Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Who Is Running ISIS?

joc

Uhmmm not to be insensitive but over here in the East that applies to almost everyone from the West ~ whatever the Racial or Nation Denomination ~

~ that's not too bad , the worse are the ones that pats us on the head because we speak and understands 'English' ~

~

• Like 2

Uhmmm not to be insensitive but over here in the East that applies to almost everyone from the West ~ whatever the Racial or Nation Denomination ~

~ that's not too bad , the worse are the ones that pats us on the head because we speak and understands 'English' ~

~

I thought they'd pat you because of your nice, white fluffy fur and because you have a third eye stuck in your head.

• Like 2

Putain de merde.. sait ou devrait savoir. Dont like the language, dont really like the French neither.. but if it helps me, Ill oblige.

Damn Frenchies, these people will expect you to speak French even if they are the ones visiting your country.

As a native french speaker from Canada I would say that this is not really true, not if you're only visiting the province of Québec. If you plan to live in Québec though, a part for Montreal which is traditionally a bilingual city you are preferably expected to learn the local tongue not only for a better intergration as an immigrant but out of respect for the culture that welcomes you. I believe the same standard applies everywhere else. But tourists speak english all around the world and here is no exception, because that's the second language taught in schools and of which most people might have a rudimentary understanding.

Of course there are always people who can't go beyond ''yes'', ''no'' and ''thank you'' especially if you go in the regions or rural areas, but you know the exact same thing could be said of pretty much every places in the world where english is not the native tongue.

Edited by samus

As a native french speaker from Canada I would say that this is not really true, not if you're only visiting the province of Québec. If you plan to live in Québec though, a part for Montreal which is traditionally a bilingual city you are preferably expected to learn the local tongue not only for a better intergration as an immigrant but out of respect for the culture that welcomes you. I believe the same standard applies everywhere else. But tourists speak english all around the world and here is no exception, because that's the second language taught in schools and of which most people might have a rudimentary understanding.

Of course there are always people who can't go beyond ''yes'', ''no'' and ''thank you'' especially if you go in the regions or rural areas, but you know the exact same thing could be said of pretty much every places in the world where english is not the native tongue.

I'll have to take your word for this but I can tell you that the few people I know who have traveled to France or Quebec have reported exactly what P80 said. It's like the locals have an attitude about English speakers. But they also said that if a person at least attempts to speak French - even badly - they tend to be a little less snooty :)

I'll have to take your word for this but I can tell you that the few people I know who have traveled to France or Quebec have reported exactly what P80 said. It's like the locals have an attitude about English speakers. But they also said that if a person at least attempts to speak French - even badly - they tend to be a little less snooty :)

Really depend where exactly these tourists went. Also, we can't deny the historical context of Québec, the long (and sometimes difficult) relationship between french and english people, there can still be traces of this old siege mentality but Québec as a whole is a very welcoming and open society.

True, die-hard nationalists and the secessionist movement have projected a somewhat negative image of Québec to the world in the last couple of years but I don't think it would be fair to paint a broad brush over french canadians in general concluding that they are a uppish people.

Besides, we have some Poutine to offer ;):

58bb.jpg

Edited by samus
  • Like 1

I wasnt specifically referring to Canadian French people, or their reaction to speaking (specifically) English in French Canadian regions. Simply because I am in no position to do so (given I have never been there). I am however, in a position to state what I stated concerning the French in.. well.. France. They do not only expect people (Dutch, German, Norse, Danish etc etc) to speak French in France (as a tourist) - they simply refuse to speak English - but they also expect people to speak French when they themselves are actually visiting said nations. While visiting the Netherlands, they are perfectly liable to get irritated when they do not get a response in their native tongue after adressing the Dutch in French. Mind you, a lot of Dutch speak multiple languages. Almost all know how to experess themsleves pretty well in at least French, German and English. Still, pretty arrogant, imo.

• Like 1

I wasnt specifically referring to Canadian French people, or their reaction to speaking (specifically) English in French Canadian regions. Simply because I am in no position to do so (given I have never been there). I am however, in a position to state what I stated concerning the French in.. well.. France. They do not only expect people (Dutch, German, Norse, Danish etc etc) to speak French in France (as a tourist) - they simply refuse to speak English - but they also expect people to speak French when they themselves are actually visiting said nations. While visiting the Netherlands, they are perfectly liable to get irritated when they do not get a response in their native tongue after adressing the Dutch in French. Mind you, a lot of Dutch speak multiple languages. Almost all know how to experess themsleves pretty well in at least French, German and English. Still, pretty arrogant, imo.

Ah ok, I get you then. I can't speak for France since in this day in age we don't have so much in common with them beside the french language. We have grown apart and Quebeckers are more oriented towards a North-American culture.

Edited by samus
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...

