Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

American Sniper has warped peoples minds

Professor Buzzkill

Guest Br Cornelius

You'd all be speaking German and hieling Hitler if it weren't for people making those decisions.

Everyone has to make their own personal choice in a given situation, but invading countries and destroying their civilization based upon lies is hardly the same as defending yourself against an aggressive invading force is it.

If thinking about the consequences of your actions is a crime then call me a criminal. Dumb obedience is not a virtue in my book.

Br Cornelius

Edited by Br Cornelius

Guest Br Cornelius

American sniper was a great piece of film making.

A great piece of propaganda.

Br Cornelius

Edited by Br Cornelius

His only regret was that he didn't kill more of the scum who wanted to kill his buddies. That makes him ok in my sight. It's war - he was a warrior and a damned good one.

That sounds just like what Jesus would say...Oh wait, no it doesn't. It sounds just like someone who hasn't bothered to examine why we were in Iraq and is hypnotized by hateful propaganda would say. Edited by OverSword
  • Like 2

As I understand it, his only regret was that he didn't kill more Iraqis which is a whole busload of different to "the scum who wanted to kill his buddies".

I read the book and I absolutely did not get that from it. He called them (the insurgents) SAVAGES and he was correct. Every shot he took was witnessed by at least one other person and documented to have been justified. Your attitude brings into question your view of the justice in soldiers being there at all. That's your opinion and you're welcome to it but it's a cheap shot to hang guilt on someone you never met, don't know and probably wouldn't care to know JUST because he wore the uniform of my country.
  • Like 1

That sounds just like what Jesus would say...Oh wait, no it doesn't. It sounds just like someone who hasn't bothered to examine why we were in Iraq and is hypnotized by hateful propaganda would say.

Your opinions of me are immaterial. I have stated before that I felt my country goofed by going into Iraq but once we went it would have been an even worse thing to blame those who went to do our national will. Kyle was a damned good SEAL and he went through things that I doubt anyone on UM could have handled. Judging him because of the political decisions of his APPOINTED leadership is low class imo.
  • Like 2

Everyone has to make their own personal choice in a given situation, but invading countries and destroying their civilization based upon lies is hardly the same as defending yourself against an aggressive invading force is it.

If thinking about the consequences of your actions is a crime then call me a criminal. Dumb obedience is not a virtue in my book.

Br Cornelius

I'd say it was a job well done. To bad we could not have been strong enough to see it all the way through.

Takeing that regime out was a step up in the world.

http://youtu.be/peX_tlTGa1w

• Like 1

Doing what you think was right when you haven't really put any serious though into what that actual entails means that the majority of the soldiers are ignorant of their real function and have signed up to a war machine. Ignorance is not an excuse for doing the wrong thing since we can all inform ourselves.

Br Cornelius

The right thing is subjective. If half the nation's thinks one course of actions right that does not mean they are evil. Just diffrent views

The world's not black and white

As for Iraq we took Saddam out. He was a brutal dictator. We do not need to apologize for that. There is no conspiracy he just tricked the world intelligence and his own men about WMDS

Unless you belive people living under a brutal regime is a good thing?

Edited by spartan max2
  • Like 3

Your opinions of me are immaterial. I have stated before that I felt my country goofed by going into Iraq but once we went it would have been an even worse thing to blame those who went to do our national will. Kyle was a damned good SEAL and he went through things that I doubt anyone on UM could have handled. Judging him because of the political decisions of his APPOINTED leadership is low class imo.

This is exactly how I feel. Yes Kyle enlisted, but when you enlist you don't exactly have an exact itinerary of what you will be doing the next couple of years.

Dislike the politicians who put us in there if you want to put blame on someone.

• Like 1

Guest Br Cornelius

I'd say it was a job well done. To bad we could not have been strong enough to see it all the way through.

Takeing that regime out was a step up in the world.

http://youtu.be/peX_tlTGa1w

As I have said many times before the nearly 1 million who have died as a direct and indirect consequence of the Gulf wars I & II would probably not share your opinion.

Br Cornelius

Guest Br Cornelius

The right thing is subjective. If half the nation's thinks one course of actions right that does not mean they are evil. Just diffrent views

The world's not black and white

As for Iraq we took Saddam out. He was a brutal dictator. We do not need to apologize for that. There is no conspiracy he just tricked the world intelligence and his own men about WMDS

Unless you belive people living under a brutal regime is a good thing?

