Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Schoolgirls 'Joining ISIS in Syria'?

Leonardo

Religion makes people do strange things. When your education coupled with home life upbringing is centred around and dominated by a region your going to end up with warped views or perspectives.

ISIS and their self announced "true and proper version" of Islam is going to look attractive to those of fragile minds and sympathisers- from all over the world who believe they are living a lifestyle not compatible with their true beliefs, Its like they believe they are living a sort of watered down or repressed version of Islam and this seems especially true for a minority living in the the Western world, who then go "soul searching" - wanting to prove to their "god" they are true followers. of which they then join the "cause" by either carrying out terrorist attacks or supporting terrorists.

Its hard to understand because you have to be a fanatic in the true sense of the word in-order to understand the mentality behind what's happening. the best policy the UK can have is revoke citizenship of those guilty of going to fight or support terrorists but the key point is they should stand trial not here in the UK courts, but in the countries affected by their acts of terrorism. such as Iraq, Syria, Jordan, Egypt or Libya etc.... and then let them rot in their jails.

Edited by stevewinn
  • Like 2

Religion makes people do strange things. When your education coupled with home life upbringing is centred around and dominated by a region your going to end up with warped views or perspectives.

ISIS and their self announced "true and proper version" of Islam is going to look attractive to those of fragile minds and sympathisers- from all over the world who believe they are living a lifestyle not compatible with their true beliefs, Its like they believe they are living a sort of watered down or repressed version of Islam and this seems especially true for a minority living in the the Western world, who then go "soul searching" - wanting to prove to their "god" they are true followers. of which they then join the "cause" by either carrying out terrorist attacks or supporting terrorists.

Its hard to understand because you have to be a fanatic in the true sense of the word in-order to understand the mentality behind what's happening. the best policy the UK can have is revoke citizenship of those guilty of going to fight or support terrorists but the key point is they should stand trial not here in the UK courts, but in the countries affected by their acts of terrorism. such as Iraq, Syria, Jordan, Egypt or Libya etc.... and then let them rot in their jails.

I agree with what you are saying. Totally.

I would like to ask, is there any laws acting as a deterrent to join such a group. I mean if I go shop lifting, I know I could be charged with that. If I commit bodily harm I can be charged with that. Is there a law in place to act as a deterrent. If not then we need some. I also think that if they go to fight with Isis or similar, then we should not let them back into our country. I am sure if they knew they would be separated from their families on their return and sent back to the place they felt so drawn to in the first place that alone might deter some.

• Like 1

In this case, what is the UK's reaction? Do we try and get hold of these teens as long as they are in Turkey, bring them back home? Or do we go down the route of hell mend you, and leave them be? After all, it's not like the girls live in a country where they haven't been given any information at just how the gits of IS behave towards their women folk. And if this is a case of them being groomed to think a certain way, how do we prevent this from happening?

They've gone to join a group of psychopaths. As heartless as this sounds, I'd say let them die in their "holy war".
  • Like 2

if I were a Muslim mother in Britain today, my children's passports would be in a secure place under lock and key. Especially as the whole nation is told repeatedly that many young ones are leaving the UK to join the likes of Isis.

Muslim parents must be pretty worried about their kids running off, why make it easier for them to do so. Unless of course some of the parents encourage it.

I'm not sure the parents of all these 'jihadi brides' are encouraging their daughters to run off to Syria and join ISIS, however it may be they are not discouraging them to. While there are Muslims speaking out against extremism, it seems many are simply putting their fingers in their ears and pretending it's not a problem - or not their problem. That is, until their daughter(s) depart to join the extremist cause.

• Like 1

Even after all news about what isis idiots do there are 'brains' which decide to join them. Can't be worse then that really.

• Like 1

I agree with what you are saying. Totally.

I would like to ask, is there any laws acting as a deterrent to join such a group. I mean if I go shop lifting, I know I could be charged with that. If I commit bodily harm I can be charged with that. Is there a law in place to act as a deterrent. If not then we need some. I also think that if they go to fight with Isis or similar, then we should not let them back into our country. I am sure if they knew they would be separated from their families on their return and sent back to the place they felt so drawn to in the first place that alone might deter some.

