Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Who Is Running ISIS?

joc

Some interesting reports that have emerged the last couple of days..

http://ottawacitizen...-jordan-reports

http://www.globalresearch.ca/reports-link-islamic-state-recruiter-to-canadian-embassy-in-jordan/5436724

Edited by Phaeton80

Some interesting reports that have emerged the last couple of days..

http://ottawacitizen...-jordan-reports

http://www.globalres...-jordan/5436724

Multiple UN NAMED Turkish media reports. Maybe the source is correct but you have to be a little sketchy to not give even a single source a name. JMO.

It would not surprise me at all to learn that Russia was funding ISIS. Stir it all up...create amazing chaos...roll in the tanks, clean it up...hero of the day.

Multiple UN NAMED Turkish media reports. Maybe the source is correct but you have to be a little sketchy to not give even a single source a name. JMO.

We have had numerous, and I do mean numerous instances in my 'homeland' (ugh) where people who were known to aspire a Syria trip - were known to be radicalizing, sympathizing with ISIS - and were on the intelligence service radar for months.. still found their way to that region unabated. There is even a case of a father writing letters begging the AIVD / authorities, doing anything he could, to make them commandeer his 17 year old son's passport so he could not travel anywhere. The response was "dont worry, we have him under surveillance, he will go nowhere." Guess what, he was in Syria a month or so later (and killed some time after that). Latest Dutch case; a mother of two young girls who had an int. warrant for her arrest. The school her little 7 and 8 year old girls were attending sounded the alarm after the mother printed two airline tickets to Turkey (after, again, being on the authorities' radar for months as a radicalised individual liable to flee - WITH HER LITTLE GIRLS - to a warzone, to murderous criminal zealots) for a considerable time based on the father sounding the alarm.. In fact, I think one would be hardpressed to find any Syrian- bound European that hasnt been 'monitored' by these secret services (before they started and completed their trip without any hassle at all).

Now one could explain this as some extreme form of incompetence on the authorities/AIVD part, but this is getting more and more implausible as similar cases keep turning up. Seems to be a rather disconcerting pattern emerging, given both possible scenario's have some extremely dire implications.

Edited by Phaeton80
  • Like 2

We have had numerous, and I do mean numerous instances in my 'homeland' (ugh) where people who were known to aspire a Syria trip - were known to be radicalizing, sympathizing with ISIS - and were on the intelligence service radar for months.. still found their way to that region unabated. There is even a case of a father writing letters begging the AIVD / authorities, doing anything he could, to make them commandeer his 17 year old son's passport so he could not travel anywhere. The response was "dont worry, we have him under surveillance, he will go nowhere." Guess what, he was in Syria a month or so later (and killed some time after that). Latest Dutch case; a mother of two young girls who had an int. warrant for her arrest. The school her little 7 and 8 year old girls were attending sounded the alarm after the mother printed two airline tickets to Turkey (after, again, being on the authorities' radar for months as a radicalised individual liable to flee - WITH HER LITTLE GIRLS - to a warzone, to murderous criminal zealots) for a considerable time based on the father sounding the alarm.. In fact, I think one would be hardpressed to find any Syrian- bound European that hasnt been 'monitored' by these secret services (before they started and completed their trip without any hassle at all).

Now one could explain this as some extreme form of incompetence on the authorities/AIVD part, but this is getting more and more implausible as similar cases keep turning up. Seems to be a rather disconcerting pattern emerging, given both possible scenario's have some extremely dire implications.

You believe that Amsterdam - and the West in general supports ISIS? I'm not sure what you're saying here but the situation you describe is awful for the parents.

You think Amsterdam is a nation, dont you. I think its pretty clear what Im saying. Which is, there seems to be an odd pattern here that begs explanation. I know I would demand one if I were the father of the kid I was referring to.. wouldnt you? If this is indeed incompetence, there should be some consequence(s), change of policy.

You think Amsterdam is a nation, dont you. I think its pretty clear what Im saying. Which is, there seems to be an odd pattern here that begs explanation. I know I would demand one if I were the father of the kid I was referring to.. wouldnt you? If this is indeed incompetence, there should be some consequence(s), change of policy.

No, P, I'm quite aware of your little town on the Amstel. And had it been clear I'd have not said what I did. Yes I would want to know if sheer stupidity by the authorities led to the death of my child. The pattern you describe seems to point to complicity between the West - including your little part of the Nederlands - and ISIS. I just don't buy that it is ongoing. Of course I could be completely wrong but the idea that government would fund a terror army and fund the destruction of same is laughable on it's face.
  • Like 1

See AT, you mentioning that specific detail about de Amstel indicates to me you have just been reading (wiki) up on this, and I was probably correct assuming what I did (given this observation is in addition to your earlier mishap, which pretty much rules out vacation experience).

• Like 2

See AT, you mentioning that specific detail about de Amstel indicates to me you have just been reading (wiki) up on this, and I was probably correct assuming what I did (given this observation is in addition to your earlier mishap, which pretty much rules out vacation experience).

Again you are making assumptions P. I've never been to Amsterdam though I considered it once. It's troubling to see you are willing to assume the worst about someone you disagree with. It doesn't lend itself to broadening your horizons much.

