Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

American Horror Story season 5

rashore

I agree CP,that first episode was shockingly graphic!

Though as soon as i heard gaga was going to be starring in it i figured the shock factor would be through the roof for this season lol.

I'm interested to see how they tie it altogether aswell :tu:

BTW

Welcome to UM!

Thanks, CK. It's a good forum.

I may or may not continue to watch the show. I might stop if they show another scene like the horrible rape scene. That is completely unnecessary. I appreciate some of the over-the-top segments for what they are within the context of the plot. I don't care for gratuitous sex or gratuitous violence, though. The series doesn't have to rely on them for ratings.

• Like 1

I agree Panther,atleast this weeks episode got into story telling...

Was kind of odd to have that first episode full of everything but a plot,though i must admit the storyline is abit hard to follow because as soon as the focus is on one part it shifts somewhere else.

• Like 1

I agree Panther,atleast this weeks episode got into story telling...

Was kind of odd to have that first episode full of everything but a plot,though i must admit the storyline is abit hard to follow because as soon as the focus is on one part it shifts somewhere else.

I missed this week's episode. I tried to avoid any and all spoilers. Your post made me anxious for Sunday night's rerun. It sounded like they put some flesh on the bones.

I still don't know how they'll tie up all of the seasons into one huge story. They linked "Asylum" and "Freak Show" together. That leaves the other seasons. I don't yet see the obvious connections.

• Like 1

I'm watching. They've definitely ramped it up so far this season. The first episode was cringeworthy for sure but I liked it. Episode 2 was very good and the story was pretty insane. A couple scenes have me saying 'oh god no!' out loud. Evan Peters character and acting was something else. I'll hand it to him. Freakshow was ok but a let down in the long run. I think the ending sucked.

• Like 2

I'm watching. They've definitely ramped it up so far this season. The first episode was cringeworthy for sure but I liked it. Episode 2 was very good and the story was pretty insane. A couple scenes have me saying 'oh god no!' out loud. Evan Peters character and acting was something else. I'll hand it to him. Freakshow was ok but a let down in the long run. I think the ending sucked.

No doubt about that Evan is rocking that role!

The cast as a whole is really good,between this and Walking Dead i am finally getting more use out of my tv than MMA,boxing,and football lol

I agree freakshow left alot to be desired,was far to rushed at the end...

• Like 2

No doubt about that Evan is rocking that role!

The cast as a whole is really good,between this and Walking Dead i am finally getting more use out of my tv than MMA,boxing,and football lol

I agree freakshow left alot to be desired,was far to rushed at the end...

I finally saw the new episode. It answered a couple questions. We learned who built and designed the hotel. He evidently was based on H.H. Holmes to a certain extent. We learned that the policeman's son liked his existence as a vampire with no fangs. He and his friends likely were somewhat modeled after the ghosts in "The Shining". The hotel, itself, drew some inspiration from the events at the Cecil Hotel. Even the mass murder of the migrant workers likely drew some aspects from a true crime. A serial murderer killed them in real life, so the homicides took place at different times by or on a farm. The Ten Commandments murderer probably was based on at least one individual that actually existed. I also read that the set contained a lot of esoteric symbolism from ancient cultures. For instance, they used ancient American motifs as decorations.

• Like 1

Very well thought out post panther :tu:

Kinda added more detail to the story than i even thought about!

• Like 1

Very well thought out post panther :tu:

Kinda added more detail to the story than i even thought about!

Just remember that they take liberties with actual history. I hope that the new movie, about H.H. Holmes, is more true to life.

• Like 1

Just remember that they take liberties with actual history. I hope that the new movie, about H.H. Holmes, is more true to life.

Oh yeah hollywood always adds their over exagerated take on things,i didnt even know they were making a new movie...Thanks for the heads up :tu:

• Like 1

Oh yeah hollywood always adds their over exagerated take on things,i didnt even know they were making a new movie...Thanks for the heads up :tu:

It's a crazy story! Holmes might be the most prolific serial murderer in our history. His great-great grandson claims, in his book, that Herman Mudgett (Holmes' real name) and Jack the Ripper are one and the same. I don't know why more people don't know about Holmes.

• Like 1

It's a crazy story! Holmes might be the most prolific serial murderer in our history. His great-great grandson claims, in his book, that Herman Mudgett (Holmes' real name) and Jack the Ripper are one and the same. I don't know why more people don't know about Holmes.

That's actually very interesting!Never heard the claims he may have been Jack the Ripper!

Though as you said not much is ever said about Holmes,i used to watch alot of History Channel before it turned into reality hell and i read a lot of books but not much mention of the guy throughout history...Just the usual suspects.

