Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

American Sniper has warped peoples minds

Professor Buzzkill

I'm sure that number comes from the diffrent fractions killing each other too. Because you know that is all also our fault. ;)

If we finished the job properly that wouldnt have even happened. No Isis nothing.

Guest Br Cornelius

I just don't think this is true. And unless you can find me creditable sources dated from around the time of invasion that were skeptical on the weapons of mass destruction I won't believe you.

It was a major public issue. Look into the Dr David Kelly affair to see how much it was out in the open. This was the main weapons inspector in Iraq declaring that there was no credible evidence and that he had been put under pressure to "sex up" the evidence to justify the invasion. He ended up dead under mysterious circumstances labelled as suicide.

I think it is you who are a little to young to actually remember what happened back then.

So... More have died as a result of makeing cars. You do what you have got to do when it's time. Everything results from something. How exactly is that 1 mil calculated. In 80 years more than 7 billion people will have died

You callous prick, one million people are dead based upon a lie. What if the same had have been done to you and your loved ones.

There was no possible way to get a war such a Iraq right, short of a permanent occupation force, and so every catastrophe that has happened since was inevitable once the first bomb was dropped. If the Bush administration had have paid attention to their real intelligence experts they would have know that.

You should also remember that Saddam was an allie to the USA who turned a blind eye to his regime's behaviour up until he became a liability and they decided to overthrow him.

Get over yourself.

Br Cornelius

Edited by Br Cornelius

It was a major public issue. Look into the Dr David Kelly affair to see how much it was out in the open. This was the main weapons inspector in Iraq declaring that there was no credible evidence and that he had been put under pressure to "sex up" the evidence to justify the invasion. He ended up dead under mysterious circumstances labelled as suicide.

I think it is you who are a little to young to actually remember what happened back then.

You callous prick, one million people are dead based upon a lie. What if the same had have been done to you.

Get over yourself.

Br Cornelius

Saddam killed between 250,000 to 500,000 Iraqis. Do you think that number would have reached over a million if he was still in power?

• Like 3

You callous prick, one million people are dead based upon a lie. What if the same had have been done to you.

Get over yourself.

Br Cornelius

Resorting to name calling?

• Like 2

Security. That's a funny moto for a security firm. And marvel should sue their asses off for stealing the Punisher logo.

Seriously... military units use all kinds of logos.

It's a motto jesus. You're just knit picking now. I'm done

If we finished the job properly that wouldnt have even happened. No Isis nothing.

Finished the job. Hmmmm..... how would that had been possible? Kill everybody? The facts are clear. The USA gov ordered their military to invade Iraq. Thousands of innocent people were killed. Most defending their property from the invaders. Defending their families. Listen up.... there was no end game or clear exit plan for the invaders. It was and is one huge cluster ****.

• Like 2

The facts surrounding Iraq are fairly black and white. It was illegal based upon a lie and nearly one million people are dead as a consequence.

Br Cornelius

Yup, the facts were pretty black and white.... Again, how many UN resolutions were passed against that particular regime? Oh yeah, that's right... We were justified by that alone. Now, if we want to discuss the rhetoric and propaganda used to sell the idea to the American public, comment away. In my estimation, that was where the administration screwed up. They had almost full bipartisan support, no reason to politicize it by selling rhetoric to the American public. But truly, that just really showed that no matter how important something is in this day and age that politicians will always try to CYA in order to keep their jobs.

The Bush administration saw an opportunity on the world chess board to assert control over a region that had recently attacked us. Again, who is in the middle of Iraq and Afghanistan? Hmmmmm? No, the reason couldn't be that simple... It must have only been about the OOOOIIIILLLLL!!!!

• Like 1

Saddam killed between 250,000 to 500,000 Iraqis. Do you think that number would have reached over a million if he was still in power?

Do you think ISIS would be an issue if he were still in power?

Seriously... military units use all kinds of logos.

It's a motto jesus. You're just knit picking now. I'm done

good

Guest Br Cornelius

Resorting to name calling?

When someone such as WCF excuses mass murder of a million people then what can I do but call him out on it.

Br Cornelius

When someone such as WCF excuses mass murder of a million people then what can I do but call him out on it.

Br Cornelius

ignoring the fact that your numbers are probably wrong.

So who cares how brutal the dictator in charge of the region is. As long as we keep order right?

Screw human rights and freedom. Always keep order.

Guest Br Cornelius
The Bush administration saw an opportunity on the world chess board to assert control over a region that had recently attacked us.

