderstandings in this topic that we feel is extremely important.

Here is a link to the press release

Below is a video of Victor that we recently translated. However, you may want follow the press release first for a complete understanding of the proposition Victor made for the future of humanity.

The Video Called The Conflict

Edited by Spyros
  • Like 4

Hello Spyros.

I can't remember participating in the previous thread, but I'd like to post my observations of your video.

For the record, I think many animals have more 'intelligence' than we give them credit for. Our perception of the intelligence of other species is limited by our inability to effectively communicate with them. However, I do not - at least, at this time - hold to the opinion that other species have the capacity to conceptualise abstracts such as 'divinity', etc.

While I viewed your video, I found that if I focused my eyes on the bottom of the screen, avoiding rather than reading the words you claim the budgie was speaking, then the budgie's vocalisations took on the form of more random noise than your translation would seem to imply. Based on this short observation, my conclusion is that what you have presented is an example of audio-pareidolia where you have projected into the 'noise' made by your budgie (perhaps along with some actual words it vocalises) what you wanted to hear.

This is not to suggest any intent to deceive on your part, the phenomenon of pareidolia is based on the brain being 'wired' to distinguish patterns from a 'noisy' background, and this makes us susceptible to seeing or hearing things which, in reality, do not exist.

Edited by Leonardo
  • Like 6

Hello Spyros.

I can't remember participating in the previous thread, but I'd like to post my observations of your video.

For the record, I think many animals have more 'intelligence' than we give them credit for. Our perception of the intelligence of other species is limited by our inability to effectively communicate with them. However, I do not - at least, at this time - hold to the opinion that other species have the capacity to conceptualise abstracts such as 'divinity', etc.

While I viewed your video, I found that if I focused my eyes on the bottom of the screen, avoiding rather than reading the words you claim the budgie was speaking, then the budgie's vocalisations took on the form of more random noise than your translation would seem to imply. Based on this short observation, my conclusion is that what you have presented is an example of audio-pareidolia where you have projected into the 'noise' made by your budgie (perhaps along with some actual words it vocalises) what you wanted to hear.

This is not to suggest any intent to deceive on your part, the phenomenon of pareidolia is based on the brain being 'wired' to distinguish patterns from a 'noisy' background, and this makes us susceptible to seeing or hearing things which, in reality, do not exist.

It reminds me of the "spirit boxes" where static is given meaning. He's a cute bird but I cannot imagine the Creator giving us important information in such a medium.
  • Like 1

Hi Leonardo,

Thanks for your comment. Yes I understand the pareidolia concept and there is much evidence that supports it. However, in my opinion this is not the case here. Some parts of the video are extremely hard to understand and therefore I can see where it can almost immediately be dismissed as so, but there is also substantial evidence in this and other videos of his that I believe provides clearer examples of Victor communicating his own thoughts. All I can do is respect your opinion and ask people keep and open mind on this. I believe if people are interested they will spend a little more time reviewing the videos and start to pick up more of what he is saying each time.

Edited by Spyros
  • Like 1

Hi Leonardo,

Thanks for your comment. Yes I understand the pareidolia concept and there is much evidence that supports it. However, in my opinion this is not the case here. Some parts of the video are extremely hard to understand and therefore I can see where it can almost immediately be dismissed as so, but there is also substantial evidence in this and other videos of his that I believe provides clearer examples of Victor communicating his own thoughts. All I can do is respect your opinion and ask people keep and open mind on this. I believe if people are interested they will spend a little more time reviewing the videos and start to pick up more of what he is saying each time.

I think at times I heard a word here or there, and it is my understanding that budgies are known for mimicking human speech. I think that is plausible. I think anthromorphizing comes into play a lot when it comes to our pets. I have two cats they are family members and we do attribute all kinds of things to them. I can't make the leap from a few words to a fully aware bird enlightening humanity with just so stories, though. Simply because according to Ethiology an animal in captivity rarely acts normally. How normal is a birds behavior in a cage? It reminds me a lot of a poster who posits his dog as the eye witness (evidence) to an angel encounter. With that being said, I am not going to take the leap that you are lying either. I have a great respect for animals; I think there is a lot we don't know and I look forward to the day the field of Ethiology, (that is devoted), to studying animals in their natural environment continues to share its finding. None the less thank your for sharing, it is an interesting/unique approach to making sense of the things we can only speculate about.

