Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

American Horror Story season 5

rashore

Ok.. figured it would be better to open up a topic about season 5 rather than carry on in the season 4 thread.

So, today I saw an article that Lady Gaga is signed up to be in season 5. Not sure if she is supposed to be a season regular star or a guest star yet, the article wasn't clear about that, it just said she will star in season 5. Kathy Bates is confirmed for season 5 too... A bunch of actors are supposed to be confirmed out for season 5 and doing other projects.

Apparently there has been a leak about the season 5 header... it's going to be "Hotel" according to the news.

I guess that kind of throws out the project tophat and area 51 kinds of theories if it's going to be Hotel, because that seriously would not make any sense if the header is correct.

I'm still hoping for a 60's/70's serial killers senario- but with hotel, that might be able to stretch into the Holmes notions some folks are having.

So... theories, comments.. hopes for what's coming this season? Discussion floor is open!

• Like 5

Ok.. figured it would be better to open up a topic about season 5 rather than carry on in the season 4 thread.

So, today I saw an article that Lady Gaga is signed up to be in season 5. Not sure if she is supposed to be a season regular star or a guest star yet, the article wasn't clear about that, it just said she will star in season 5. Kathy Bates is confirmed for season 5 too... A bunch of actors are supposed to be confirmed out for season 5 and doing other projects.

Apparently there has been a leak about the season 5 header... it's going to be "Hotel" according to the news.

I guess that kind of throws out the project tophat and area 51 kinds of theories if it's going to be Hotel, because that seriously would not make any sense if the header is correct.

I'm still hoping for a 60's/70's serial killers senario- but with hotel, that might be able to stretch into the Holmes notions some folks are having.

So... theories, comments.. hopes for what's coming this season? Discussion floor is open!

Interesting, perhaps a Norman Bates type thing. I was wondering how they plan to top season 4. It was so well done.

Edited by Sherapy
  • Like 1

I have high hopes for this next season,though i cant lie for me this past season was disappointing...Far to rushed from start to finish with not much meaning as filler in the middle.

The episode that led to the break with pepper was the only truely memorable episode i can and will remember...

Edit to add

I still was hoping some of rashores ideas were going to be what was to come.

Either way just hoping for a well done next season!

Edited by CrimsonKing
  • Like 2

I have high hopes for this next season,though i cant lie for me this past season was disappointing...Far to rushed from start to finish with not much meaning as filler in the middle.

The episode that led to the break with pepper was the only truely memorable episode i can and will remember...

Edit to add

I still was hoping some of rashores ideas were going to be what was to come.

Either way just hoping for a well done next season!

Interesting, I really liked season 4. I think what I liked was how the actors captured their characters so well, or at least I thought they did. It seems that the plot was not engaging enough for you.

• Like 2

Interesting, I really liked season 4. I think what I liked was how the actors captured their characters so well, or at least I thought they did. It seems that the plot was not engaging enough for you.

My first statement was abit harsh,i actually enjoyed the plot and as you said the actors did a good job with the characters i just think there was alot of story left to tell...

The return from the mid season break felt like the writers with only 3 or 4 episodes left crammed everything together,i think the show deserved about 4 or 5 more episodes to really tell a good story.

• Like 3

I really liked season 4 because the humans were the monsters, and the freaks were human. But I have to agree with CKing that it felt rushed, particularly after midseason break. It was pretty well formed, but felt a bit sloppy and jump around with everyones story line in general. As much as I liked it, it almost felt a bit fillerish, or just a season to build up to another season in a way.

I do have to wonder if in season 5 we will see any "touchback" like we did in season 4 with Pepper in the Asylum that is arguably a touchback to season 2. I guess that would really depend on what decade season 5 gets set in. It could be the freaks of season 4 have children that are in the Hotel of season 5 if the time frame is placed right. After all, there were multiple children in the last episode of season 4 amongst two couples.

On another hand... if it goes touchback, perhaps it might get a witchy flavor due to season 3.

I'm still pretty darn sure that there will not be a 50's-ish era season for 5. There hasn't been back to back eras yet. But we do have the big "arcane" clue of top hat.

So, what's top hat+hotel? There's the Holmes theory of course. Serial killers in the 70's rock era of stars trashing hotels maybe. Perhaps a Las Vegas heyday sort of scenario? Or maybe something New York/Broadway or Hollywood action?

• Like 3

My first statement was abit harsh,i actually enjoyed the plot and as you said the actors did a good job with the characters i just think there was alot of story left to tell...

The return from the mid season break felt like the writers with only 3 or 4 episodes left crammed everything together,i think the show deserved about 4 or 5 more episodes to really tell a good story.

