Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Lost Sherlock Holmes story discovered

Still Waters

An historian has unearthed the first unseen Sherlock Holmes story in more than 80 years that Sir Arthur Conan Doyle wrote to help save a town bridge.

Walter Elliot, 80, found the 1,300-word tale starring the famous detective in a collection of short stories written for a local bazaar.

http://www.telegraph...mans-attic.html

• Like 5

Not to go off topic but I an unpublished Dr.Seuss story he wrote in the 50's was recently found: "What Pet Should I Get?" and will be published this July. It was on the news last night and this made me think of it.

• Like 2

Cool beans.

Edited by ancient astronaut
  • Like 1

i wonder how much publishing agancies are ofering that man right as i type now... really makes me think, my grandma used to have a old bible (about 200-300 years old) when she was a kid but they burned it as fire wood, i could have been so rich (actually my family did use to clear more than the mayor but my parents didn't think to invest any money, i really wish that the rest of my family understood finances, oh well maybe when i inherit the house i could try busting open a 500 year old vine seller (that used to belong to a nobleman that runed the city back in the days) with no entrance that's under my house and seems to be intact and find some old vine that would go for a couple hundred grand these days, if my family would be a bit more financially wise i could not have to work a day in my life :.(

He could get paid well for the rare book containing the story, but Conan Doyle's Estate controls the copyrights to almost all his stuff. At least, in the US.

Examine it closely, Watson.

Harte

Edited by Harte

Bearing in mind the peculiar circumstances with which this pleasant turn of events has brought to light an adventure thought to have been lost , I dare say my dear Watson, if you would be as so kind as to fetch your firearm, we may have need of it again ...

~

• Like 2

Wouldn`t it be awesome, if Steven Moffat would use this story for his next Sherlock-Episode?

• Like 2

Wow this is interesting.

• Like 1

Sherlock Holmes and the Mystery of the Lost Script, wow sounds like a Sherlock Holm.....wait hold on!!

• Like 1