Edited by Sherapy
  • Like 1

I think at times I heard a word here or there, and it is my understanding that budgies are known for mimicking human speech. I think that is plausible. I think anthromorphizing comes into play a lot when it comes to our pets. I have two cats they are family members and we do attribute all kinds of things to them. I can't make the leap from a few words to a fully aware bird enlightening humanity with just so stories, though. Simply because according to Ethiology an animal in captivity rarely acts normally. How normal is a birds behavior in a cage? It reminds me a lot of a poster who posits his dog as the eye witness (evidence) to an angel encounter. With that being said, I am not going to take the leap that you are lying either. I have a great respect for animals; I think there is a lot we don't know and I look forward to the day, the field of Ethiology, (that is devoted), to studying animals, in their natural environment continues to share its finding. None the less thank your for sharing, it is an interesting/unique approach to making sense of the things we can only speculate about.

Hi Sherapy,

Yes you are correct. Typically it is not normal for budgies to speak in the way Victor and Maylor did. It is interesting though that some people do hear much more than others, for at times, and over the years, many have accused me of doing voice overs because they don't believe a budgie could be speaking like he does in the videos.

Google: voice changer software

• Like 2

Hi Leonardo,

As I respect yours. Thanks for the reply.

As for birds having their own thoughts, I can't say if birds are capable of the same degree of self-awareness we enjoy to be able to express the kind of concepts you grant Victor capable of. Studies appear to indicate they are not so capable, despite being remarkably intelligent. Some birds (corvids spring to mind) are capable of planning and even tool-making, so evidence of 'thinking' is there, but not (imo) the level of complex and abstract thinking you believe them capable of.

To assign to birds a degree of intellect beyond that which studies appear to show them possessing is your right to believe, but I will remain unconvinced until such a degree of intellect is reliably demonstrated.

Edited by Leonardo
  • Like 2

It sounds like someone speaking through primitive voice-changing software and overlaying it with the video of the bird's vocalizations. Now, I fully admit I don't know much about a budgie's vocal range, but it just sounds too convenient to me.

Additionally, I tried Leonardo's suggesting of ignoring the subtitles and listening myself. The occasionally grunt/chirp kind of sounded like a word, but I didn't hear much of anything other than birds saying and doing normal bird things. While reading the subtitles I could kind of make out the "words" that were being grunted by the bird, but if I have to read the subtitles to understand it, does it really count? I don't think so, no, since the subtitles impose order into the chaos of the noises; pareidolia, basically.

• Like 1

Hi Sherapy,

Yes you are correct. Typically it is not normal for budgies to speak in the way Victor and Maylor did. It is interesting though that some people do hear much more than others, for at times, and over the years, many have accused me of doing voice overs because they don't believe a budgie could be speaking like he does in the videos.

I did not read the subtitles at all and I did hear words such as "Victor" and "happy" at other times it sounded like chirping, and at times it sounded like someone talking, but I couldn't make out what they were saying. Budgies are known to mimic human speech, I certainly do not begrudge you wanting to see just how much. Many great findings have been found in just the same way. I can imagine I cannot be easy dealing with the feedback, yet in many ways I am sure it brings up a lot of things you have not considered. This is of course a bit different, but similar in in the sense that I can relate to pursuing something that is not the norm. I embarked on a journey of home schooling 8 years ago in a time it was considered heinous and harmful to do so. The feedback was harsh and at times brutal, in fact not many supported this idea and told me so and why. Sometimes people were downright mean this included my mom. Yet, I tell you the feedback I got I cherished and really considered it as I wanted to give my best, it was my greatest help, my greatest gift ( as I had a lot of the same concerns), and it opened doors to help in the way of the things I really needed to know, such as education ( I have had so much free education) an educational psychologist whom without her expertise I could not of known how to incorporate the very best of brick and mortar into my endeavor, the feedback opened doors to academic mentors who remain by my side to this day. The feedback only helped me to refine and address many things along the way. Now of course home schooling is considered noble; it is hard to beat one on one, but it wasn't always this way. So don't let critics deter you, use the feedback to move you towards your success. All the best to you and Nancy.

Edited by Sherapy
  • Like 1

The thing with speaking is... we need our tongues and teeth and lips to form actual words, seeing as budgies/canarys etc have no lips or teeth, you are not actually hearing real words... but mimicry of the sound of the words

• Like 1

@ Mr. and Mrs. Spyros

Victor was beautiful , very social .

Ahh, that's nice Ellapennella!

Victor will be rejoicing in heaven with the angels to hear your nice comment :yes:

Thanks from Mrs. Spyros! (Linda)

Edited by Abundant Beliefs
  • Like 2

Ahh, that's nice Ellapennella!

Victor will be rejoicing in heaven with the angels to hear your nice comment :yes:

Thanks from Mrs. Spyros! (Linda)

he must be missed by you all , dearly.

his was like the color of the prettest blue sky. the one that *feels like heaven* would feel.

