Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

American Sniper has warped peoples minds

Professor Buzzkill

That was sort of the point I was trying to make. Around 9/11 a lot of people enlisted and had no idea where they would end up. It's ridiculous to blame them for not doing their research prior to enlisting. Many who ended up in Iraq, enlisted in Afghanistan.

To defend our nation against the enemy without having any knowledge where our government would take it.

How about not starting wars on opinion and speculation then.

As far as I know, the general public of which I was speaking didn't have anything to do with starting a war.

• Like 1

The chemicals we gave him were because he invaded Iran. So there isn't a dickle of principle in how we judge Iraq's behavior in the world. There are only petty and I would add filthy political differences.

Keeping the inspectors out was another classic turd drop. Here we are still believing it today. Good freaking grief people.

• Like 2

As far as I know, the general public of which I was speaking didn't have anything to do with starting a war.

Is that the best response you've got to what I just said? Seriously?

As far as you said, the opinions you were speaking of weren't limited to the general public. We the people weren't watching the trucks on satellite and informing the government about them, please.

The chemicals we gave him were because he invaded Iran. So there isn't a dickle of principle in how we judge Iraq's behavior in the world. There are only petty and I would add filthy political differences.

Keeping the inspectors out was another classic turd drop. Here we are still believing it today. Good freaking grief people.

Kinda how we knew he had chemical weapons and later how to produce them, doncha think?

• Like 3

Kinda how we knew he had chemical weapons and later how to produce them, doncha think?

You're asking me for even more conjecture? :blink:

I don't think you're even listening to what you're responding to.

I was pretty young, but I still remember it. Probably not as well as many of you guys I'm sure. But I know that most government agencies believed there to be WMD.

You were pretty young and now you're not so young anymore. So, what size bombs should someone drop on your neighborhood since your country has weapons of mass destruction?

• Like 2

Is that the best response you've got to what I just said? Seriously?

As far as you said, the opinions you were speaking of weren't limited to the general public. We the people weren't watching the trucks on satellite and informing the government about them, please.

Well, duh....did you start this war? I know I nor anyone else I know started it. Have any of our politicians ever listened to us?

I don't know about you, but I saw pictures on the news that were supposed to be trucks going into Syria. It was mentioned in a couple of threads at the time. They may have been filmed traveling across the Mojave for all we know, but it was still reported. What we choose to believe is up to us.

• Like 1

You were pretty young and now you're not so young anymore. So, what size bombs should someone drop on your neighborhood since your country has weapons of mass destruction?

I don't know why you are asking me this. My only reply in this thread had to do with the fact Cornelieus said Kyle should have researched WMD before enlisting.

• Like 3

The funny part being that we knew what type and how much he had because it was all sold to him by American and German companies. Therefore we were also well aware that the limited shelf life of those chemicals were mainly expired by the time we went over there. The whole thing was actually because Saddham got caught selling oil for gold and also notably for euros. That undermined the worlds economy which is based on all oil being sold only for S dollars. That, ad to control raqs oil supplies were the only real reason we went there and every nation and bank on the earth knew it well ahead of time.
  • Like 4

Wasn't one of the reasons for the second invasion because he kept the weapons inspectors out. Despite UN resolutions.

And wasn't the first invasion because he invaded Kuwait.

Because he wanted to make the world believe he had them l. His own commander assumed they WMDs.

Keep them out to keep up the trick

• Like 3

Because he wanted to make the world believe he had them l. His own commander assumed they WMDs.

I had never even realized that as a possibility before.
  • Like 1

The whole thing was actually because Saddham got caught selling oil for gold and also notably for euros. That undermined the worlds economy which is based on all oil being sold only for S dollars. That, ad to control raqs oil supplies were the only real reason we went there and every nation and bank on the earth knew it well ahead of time.

I have serioulsy considered the oil for gold and euro aspect, but I don't buy controlling Iraq's oil supplies. If that was the case we did a poor job of it.

http://www.eia.gov/dnav/pet/pet_move_impcus_a2_nus_ep00_im0_mbbl_m.htm

Click on the years 1996-2014 on Iraq.

