Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Robot attacks sleeping woman

Ozfactor

http://www.news.com.au/technology/innovation/robot-vacuum-tries-to-eat-womans-head/story-fnjwucti-1227214286350

ELON Musk and Stephen Hawking both warned us that artificial intelligence would be what ends humanity. Last week a South Korean woman was attacked by her robot vacuum cleaner. Does this spell the beginning of the end?

The innocent woman unsuspectingly purchased her robot vacuum to relieve her daily stresses and not have to worry about vacuuming her floors. But instead, the 52 year old’s robot servant turned on her while she was taking a nap.

• Like 1

Don't put my hair-covered head on the floor when I have a machine sucking up everything on my floor: Lesson Learned :blush:

That did look painful though. I have long hair so I think i'd have figured this scenario out a head of time (bad pun intended).

• Like 2

really, we should have expected the robot revolution would start with the vacuums. the were created to clean up our messes; it's only logical that eventually one would decide to start cleaning at the source.

• Like 2

Good stuff for a sci-fi-horror C-movie, e.g. "Global attack of the zombie robot vacuum cleaners" or "The imperium of the intergalactic robot vacuum cleaners strikes back."

• Like 2

I suppose the robot was getting revenge for having to work while she lazily took a nap. I think I would be p***ed if someone was sleeping in the same room I was expected to be cleaning!

AI have feelings too.

;)

Edited by TheDarkerSide
  • Like 1

Never sleep on you floor when you have robotic vacuum cleaner set to automatic cleaning. If AI will finish us it will be because of our own mistakes, but let's blame robocop or terminator eh

• Like 2

Robots can not attack... They only do what they are programmed to do... Even if a combat robot is programmed to use a weapon, it is not "attacking"... The programmer is...

The article should have been titled: "Woman foolishly lays down on floor while vacuum cleaning robot was running. Gets hair caught"...

• Like 7

The vacuum was simply trying to clean up a hairy mess...that this was a person's head is far beyond the scope of the vacuum to comprehend.

• Like 1

SkyNet is just probing our defences at this stage. Examining our responses.

Edited by Leonardo
  • Like 4

We have nothing to fear from vacuum cleaner robots. They suck.

I apologize...That was awful but it had to be done.

:lol:

• Like 1

Sounds like she should be up for a Darwin award.

• Like 1

hahahahahaahahhaa omg this sounds so funny. and the comments doesn't help either.i guess she should have washed her hair. it's the robots way of calling her dirty.

• 2 weeks later...

I, for one, welcome our new vacuum cleaner overlords.

Best comment ever.

• Like 2

If she hadn't been sleeping on the floor the thing wouldn't have attacked her. I hope she learns her lesson about sleeping on the floor.

• Like 1

My puppy Ringo is pretty much convinced that the vacuum cleaner is some sort of 'evil alien'. One of those roomba things would probably be seen as being a toy though...he'd rip it to shreds in no time.

• Like 1