The facts surrounding Iraq are fairly black and white. It was illegal based upon a lie and nearly one million people are dead as a consequence.

Br Cornelius

Doing what you think was right when you haven't really put any serious though into what that actual entails means that the majority of the soldiers are ignorant of their real function and have signed up to a war machine. Ignorance is not an excuse for doing the wrong thing since we can all inform ourselves.

Br Cornelius

Your statement strikes me as rather ignorant because Soliders like Kyle didn't have the data avaliable to them that we do now. At the time of the Iraq invasion multiple government agencies confirmed there was a strong likelihood of WMD. And the information we have now is still debated.

• Like 1

The truth about Kyle is that he was a war profiteer who after he got out of the army became the president of Craft International a mercenary killers for hire company who's motto is "Despite What Your Mama Told You Violence Does Solve Problems". He wrote the book and later got the movie deal in order to increase his fame and use it to attract customers so he could make money off of violence and death. Yeah. What a hero. Satan's hero maybe.

• Like 5

No it wouldn't. If you don't look long and hard at why you're going over to kill people before you do it then you are and idiot.
  • Like 1

American sniper was a great piece of film making.

Naturally, Eastwood knows his craft.

• Like 1

This is exactly how I feel. Yes Kyle enlisted, but when you enlist you don't exactly have an exact itinerary of what you will be doing the next couple of years.

Dislike the politicians who put us in there if you want to put blame on someone.

I think when he became a mercenary killer for hire after he got out of the military he showed us exactly what he was really all about. Can't blame the politicians for that one, it was all Chris Kyle at that point.

Guest Br Cornelius

Your statement strikes me as rather ignorant because Soliders like Kyle didn't have the data avaliable to them that we do now. At the time of the Iraq invasion multiple government agencies confirmed there was a strong likelihood of WMD. And the information we have now is still debated.

It was a matter of public debate at the time. It was well known that there was no credible evidence of WMD at the time that the attack was launched.

Tony Blair may yet face trial for that little lie. There is absolutely no debate about the reality of WMD - nothing was ever found - NOTHING.

Br Cornelius

It was a matter of public debate at the time. It was well known that there was no credible evidence of WMD at the time that the attack was launched.

Tony Blair may yet face trial for that little lie. There is absolutely no debate about the reality of WMD - nothing was ever found - NOTHING.

Br Cornelius

When we captured Saddam men all his commanders belived that a diffrent unit had it. But I guess it's a conspiracy and our war profiteers paid them off too....

• Like 1

The truth about Kyle is that he was a war profiteer who after he got out of the army became the president of Craft International a mercenary killers for hire company who's motto is "Despite What Your Mama Told You Violence Does Solve Problems". He wrote the book and later got the movie deal in order to increase his fame and use it to attract customers so he could make money off of violence and death. Yeah. What a hero. Satan's hero maybe.

He didn't hide this it's on his book. Security is what he is good at.

He also worked to help veterans with PTSD. But I guess that's about fame too.

If you have the mind that everything is a conspiracy

Edited by spartan max2
  • Like 2

Br Cornelius

I just don't think this is true. And unless you can find me creditable sources dated from around the time of invasion that were skeptical on the weapons of mass destruction I won't believe you.

• Like 1

As I have said many times before the nearly 1 million who have died as a direct and indirect consequence of the Gulf wars I & II would probably not share your opinion.

Br Cornelius

So... More have died as a result of makeing cars. You do what you have got to do when it's time. Everything results from something. How exactly is that 1 mil calculated. In 80 years more than 7 billion people will have died

• Like 1

So... More have died as a result of makeing cars. You do what you have got to do when it's time. Everything results from something. How exactly is that 1 mil calculated. In 80 years more than 7 billion people will have died

I'm sure that number comes from the diffrent fractions killing each other too. Because you know that is all also our fault. ;)

Edited by spartan max2
  • Like 1

I just don't think this is true. And unless you can find me creditable sources dated from around the time of invasion that were skeptical on the weapons of mass destruction I won't believe you.

Your gov was selling the lie. There were plenty of nations that didnt believe the socalled evidence of wmds.

• Like 2