Currently, the US only receives 14% of all of the oil exported from Iraq.

• Like 1

I have serioulsy considered the oil for gold and euro aspect, but I don't buy controlling Iraq's oil supplies. If that was the case we did a poor job of it.

http://www.eia.gov/d..._im0_mbbl_m.htm

But we did get their oil back into circulation, thus increasing the amount on the market and lowering the overall value of oilfor our corporations to make ever increasing quarterly profits. Keep in mind that not all of that is going to be imported to the USA, American oil companies sell oil all over the world. Edited by OverSword
  • Like 1

Another one of these AS threads...

Well it gives people a reason to argue i suppose... :st

• Like 2

He had to keep up appearances which ultimately led to his demise.

http://www.eia.gov/dnav/pet/pet_move_impcus_a2_nus_ep00_im0_mbbl_m.htm

Think Petro-dollar = US $ It's currently the worlds reserve currency because its used to trade the majority of oil and gas. Its nothing but a confidence game.

Same thing happened to Gaddafi when he was urging African nations to circumvent the US $ and only accept gold for their natural resources. It almost took off. Unfortunately my gov your gov decided the time was ripe to bomb the **** out of their country and here we are today with their country in chaos.

• Like 3

But we did get their oil back into circulation, thus increasing the amount on the market and lowering the overall value of oilfor our corporations to make ever increasing quarterly profits. Keep in mind that not all of that is going to be imported to the USA, American oil companies sell oil all over the world.

There wasn't a problem with the oil circulation before we went in and it's low even now.

I have deliberately not seen it. Will not pay for it. Will not be viewing it.

Doing what you think was right when you haven't really put any serious though into what that actual entails means that the majority of the soldiers are ignorant of their real function and have signed up to a war machine. Ignorance is not an excuse for doing the wrong thing since we can all inform ourselves.

Br Cornelius

As this thread progresses it is really showing my point. Iraq is STILL a contentious topic, years later. It will continue to be so, indefinitely. So honestly, how can you fault someone for not doing their "research" well enough prior to enlisting. Additionally, haven't soldiers always had the function of defending against attacks as well as attacking, a.k.a being "war machines"

• Like 1

Think Petro-dollar = US $ It's currently the worlds reserve currency because its used to trade the majority of oil and gas. Its nothing but a confidence game.

Same thing happened to Gaddafi when he was urging African nations to circumvent the US $ and only accept gold for their natural resources. It almost took off. Unfortunately my gov your gov decided the time was ripe to bomb the **** out of their country and here we are today with their country in chaos.

All of it is a big cluster*** innit?

I have deliberately not seen it. Will not pay for it. Will not be viewing it.

Your input is greatly appreciated, and I'm sure they are crying over your $10...

• Like 2

As this thread progresses it is really showing my point. Iraq is STILL a contentious topic, years later. It will continue to be so, indefinitely. So honestly, how can you fault someone for not doing their "research" well enough prior to enlisting. Additionally, haven't soldiers always had the function of defending against attacks as well as attacking, a.k.a being "war machines"

Well I believe its a personal decision which varies from individual to individual. I also believe its a decision based on conscious morals and a respect for ones self esteem.

As for Chris Kyle.... I believe he had a low sense of self worth. Killing other individuals fed his morally obtuse self esteem.

Well I believe its a personal decision which varies from individual to individual. I also believe its a decision based on conscious morals and a respect for ones self esteem.

As for Chris Kyle.... I believe he had a low sense of self worth. Killing other individuals fed his morally obtuse self esteem.

You might be right, I didn't know him, I saw the movie but I didn't read the book.

At the time of the Iraq invasion multiple government agencies confirmed there was a strong likelihood of WMD.

Oh please, MI6 and the CIA both knew that Saddam had no active WMD program, and the subsequent dossier that Blair used to justify UK involvement in an illegal war was flawed and plagiarized from unattributed sources, the Dodgy Dossier as it is more commonly known.

• Like 2

Joe Rogan said it best "I don't disrespect marine's those are some of the toughest mother ****ers out there that put their lives on the line for someone else's order. Its the people given the orders I question." something like that anyway.

• Like 4