I'm going to have to do more research on this one!

• Like 1

That's actually very interesting!Never heard the claims he may have been Jack the Ripper!

Though as you said not much is ever said about Holmes,i used to watch alot of History Channel before it turned into reality hell and i read a lot of books but not much mention of the guy throughout history...Just the usual suspects.

I'm going to have to do more research on this one!

Supposedly, travel records show that Holmes was in England during the time of the Ripper murders. Add him to the list of a hundred suspects.

You are *so* right about cable channels! Remember when THC and TLC were THC and TLC? MTV set the trend when it abandoned videos. After 2000, almost all of the cable channels abandoned their reasons for being.

I need to research a few things too. I think that the Ten Commandments Killer might be a combination of two or more real people, and his crimes bring "Seven" to mind.

• Like 1

This weeks episode was more of a story telling episode than the first two,which i don't mind but i'm going to have to rewatch it before further comment...I was left a bit confused,may have been that i was going on very little sleep at the time lol

• Like 1

This weeks episode was more of a story telling episode than the first two,which i don't mind but i'm going to have to rewatch it before further comment...I was left a bit confused,may have been that i was going on very little sleep at the time lol

I get that. I'm useless if I don't get enough sleep. The twists and turns of the show can be confusing at times, anyway. You certainly have to pay attention when you watch it, or you'll miss some plot point.

Next week's episode speaks to your excellent point concerning "popular" serial murderers. Some real-life killers will share a meal at a table during one of the segments. Will the famous ones and the obscure ones rub elbows while they feast, or will the dinner party include just the big names? Let's just hope that Jeff Dahmer isn't the cook!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Well i finally got caught up!

I really don't like the way they show the previous weeks episode,there is no set day or time which annoys the hell out of me lol!

I really wish this season would have really focused on the hotel and its original owner storyline instead of having that and then a vampire tale every other week.Dont get me wrong its still good but i'm abit washed out and bored with the whole vampire genre...

• Like 1

Did you see the Halloween episode yet? The meeting of the serial killers and Mr. March? I loved it.

• Like 2

Well i finally got caught up!

I really don't like the way they show the previous weeks episode,there is no set day or time which annoys the hell out of me lol!

I really wish this season would have really focused on the hotel and its original owner storyline instead of having that and then a vampire tale every other week.Dont get me wrong its still good but i'm abit washed out and bored with the whole vampire genre...

The creator and producer claim that they aren't "real" vampires. They're just people who have a virus that forces them to consume blood, and they don't age. They also sleep in coffins. If it walks like a duck,....

• Like 1

Did you see the Halloween episode yet? The meeting of the serial killers and Mr. March? I loved it.

Ted Bundy must have been busy that night. Maybe the show's writers thought that his murders were too pedestrian.

• Like 2

Ted Bundy must have been busy that night. Maybe the show's writers thought that his murders were too pedestrian.

I don't know about that man. I read a couple Ted Bundy stories and he did some gruesome shlt.

• Like 1

I don't know about that man. I read a couple Ted Bundy stories and he did some gruesome shlt.

There's no doubt about it. He was a straight man who murdered women, though. Dahmer and Gacy were gay men who killed boys and men. Wuornos was a lesbian prostitute who targeted her johns. Ramirez and Zodiac killed men too. Of course, they also murdered women. That said, Bundy was active in the Republican Party. The progressive producers had a great opportunity to take cheap shots at the GOP. ;)

• Like 1

I think they chose the killers they did because... Ramirez stayed at the Hotel Cortez, and that hotel is supposed to be at least in part to be inspiration behind this season. There is a connection back to season one because Elizabeth Short was purported to have been at the Cortez, and she showed up in season one- so she might show up again at the hotel this season.

The rest of the killers are just more recognizable. You kind of have to know about Ted Bundy for someone to play that role and be recognized. Dahmer is pretty easy to represent through actions since his face isn't all that rememberable. Gacy is easy to remember because of the clown thing, and Wuornos is pretty recognizable between her face and deeds.

And of course, Zodiac was there (and I thought fairly cheesy by comparison to what could have been done otherwise), and Manson got an honorable mention though still too alive to join in.

Which brings us around to the notion of why the cop was there. There is a theory floating around that he might be the ten commandments killer and not realize it yet, which could get him pass into the party... but then he was also the only living person at the party which might seem sort of odd.

• Like 2

We still haven't learned who Drilldo is yet.

I hoped that I imagined that horrible scene. It looked like a Preparation H commercial from Hell.

• Like 2