Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Quantum equation predicts no big bang

seeder

No Big Bang? Quantum equation predicts universe has no beginning

The universe may have existed forever, according to a new model that applies quantum correction terms to complement Einstein's theory of general relativity. The model may also account for dark matter and dark energy, resolving multiple problems at once.

The widely accepted age of the universe, as estimated by general relativity, is 13.8 billion years. In the beginning, everything in existence is thought to have occupied a single infinitely dense point, or singularity. Only after this point began to expand in a "Big Bang" did the universe officially begin.

Although the Big Bang singularity arises directly and unavoidably from the mathematics of general relativity, some scientists see it as problematic because the math can explain only what happened immediately after—not at or before—the singularity.

"The Big Bang singularity is the most serious problem of general relativity because the laws of physics appear to break down there," Ahmed Farag Ali at Benha University and the Zewail City of Science and Technology, both in Egypt, told Phys.org.

Ali and coauthor Saurya Das at the University of Lethbridge in Alberta, Canada, have shown in a paper published in Physics Letters B that the Big Bang singularity can be resolved by their new model in which the universe has no beginning and no end

http://phys.org/news...iverse.html#jCp

Edited by seeder
  • Like 3

Oh dear, are they going to have to rewrite the science books again? If only Bob Bushman was still around, he;d be able to tell them what really happened :(

• Like 3

Oh dear, that kind of blows the whole creation thing out the window. Whooosh.... Oh well c'est la vie

life goes on...

Brings back those halcyon days when Steady State Theory was rattling around in the Clapper.

Big bang = god farted.

Before big bang, when everything was one = god was pleased.

From Cayce-reader's perspective.

So...no viable explanation about how the universe is even here. The Big Bang is shoved down our throats for 50 years, and now that theory was wrong. It was always here? Doesn't make sense. Please explain. Totally impossible.

Listen, I'm just finishing up the reboot of Cosmos with Neil DeGrasse T. He clearly explained with beautiful CGI how the big bang led to the birth of the Universe. I'm not watching another reboot any time soon so can we just go with what we have for a while?

• Like 4

Listen, I'm just finishing up the reboot of Cosmos with Neil DeGrasse T. He clearly explained with beautiful CGI how the big bang led to the birth of the Universe. I'm not watching another reboot any time soon so can we just go with what we have for a while?

I like more Cosmos with Carl Sagan. Even better, his book called, surprisingly, Cosmos.

so the same question as what i say when i hear about the big bangs mass point thing, so how did it get there in the first place, this is not a theory, this is what you say when you cont come up with one, the first question for it should be what exactly time is cause in some theorys it allows the laws of physics to change over time but others don't and if physics changes than we need to know how so we can back track it

So...no viable explanation about how the universe is even here. The Big Bang is shoved down our throats for 50 years, and now that theory was wrong. It was always here? Doesn't make sense. Please explain. Totally impossible.

We have theories. Not just one. Big Bang is widely accepted. Especially in media. Personally, string theory have more logic to me. One member mentioned Cosmos. Carl Sagan spoke about String theory. But people dont notice that. They see what they like to see. In string theory , cosmos in eternal. It expand and then contract. Infinity. Eternal process. Universe is born then die. Born and die. Like Cosmos is breeding in a sense.

Well I always did prefer the Little Bang Theory for what it was worth ~

`

I like the Big Plop theory.

• Like 2

In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.

Hey bro, your religion is wrong, there was no beginning, it was just, like, always here, for forever.

• Like 1

I like how everyone says that this proves the Creationiosts wrong, but surely orthodox Science must be a bit :blush: too, unless they're going to say "well, it was just a theory .... :innocent: "

• Like 2

If we only had a TARDIS.......

• Like 2

Heres another5 good read, if you read the whole page that is!)

Einstein vs quantum mechanics, and why he'd be a convert today

Albert Einstein may be most famous for his mass-energy equivalence formula E = mc2, but his work also laid down the foundation for modern quantum mechanics.

His analysis of the "spookiness" of quantum mechanics opened up a whole range of applications including quantum teleportation and quantum cryptography, but he wasn't completely convinced by the theory of quantum mechanics – and that story is as fascinating as the theory he attempted to nail down.

Quantum mechanics is downright bizarre. It implies that a particle, such as an electron, can pass through two holes at the same time.

More famously, German physicist Erwin Schrödinger's equations proved that a cat could end up in a peculiar sort of quantum state, being neither dead nor alive.

None of this impressed Einstein. He believed quantum mechanics was correct, but desperately wanted to find a way to "complete" quantum mechanics so it made sense.

At the time, most quantum physicists adopted the "shut up and calculate" philosophy: get on with the job, and don't worry about philosophical issues – just get the predictions.

Read more at: http://phys.org/news/2014-06-einstein-quantum-mechanics-hed-today.html#jCp

Maybe Hawking is going "TEE HEE HEE" with his voice modulator right about now ~

• Like 1

I like how everyone says that this proves the Creationiosts wrong, but surely orthodox Science must be a bit :blush: too, unless they're going to say "well, it was just a theory .... :innocent: "

Science is self correcting. Religion is not.

• Like 6