That makes sense, and is a great point. They did wrap it up rather quickly after they break, now that you mention it.

I am such a slow minded I thought for some reason that GAGA was going to be named Hotel, many of you probably already know about their facebook page anyway here is the link...Rest in peace Ben Woolf.

https://www.facebook.com/americanhorrorstory?ref=br_tf

• Like 1

I was surprised by the hotel angle. "The Shining" came to mind when I first read about it, so the writers likely put more ghosts and hauntings into the mix. Maybe they wrote their version of Norman Bates into the script too. If so, they pretty much returned to their Season 1 roots.

• Like 1

I was surprised by the hotel angle. "The Shining" came to mind when I first read about it, so the writers likely put more ghosts and hauntings into the mix. Maybe they wrote their version of Norman Bates into the script too. If so, they pretty much returned to their Season 1 roots.

I thought almost the same thing "The Shining","1408",and "Psycho" all came to mind the moment i read about it.

• Like 1

I started to watch this show on Netflix and found great disinterest in it. I couldn't even get thru an episode. So glad I turned the cable TV off, if this show is any example of what is being presented these days.

• 2 weeks later...

Jessica Lange Confirms American Horror Story Exit as Matt Bomer Joins Hotel Cast

This is not the first time we've heard that Freak Show would be Jessica Lange's last season of American Horror Story, but it's finally been confirmed by the star herself.

"We've had a great run here," Lange, 65, told the crowd inside the Dolby Theatre in Hollywood on Sunday for PaleyFest. "I have absolutely loved doing these four characters that I've had the opportunity to play ... Forty years of acting and it's never going to get better than this. Yes, I'm done. I loved this season. It was my absolute favorite."

However, the panel wasn't all bad news – Matt Bomer and his doppelgänger, Cheyenne Jackson, made surprise appearances to announce that they have checked in to the series' latest installment, Hotel.

Read more here: http://www.people.co...ebook_peoplemag

Nooooooo! And Yesssssssssss!

I don't know how I will feel with Jessica gone. I love her so much. But hey, Matt Bomer will be a wonderful addition to the cast. We will see where season 5 takes us. I can't believe Jessica confirmed her departure - so sad :no:

Edited by She-ra

I started to watch this show on Netflix and found great disinterest in it. I couldn't even get thru an episode. So glad I turned the cable TV off, if this show is any example of what is being presented these days.

Truthfully, season one and season three were incredibly difficult to get through. Season two and four were fantastic. Perhaps it's the particular theme that doesn't appeal to you.

• Like 1

Truthfully, season one and season three were incredibly difficult to get through. Season two and four were fantastic. Perhaps it's the particular theme that doesn't appeal to you.

I just don't volunteer to be afraid or negatively stirred up. And I WILL NOT pay for it. But I have no problem if you like that kind of thing.

Edited by regeneratia

I hope that it's not about just ghosts. Maybe they could show a series of creatures and stories that just happen to take place in and around the same hotel. Think of "The Love Boat". One guest sees ghosts in his room while a second one stays inside when there's a full moon while the guy down the hall only goes out at night, and the guy in the room above him has a Norman Bates vibe.

• 3 weeks later...

I don't think it will be just about ghost, if nothing else because it was the theme of the first season. I'm more concerned about Ryan Murphy honestly.

And the fact Jessica won't be in it, is already a low point, no matter how many lady gaga they bring in it.

Anyway I'm gonna watch it :sm

• Like 1

I really dug seasons 1 and 2, 3 seemed like they wanted to do an X-men tv series and called them witches instead of mutants, and 4 I was just too busy to watch.

5 has me interested again with Bates coming back and Matt Bomer. Plus, Gaga has always had some spooky horror elements to her presentation, so I'm willing to look forward to the possibilities of a hotel

• Like 1

I'm currently watching Season 2, the asylum, it has some effed up scenes. Season 1 was average imo.

• 5 months later...

New season starts tonight!!!

Just figured i would remind everyone :tu:

• Like 1

Already looking like this is going to be one twisted season!...

• Like 1

I guess no one else is watching this season... :whistle:

I guess no one else is watching this season... :whistle:

Hi, Crimson King. I'm watching. The acting and writing are as good as ever, but some of the scenes are too bloody and gory for me. I need a plot with the shocks. I'm sure that the story will make more sense during the next shows. It would be nice to learn how this season connects with the past seasons. It's hard to imagine how they could tie all of them together, though. We'll see.

• Like 1

I agree CP,that first episode was shockingly graphic!

Though as soon as i heard gaga was going to be starring in it i figured the shock factor would be through the roof for this season lol.

I'm interested to see how they tie it altogether aswell :tu:

BTW

Welcome to UM!

• Like 2