You would have to prove intent. Which would be difficult.

And I am going to disagree with everyone who says we should not let them back in. Is there anyone here who did not do stupid things in their teens? Revocation of nationality is serious. If they undertake major terrorist acts, I doubt they will be allowed back. If on the other hand they just end up as "wives" for ISIS operators I don't see any justification.

Who gave them the air fare and how did they obtain passports (being minors), without the consent of their parents who would be required to sign passport requisition forms.I reckon they have gone with the full permission of their parents.

chances are that they already had passports

How does a 15-year-old have a passport ?

And doesn't Turkey require entrance visa's ?

I simply don't understand how it is POSSIBLE for these three to get through to check-in, let alone board the aircraft.

If it IS proceedurally possible, then something is BADLY wrong with our border control checks. I know these might - logically - be weaker outbound than inbound, but even so.

If it is NOT proceedureally possible - e.g. the Turkish Airlines staff screwed up (or where even complicit), then their contract to operate at the airport should be suspended pending investigation. Make it HURT them financially, and perhaps they will pay attention next time ?

Does anyone here know a bit more about airport security and check-ins when it comes to outbound flights, who can cast any light on what is SUPPOSED to happen, and what restrictions ARE in place ?

• Like 2

if I were a Muslim mother in Britain today, my children's passports would be in a secure place under lock and key. Especially as the whole nation is told repeatedly that many young ones are leaving the UK to join the likes of Isis.

Muslim parents must be pretty worried about their kids running off, why make it easier for them to do so. Unless of course some of the parents encourage it.

Maybe some of them DO encourage it - or worse are given money or higher status in some quarters - when they give their daughter to the jihadis -

But they have to pretend they don't know anything about it and that they ran away because otherwise they will be prosecuted...

?

• Like 2

I simply don't understand how it is POSSIBLE for these three to get through to check-in, let alone board the aircraft.

If it IS proceedurally possible, then something is BADLY wrong with our border control checks. I know these might - logically - be weaker outbound than inbound, but even so.

If it is NOT proceedureally possible - e.g. the Turkish Airlines staff screwed up (or where even complicit), then their contract to operate at the airport should be suspended pending investigation. Make it HURT them financially, and perhaps they will pay attention next time ?

Does anyone here know a bit more about airport security and check-ins when it comes to outbound flights, who can cast any light on what is SUPPOSED to happen, and what restrictions ARE in place ?

There are things that don't add up about all this, for sure....

Perhaps they were given false passports or they were accompanied by an adult...who helped with

paperwork etc...

But all that points to a network of '''Islamic State''' support secretly moving around in the background -

And in this case providing wives (young, impressionable ones especially welcome? ) for the fighting Jihadists -

because this helps to keep their morale high - and provides the next generation of Jihadists - willing to fight and

die for their 'cause' -

?

Edited by bee
  • Like 2

Meh.

Girls run away every day'

Some run straight into the clutches of pimps. (or child-rapist rich privileged men*)

*If you want me to cite a few, I will.

*hides under duvet from ISIS girls*

• Like 3

How does a 15 year old have a passport? Same way anyone else does.

How do they get through to check in? Check in is landside. You can check in on line now.

Then you produce a boarding card to get yourself through security.

At the gate the airline reconciles your passport with your boarding card and hopefully glances at your face. And you go.

At Turkey you purchase an entry visa.

Travel by air is nowadays simple and relatively easy, queues excepting. The aim of the measures is largely to prevent prohibited articles from getting airside and onto a plane and to make reasonably sure you are who you say. The main thrust of police and SB at airports is to support this and to catch traffickers and other unwilling travellers. Not to ask each of the thousands and thousands of travellers if they are going to lie on the beach or join ISIS.

There is no suggestion I have seen of a Turkish Airlines screw up. They are quite a professional airline. Your comments about hurting them financially and suspending contracts miss the point. What is it you think they have failed to do?

The pressure for years and years from industry and the travelling public has been to simplify air travel and remove the red tape. And as a result it is now nearly as easy to board a plane as it is to get on a bus. The threat in airports has now taken a major change and the freedom that the travelling public and the likes of O'Leary and Stelios fought for is now a vulnerability. There is neither the resources nor the political will to reintroduce massive and expensive checks on outbound passengers. The checks already in place cause enough angst.