I am indeed, AT. I am quite certain one would not state what you stated if they knew what they were talking about. Doesnt matter, really dont much care one way or the other. No need to worry about the broadness of my horizons my friend.

Maybe the policy is...hey...if they wanna go...let 'em go...don't have to watch them then anymore...

...why would a Muslim want to go join ISIS? Because maybe...radicalized Islamic belief is deeper than what we are told?

• Like 2

Get used to it from some of the UM members. What do they know of the beauty of Netherlands, Amsterdam, Rotterdam....Little Town, eh?

Indeed, yet somehow the broadness of my horizons are questioned. Thats often how it goes here, Ive learned to be entertained instead of irritated.

So youve been to my country recently, or are you Dutch yourself?

Edited by Phaeton80

Indeed, yet somehow the broadness of my horizons are questioned. Thats often how it goes here, Ive learned to be entertained instead of irritated.

So youve been to my country recently, or are you Dutch yourself?

No, grew up in Germany. Originally from Bosnia, living in Canada. My ex-gf was from Rotterdam. Been almost all over Europe (including UK loved it there).

I see, a true country hopper.. So how is life in Canada these days.. Would you say its 'better living' then say Germany, UK?

Get used to it from some of the UM members. What do they know of the beauty of Netherlands, Amsterdam, Rotterdam....Little Town, eh?

I know as much of the beauty of those places (none) as you seem to understand whimsy and irony in prose. The term "little" wasn't about size, rather it was an term of endearment for a historical treasure. The idea that someone from Amsterdam would think a guy in Alabama had never heard of it or would confuse it with being a country is just a form of snobbery I think. Europeans seem to think of Americans as backward, rustic even, because we have not experienced multiple cultures in many countries. We are arrogant because we know only one language. Did it ever occur to you that for you it was a real necessity to be multilingual? If you travel more than a few hundred miles in any direction you are in a different nation with different customs and languages. If Americans had that opportunity I have no doubt we'd measure up just as well as any European. In this we are a victim of our wealth. Many Americans never travel outside the country because just traveling to different states or regions gives us all the variety one could wish for. I'm not saying we are better, but we certainly aren't worse.
  • Like 1

The idea that someone from Amsterdam would think a guy in Alabama had never heard of it or would confuse it with being a country is just a form of snobbery I think.

The reason for me supposing what I did is, I think you'd agree, very obvious.. and you supplied it yourself. It has very little to do with 'snobbery', but as you wish.

I see, a true country hopper.. So how is life in Canada these days.. Would you say its 'better living' then say Germany, UK?

Life is ok. Not like in Europe, especially Germany. It is very fast. Different kind of socializing. My experience here is that socializing means get drunk wasted. Depending with whom you talk the conversations is very low, basic. Not much intellectual variety, unless you talk to immigrants from UK, Germany, Bosnia, Spain and of course Netherlands.

I miss the long patio evenings with a glass of wine and just listening to people talk. The only experience close to it here in North America I had in Chicago. I love Chicago. Great City.

Toronto is ok but just like any other City in N.A. That is why Chicago stands out.

Not the same like strolling down the streets of Amsterdam, Frankfurt, Berlin, Sarajevo, Zagreb, Wien... Every City is different and has it's own soul.

But, it is quite here. And I need peace. That's what matters for me the most.

Interesting, I would have thought Canada different than the rest of North America in that sense. Always been sort of drawn to that region. But its probably one of those irrational 'romantic' attractions.. those that go sour before you know it. Should just book that trip and be done with it, somehow never got around to that.

Interesting, I would have thought Canada different than the rest of North America in that sense. Always been sort of drawn to that region. But its probably one of those irrational 'romantic' attractions.. those that go sour before you know it. Should just book that trip and be done with it, somehow never got around to that.

By all means, come and visit Canada. The nature is fantastic. Niagara Falls, a one in a lifetime experience. Quebec is different. Still the old world charm, especially Quebec City.

The rest is the same. Big, boring. Parks are great but the Ducks know me already by name.

Drive the Highways at 100 km/h instead of 200+.

Quebec it is then. Maybe Ill drop you a line sometime to get some of your insiders tips. Got my eyes on this one too though, ill have to pick ;-) Thanks for the insights odas, much obliged.

Quebec it is then. Maybe Ill drop you a line sometime to get some of your insiders tips. Got my eyes on this one too though, ill have to pick ;-) Thanks for the insights odas, much obliged.

Expect to be snubbed by some people of you speak English. Also enjoy good old fashioned original recipe PFK.

• Like 2

Expect to be snubbed by some people of you speak English. Also enjoy good old fashioned original recipe PFK.

They don't mind if you speak English if you are a tourist out of Canada but yes they do get ignorant if you are Canadian and don't comunicate in french. Otherwise Canada is beautiful with mostly good people.

• Like 1

Putain de merde.. sait ou devrait savoir. Dont like the language, dont really like the French neither.. but if it helps me, Ill oblige.

Damn Frenchies, these people will expect you to speak French even if they are the ones visiting your country.

• Like 1

Putain de merde.. sait ou devrait savoir. Dont like the language, dont really like the French neither.. but if it helps me, Ill oblige.

Damn Frenchies, these people will expect you to speak French even if they are the ones visiting your country.

Putin de what?
  • Like 1