Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

'Uncertain Radiological Threat'

questionmark

In March of 2011, the aircraft carrier USS Ronald Reagan rushed to Japan to help after the disastrous tsunami. Since then, many sailors from that ship have fallen ill, possibly as a result of exposure to radiation from the Fukushima nuclear meltdown. They will soon have their day in court.

On March 11, 2011, the American aircraft carrier USS Ronald Reagan received orders to change course and head for the east coast of Japan, which had just been devastated by a tsunami. The Ronald Reagan had been on its way to South Korea when the order reached it and Captain Thom Burke, who was in charge of the ship along with its crew of 4,500 men and women, duly redirected his vessel. The Americans reached the Japanese coastline on March 12, just north of Sendai and remained in the region for several weeks. The mission was named Tomodachi.

The word tomodachi means "friends." In hindsight, the choice seems like a delicate one

Read more

• Like 2

Thanks for posting the link. I remember when this story first surfaced.

Gosh (sarcasm), it's so hard to imagine the Pentagon or Navy trying to cover this up. They are such strangers to deception and cover-up.

I hope the lawsuit proceeds and is successful, but the lives of all those sailors have already been ruined. :td:

• Like 2

I remember that issue as well and also the fact the soldiers are not allowed by law to open a lawsuit against the country/government.

And its my personal impression that there is a lot of superficial sentimentality in relation to veterans in the US but if these girls`n boys

runned into real trouble, e.g. the participants on aboveground nuclear weapon tests in the 40s/50s/60s, soldiers who got sick by

contamination with Agent Orange in the Vietnam war, sufferers of the Golf War Syndrom, all of these seem to be let quite alone in

the fields and dont get the full support that they require.

Edited by toast
  • Like 2

Here's the problem I have with this - many of these sailors started reporting illnesses within months of the relief effort in Japan. Cancer from radiation exposure simply doesn't develop that quickly. It just doesn't. Even if it's a high dose, it doesn't impact how quickly cancers develop, it increases the chance of cancer developing down the road - in most cases, decades.

Then there's the other point, reports are saying 70+ sailors. Well the USS Ronald Reagan has a complement of almost 6,000 between it's crew and air wing. We know that 17 airmen were directly exposed during helicopter relief drops. So remove them from the numbers and you're looking at, say, 60 to be generous. And assuming that ALL of them are reporting cancer (which probably isn't the case, but I'm being generous), are we even looking at a cancer rate that is higher than the general population or, more accurately, cancer rates among those serving in the nuclear navy?

I think it's also important to keep in mind that the previous lawsuits have been thrown out and that, for the most part, the majority of what we're hearing on the case is coming from the attorneys for the sailors. There seems to be very little out there beyond that. Additionally, all of it is being picked up by the usual conspiracy and scare-mongering sites and most certainly embellished to fit their agendas.

I'll be interested to see how it all plays out.

• Like 1

Interesting, especially that this has not made any mainstream news in the United States.

The words "desolate" or "desolation" first appear as a phenomena in the Torah or Old Testament.

Since those books were written, roughly 3000 years ago, there is only one place on earth that has experienced desolation related to an "Act of God."

What kind of geniuses build a nuclear resort by the sea in a place known for giant tsunamis over millennia? A place where there are actual stone markers on the western hillsides showing how high the water has gotten in past historic events.

So when the forecast was given here, and the Beast actually told the man to his face that you may not buy or sell unless you shut your mouth, Big Daddy was listening ...

Every Christian on earth should be made aware that the Beast wants it hidden.

Edited by Raptor Witness

Interesting, especially that this has not made any mainstream news in the United States.

It has been making the mainstream news sporadically since 2012 or so, but typically only when lawsuits have been filed and when they have been dismissed.

• Like 1

Examples of illnesses reported after Chernobyl should be compared, generally.

How hard is that?

The MSM deliberately omits any reference to a story that upsets the status quo. That is why alternative media, in this case Spiegel Online, is so important to find out what is really happening in the world.

The western media is utterly corrupt.