And ask yourself this. Whose responsibility is it to stop 15 year old schoolgirls from flying to a popular holiday destination so that they can cross the border for reasons of their own, into an area of danger and terrorist activity? The airline? The airport? The government? Society? Or their parents? It is surely time for people to take some responsibility for their actions and those of their children.

• Like 4

And I am going to disagree with everyone who says we should not let them back in. Is there anyone here who did not do stupid things in their teens? Revocation of nationality is serious. If they undertake major terrorist acts, I doubt they will be allowed back. If on the other hand they just end up as "wives" for ISIS operators I don't see any justification.

How many terrorist groups did you try to join?
  • Like 6

How many terrorist groups did you try to join?

I wasn't really even part of a clique at school. :wacko:

• Like 3

Just let them leave. Either they stay in and blow up themselves in Britain killing a few British or join Isis and blow themselves up there. The choice is yours.

• Like 1

It's just so unfortunate, so needless.

• Like 1

Those kids have got to know what ISIS horror is going on in the world, what would pocess them to even join that horror?

Yes, of course they should be aware of the horror and atrocities that the ISIS are causing.

But some teenage girls can be as 'silly as wheels' at that age (not all) but some - whom may get caught up in the notion that many of these young thugs/murderers are hero's of sorts.

Sadly, they are enticed by the romantic and glamorous allure of these freedom fighters, so to speak.

The following link explains in a little more detail why young women from Australia are also becoming involved.

http://www.israelnat...18#.VOmiw_mUeuK

Edited by Astra00

I just facepalmed so hard I think I just broke my skull.

For some people USA army might count as one.

I'm not talking about idiots.

I'm sure they'll love their new lives as baby-making second-class citizens and come to regret it at all.

The tragedy is that these young girls are about to have all their dreams, hopes and ambitions shattered in one full blow.

They have fled a country that is tolerant, kind and caring to minority people. They have left a country that have freely educated them to university standard. This same society has made it possible for their mothers to give birth to them in clean, modern safe facilities, with the highest regard to their welfare. They have been vaccinated against diseases that could have killed them or left them with debilitating disabilities. These girls i have no doubt have exercised their right to use our NHS system and used the services of a doctor 24 hours a day, and given free prescriptions when needed, to treat childhood ailments. They have gone from a system that supports you when you are unable to do so yourself. They have turned their back on a whole free thinking, free speaking way of life, in an era of feminism that could only grow with them, they had what many in the world die trying to get. Poor poor girls, so misguided.

• Like 6

what the hell is the teddy bear all about - - - (starting at 0.39)...that father clutching the teddy makes me suspicious that the

family is playing us for fools...??

in another video a fellow student of the girls say they were very intelligent and very religious -

somewhere the father is quoted as saying that his daughter said she was going to a wedding -

BUT - are teenage muslim girls - religious ones - actually allowed to go anywhere unaccompanied..?

why young people are running into an Islamic state? people are tired of the lies of European and American palitikov. a protest! People are tired of seeing that the policy Germany England France suck dick at the Abama, do what he says. ordinary people see that these politicians do not have any law. Policies destroyed the economy of Europe, agriculture is in decline. shale revolution has spoiled the environment. Ukraine 1-2 years all the land will be poisoned by chemicals that are used in natural gas production from shale oil. 2 years for Europe, Ukraine will become an anchor. Ukraine will suck dengue. half a year later, Ukraine will weapons imported by the Americans. each offender in Europe will be a pistol and machine gun. People are tired of the old politicians lie. they want politicians to answer for his words! Therefore, young people gain their family in igil. If there gave his word - then we must fulfill. Europe is a prostitute! and those who understand this are in igil fight for the truth. I was against igil. But America has established itself LIH. Now I began to understand LIH. Really - tired palitiki prostitutes. The enemy of my enemy - my friend. Let igil kill Europe and America. Let Europe and the US is being punished for his words and for its policy of double standards. Shall bear the punishment for their support fascism! I write through electronic translator Google. mistakes, I will not be corrected in the text, I express my contempt Europe and the United States prostitute zhirtrest mad.