Isis magazine Dabiq attacks 'conspiracy theories' causing jihadists to flee

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/isis-magazine-dabiq-attacks-conspiracy-theories-causing-jihadists-flee-1502528

Tsssk.. Those crazy crazy conspiracy nutters. When will it ever end?! Maybe ISIS should hire O'Reilly to ridicule them.

Maybe these terrorists are just as gullible as the millions who watch Fox on a daily basis.

Isis magazine Dabiq attacks 'conspiracy theories' causing jihadists to flee

http://www.ibtimes.c...ts-flee-1502528

Tsssk.. Those crazy crazy conspiracy nutters. When will it ever end?! Maybe ISIS should hire O'Reilly to ridicule them.

Maybe these terrorists are just as gullible as the millions who watch Fox on a daily basis.

For an organization that claims to want to go back to the 8th century and for everyone to travel around on donkeys, it seems quite glossy and expensively produced. Edited by Norbert Dentressangle

So do their execution vdo's.. as well as the gold Swiss watch on al Baghdadi's wrist.

Obama statements in the set back in Iraq,lets not just jump into the fire, but yet McCain statements, but yet they are burning people in the streets

Guest Br Cornelius

Just came across this report which firmly identifies that the West, Turkey and other Gulf States aided and abbetted the formation of ISIS in order to destroy Assad, and they knew well in advance that the Islamic State would result:

Critics of the US-led strategy in the region have repeatedly raised questions about the role of coalition allies in intentionally providing extensive support to Islamist terrorist groups in the drive to destabilize the Assad regime in Syria.

The conventional wisdom is that the US government did not retain sufficient oversight on the funding to anti-Assad rebel groups, which was supposed to be monitored and vetted to ensure that only ‘moderate’ groups were supported.

However, the newly declassified Pentagon report proves unambiguously that years before ISIS launched its concerted offensive against Iraq, the US intelligence community was fully aware that Islamist militants constituted the core of Syria’s sectarian insurgency.

Despite that, the Pentagon continued to support the Islamist insurgency, even while anticipating the probability that doing so would establish an extremist Salafi stronghold in Syria and Iraq.

As Shoebridge told me, “The documents show that not only did the US government at the latest by August 2012 know the true extremist nature and likely outcome of Syria’s rebellion” — namely, the emergence of ISIS — “but that this was considered an advantage for US foreign policy. This also suggests a decision to spend years in an effort to deliberately mislead the West’s public, via a compliant media, into believing that Syria’s rebellion was overwhelmingly ‘moderate.’”

Annie Machon, a former MI5 intelligence officer who blew the whistle in the 1990s on MI6 funding of al-Qaeda to assassinate Libya’s former leader Colonel Gaddafi, similarly said of the revelations:

“This is no surprise to me. Within individual countries there are always multiple intelligence agencies with competing agendas.”

She explained that MI6’s Libya operation in 1996, which resulted in the deaths of innocent people, “happened at precisely the time when MI5 was setting up a new section to investigate al-Qaeda.”

https://medium.com/insurge-intelligence/secret-pentagon-report-reveals-west-saw-isis-as-strategic-asset-b99ad7a29092

Br Cornelius

Just came across this report which firmly identifies that the West, Turkey and other Gulf States aided and abbetted the formation of ISIS in order to destroy Assad, and they knew well in advance that the Islamic State would result:

https://medium.com/i...et-b99ad7a29092

Br Cornelius

If what you say is true then perhaps you could explain WHY any government would create it's own mortal enemy? Serious question. Who would do that intentionally? If your point is that ISIS came about as a result of a failed strategy, I can believe that no problem but you make it sound like the whole creation was planned. It just isn't rational.
  • Like 1

Guest Br Cornelius

If what you say is true then perhaps you could explain WHY any government would create it's own mortal enemy? Serious question. Who would do that intentionally? If your point is that ISIS came about as a result of a failed strategy, I can believe that no problem but you make it sound like the whole creation was planned. It just isn't rational.

I don't think that ISIL is the USA's mortal enemy, its still doing the work of pressurizing both Assad and the regime in Iran. It represents almost no real threat to American interests and helps further the general thrust of their ally Israel’s regional interests.

As they say the USA still has bigger fish to fry and rewriting the total map of the Middle east is still their overall goal. ISIL represents a small mopping up exercise once all the dirty work is done.

Br Cornelius

Edited by Br Cornelius

That's the thing that raised my eyebrow about ISIS. More Americans have joined it, than have been killed by it. I honestly think, that they are being nurtured and herded to further the US and Sunni Nation's goals (Saudi Arabia, Turkey, etc.) against a growing Shiite (Iranian) influence. All the genocide and beheadings are the "breaking of a few eggs" to make the overall omelet.

That's the thing that raised my eyebrow about ISIS. More Americans have joined it, than have been killed by it. I honestly think, that they are being nurtured and herded to further the US and Sunni Nation's goals (Saudi Arabia, Turkey, etc.) against a growing Shiite (Iranian) influence. All the genocide and beheadings are the "breaking of a few eggs" to make the overall omelet.