Who exactly in Iraq attacked us. Be specific now.

I think you are repeating Bushes other little lie, the same one as one of the interview's falsely repeated in the opening video.

The people who had actually attacked you were your allies the Saudis, why didn't you attack them ????

Br Cornelius

Edited by Br Cornelius

Guest Br Cornelius

ignoring the fact that your numbers are probably wrong.

So who cares how brutal the dictator in charge of the region is. As long as we keep order right?

Screw human rights and freedom. Always keep order.

The figures are undoubtedly an underestimation since they include all of the children who died as a consequence of the sanctions imposed between Gulf war I & II.

If you are going to make a situation considerably worse by intervening then I am damn right in saying keep out. The whole region has been destabilized because a bunch of idiots thought they could re-write the middle eastern map. It created a power vacuum that has sucked in thousands of terrorists who have subsequently destabilized the whole region - and the deaths are consequently still piling up daily.

Br Cornelius

The movie is entertainment. Being a man in the army is a job just like any other job. It comes with certain duties, responsibilities, and it pays the bills. But most men can't fathom the mental downsides of war.

• Like 2

Who exactly in Iraq attacked us. Be specific now.

I think you are repeating Bushes other little lie, the same one as one of the interview's falsely repeated in the opening video.

The people who had actually attacked you were your allies the Saudis, why didn't you attack them ????

Br Cornelius

Notice I said "region" and not "Iraq"....

Oh, because the stance that Saudi Arabia has is against the US...right? lol Talk about short sighted... What base over in that region was the primary for all our Iraq war efforts?

Hell, there are people here that want to blow this country apart and it has nothing to do with religion. Where the "terrorists" are from is irrelevant to the course of action that was taken, IMO. They sold small picture idea to garner support publicly and was looking at big picture affects that could possibly be brought about.

The truth about Kyle is that he was a war profiteer who after he got out of the army became the president of Craft Internationala mercenary killers for hire company who's motto is "Despite What Your Mama Told You Violence Does Solve Problems". He wrote the book and later got the movie deal in order to increase his fame and use it to attract customers so he could make money off of violence and death. Yeah. What a hero. Satan's hero maybe.

Not to mention the fabricated stories in his book, as well. Shooting two carjackers, punching out venture... there are more but I don't care to look.

• Like 1

The figures are undoubtedly an underestimation since they include all of the children who died as a consequence of the sanctions imposed between Gulf war I & II.

If you are going to make a situation considerably worse by intervening then I am damn right in saying keep out. The whole region has been destabilized because a bunch of idiots thought they could re-write the middle eastern map. It created a power vacuum that has sucked in thousands of terrorists who have subsequently destabilized the whole region - and the deaths are consequently still piling up daily.

Br Cornelius

And where is all this fighting taking place? Oh, that's right....

I just don't think this is true. And unless you can find me creditable sources dated from around the time of invasion that were skeptical on the weapons of mass destruction I won't believe you.

There were tons of people, in the media and in politics, at the time who doubted he had WMD's. That was the major talking point almost the entire time. How could you not remember that?

• Like 1

There were tons of people, in the media and in politics, at the time who doubted he had WMD's. That was the major talking point almost the entire time. How could you not remember that?

She was pretty young at the time. Edited by OverSword

I was pretty young, but I still remember it. Probably not as well as many of you guys I'm sure. But I know that most government agencies believed there to be WMD.

• Like 2

I was pretty young, but I still remember it. Probably not as well as many of you guys I'm sure. But I know that most government agencies believed there to be WMD.

Yes, and you could find as many sources to back your opinion as anyone else could find to support theirs. There were also reports of tractor trailer convoys being seen by satellite leaving Iraq going into Syria which could have been carrying all sorts of weapons. It's all opinion and speculation.

• Like 3

Wasn't one of the reasons for the second invasion because he kept the weapons inspectors out. Despite UN resolutions.

And wasn't the first invasion because he invaded Kuwait.

• Like 4

Yes, and you could find as many sources to back your opinion as anyone else could find to support theirs. There were also reports of tractor trailer convoys being seen by satellite leaving Iraq going into Syria which could have been carrying all sorts of weapons. It's all opinion and speculation.

That was sort of the point I was trying to make. Around 9/11 a lot of people enlisted and had no idea where they would end up. It's ridiculous to blame them for not doing their research prior to enlisting. Many who ended up in Iraq, enlisted in Afghanistan.

• Like 4

How about not starting wars on opinion and speculation then.

• Like 3