Oh he is one of nature still as we all are one..forever...

I didn't look at the subtitles either and they sounded like the buggy I had that mimicked the TV. He would say a lot of little things but none of it made much sense, just like the TV.

• Like 1

he was so cute- spoke like a fortune cookie would , you know?

at times he reminded me of Yoda .

I was wondering if the little guys mind was picking up on thougts of Mr. and Mrs. Spyros subconscious mind energy . Seriously, all creatures have a mind and being that Victor was able to be vocal , he could of been experiencing an extra sensory perception -ing of others . why not?

• Like 1

at times he reminded me of Yoda .

I was wondering if the little guys mind was picking up on thougts of Mr. and Mrs. Spyros subconscious mind energy . Seriously, all creatures have a mind and being that Victor was able to be vocal , he could of been experiencing an extra sensory perception -ing of others . why not?

Hi Ellapennella,

I am glad you mentioned that because it is very important when it comes to understanding what is happening with some of the budgies I have worked with in the past. Victor actually mentions in "The Super Conscious Bird" video that some budgies do have telepathic abilities. Not only that but they have the gift for looking into the future as well. When he first began talking like this I too also wondered if he was just picking up on my thoughts and conveying what I was thinking. I believe to a point he may have been in some cases, but for the most part he described his own thoughts and belief systems.

Back in 2004, after I was on Coast to Coast Radio Network talking about their intelligence, I had about 30 other budgie guardians emailing me their videos and audio files of their parakeets who began communicating similar to Victor. It showed that they were somehow all interconnected and often knew what was going on in the group I was working with before their guardians did. So at the time I really did not understand fully what was happening.

I am going to post a clip from the above mentioned video where he talks about his telepathic abilities and a few other things. This part of the video is clearer than the first part so many may be able to hear much of what he is saying.

I also want to mention to people who actually take some extra time to seriously listen to the videos that there are some pointers that may help. Budgies or parrots do not use the same techniques we use for producing speech but they do have some similarities. One difference is as mentioned in a previous response is they do not have lips to help them form words. In my experience this causes some of their words to be quite difficult to understand. For example with Victor, but not all parrots I suspect, he had trouble pronouncing "F's" and "V's. They often sounded the same. He also had problems with certain vowels and in many cases some smaller words. He would often omit them. That combined with the speed he was speaking at, and his tendency to run sentences together made him very difficult to understand, especially when he began communicating something for the first time. Much of what he said that was captured on video was the first time he ever said it, and the complex communication that he was demonstrating is not even easy for humans. Sorry if I went on a bit here, but I it is important to rely on the captions I provide with the videos. Perhaps they are not 100% correct but I do not know of anyone in the world who has spent more time analyzing and re-analyzing what Victor and other budgies have been saying for the past 15 years. Here is a clip from the video I mentioned.

Edited by Spyros
  • Like 1

I tried to edit my last but it was too late. Linda and I wanted to say that we thought what you said about the fortune cookie was a great analogy :yes:

• Like 1

I think using the captions makes you hear things the bird isn't saying. I could hear him saying stuff and the captions were completely different. He is picking up stuff from the 700 Club no doubt in my mind.

This somewhat reminds me of attempts to decode prairie dog language. I would suggest attempting this with more budgies, come up with similar tests, and experiments to correctly decipher (if possible) what's being communicated.

Prairie dog language:

http://blogs.scienti...mp-yip-display/

Edited by WoIverine
  • Like 1

This somewhat reminds me of attempts to decode prairie dog language. I would suggest attempting this with more budgies, come up with similar tests, and experiments to correctly decipher (if possible) what's being communicated.

Prairie dog language:

http://blogs.scienti...mp-yip-display/

I read the article and found it very interesting. Perhaps if prairie dogs had they ability for form speech like parrots and they were brought up in a similar enviroment we would be able to understand them too.

The thing with speaking is... we need our tongues and teeth and lips to form actual words, seeing as budgies/canarys etc have no lips or teeth, you are not actually hearing real words... but mimicry of the sound of the words

May I remind people what I said above?

• Like 1

Animals are not supposed to talk since it blurs the line between humans and animals. But there is the controversial case of Gef, the talking mongoose, who had his moment of fame in the 1930's at the Isle of Mann.

Is the same Victor? In the museum of hoaxes?

http://hoaxes.org/we..._talking_budgie

Unfortunately that is just another example of what people can say about someone on the internet and get away with it. Victor is definately not a hoax and in a recent press release I have invited the press to view the original videos I have on tape . But thanks for bringing it up as that site has been a thorn in my side for many years.

Edited by Spyros