They may have been formed for that reason but they have taken on a life and purpose of their own. I'm still not so jaded about my government that I can accept them to be that Machiavellian.

Guest Br Cornelius

They may have been formed for that reason but they have taken on a life and purpose of their own. I'm still not so jaded about my government that I can accept them to be that Machiavellian.

Then I think you are deluded since their own internal report predicted exactly what has happened and they still went ahead with supporting the insurgents whilst lying to the American public about only sending arms to moderates.

Here is the actual Government document analyzing the situation, what is pertinent is that they carried on supplying the insurgents after they had identified the likely outcome that this would lead to the formation of the Islamic state in Iraq and Syria:

http://www.judicialwatch.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/Pg.-291-Pgs.-287-293-JW-v-DOD-and-State-14-812-DOD-Release-2015-04-10-final-version11.pdf

Br Cornelius

Edited by Br Cornelius

Then I think you are deluded since their own internal report predicted exactly what has happened and they still went ahead with supporting the insurgents whilst lying to the American public about only sending arms to moderates.

Br Cornelius

You can find idiots in positions of power in every government on earth Br. Only in the US do you automatically assume evil intent - even when it is irrational. Says more about your outlook than about evil in the US government.

I don't think that ISIL is the USA's mortal enemy, its still doing the work of pressurizing both Assad and the regime in Iran. It represents almost no real threat to American interests and helps further the general thrust of their ally Israel’s regional interests.

As they say the USA still has bigger fish to fry and rewriting the total map of the Middle east is still their overall goal. ISIL represents a small mopping up exercise once all the dirty work is done.

Br Cornelius

Exactly. it's predominantly anti what America doesn't like either. And it seems notably indifferent to Israel.

Well, consider the fact that the Iraqi military outnumbers ISIS by 6:1, have had US training, and billions of dollars of US weaponry but yet, they just lay down their weapons and run away. They were beaten even before the fight began. Why is that? What does the average Iraqi soldier know about ISIS that the American public doesn't?

• Like 1

Well, consider the fact that the Iraqi military outnumbers ISIS by 6:1, have had US training, and billions of dollars of US weaponry but yet, they just lay down their weapons and run away. They were beaten even before the fight began. Why is that? What does the average Iraqi soldier know about ISIS that the American public doesn't?

Well, that has precedents, even when defending their homeland, if there's disastrous leadership, both of the army and of the country as a whole, look at France in 1940, but I think one main thing to remember here is that Iraq has only existed as a country since it was cobbled together by Britain after WWI, it's always been one of those countries, like Yugoslavia, that's needed a strong and sometimes ruthless leader to keep it together. Take away that leader, add a healthy dose of interference from outside, and they might well wonder whether it's worth trying to save what's effectively a failed political experiment.

• Like 2

Guest Br Cornelius

You can find idiots in positions of power in every government on earth Br. Only in the US do you automatically assume evil intent - even when it is irrational. Says more about your outlook than about evil in the US government.

I don't attribute it to evil intent, I attribute it to what Henry Kissinger would have called Realpolitik. Evil is a religious concept which has no counterpart in real politics and incompetence is a copout for those who don't want to face certain hard facts about their own governments behaviour.

Br Cornelius

I don't attribute it to evil intent, I attribute it to what Henry Kissinger would have called Realpolitik. Evil is a religious concept which has no counterpart in real politics and incompetence is a copout for those who don't want to face certain hard facts about their own governments behaviour.

Br Cornelius

And it's by no means necessarily irrational from their point of view; they couldn't give two farthings about whether one lot of towelheads slaughters another lot, they (the people who are behind American policy) see it all as helping their agenda, which is to destablise those countries that might be strong enough to resist "Western" pressure to conform to their wishes, at the end of the day.
  • Like 1

I thought it was Bush Jr who got the ball rolling with his Axis of 'Evil' ~ US prior to that was at best referred to as 'Satan' which many than a few Americans was mighty proud of ~

We have read a lot of news stories about ISIS...videos of their atrocities, etc.

Recently I read a story about how ISIS is being funded by the Black Market selling of human organs. Apparently they are harvesting organs from their victims and selling them on the black market and killing doctors who refuse to participate.

That seems like a rather inricate web of intellectual thought. I've heard other stories of how ISIS is planning to invade Italy and take over Rome. We all know the Vatican is in Rome...and we all know that the Vatican is where all the Catholic Wealth is...including the Holy Father...The Pope.

So...

Who really is it that is running the ISIS show? Who are the 'real' persons pulling the strings, to make all of this happen and to happen so quickly?

Open for discussion...because...I know that I don't know....does anyone? Are there no intelligence agencys that know who is behind ISIS? What are their names? Where are they?

I think that IS, despisedly called ISIS, is sponsored by the governments of Saudi Arabia, Israel, and the USA.

Edited by regeneratia
  • Like 1