Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

'Get your mum to wash it - it's her job'

Still Waters

An Italian clothing firm has been branded 'sexist' after giving out cardigans with washing instructions telling customers to get their mums to do it.

The Shoeshine clothing brand in northern Italy gave out items with normal washing instructions including 'Machine wash cold' and 'Do not dry clean'.

But tagged on the end of their labels is a message which reads: 'Or give it to your mum, it's her job'.

https://uk.news.yaho...41.html#VVtU0e0

Just like Spanish men, Italian men are very misogynistic... one day they will join the rest of us in the 21st Century :no:

Just one misunderstood joke. Bad one, maybe, but only because of 'high morale preaching' standard which is trendy lately. I guess it is easier to flame this company then to do something about racism which is still reality.

Maybe mom will just hang them back up and when they get to smelling bad enough you will get the hint.

Edited by Ashotep
  • Like 1

Guys, think, they are implying males are unable to follow instructions and operate a washing machine. I find that kind of insulting.

• Like 1

When one becomes a feminist, does one automatically have to have one's sense of being able to recognise when someone is making a joke removed?

• Like 1

Guys, think, they are implying males are unable to follow instructions and operate a washing machine.

I think the labels could be taken either way, especially when they've added "it's her job", that part is aimed at the mum. When I saw that I thought "what a cheek", but with a big grin across my face. Quite funny really.

Cultural differences, especially in regards to humor, certainly always need to be taken into account. It is not unusual for a 40-year old male to still be living with their mother in many countries.

I ask my son to bring me his clothes to wash. I get a certain enjoyment from doing it. I suppose it's because he lives away from home now and I really miss doing things for him. So if I can just launder and iron his clothing so he looks smart I really don't mind.