Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

American Horror Story season 5

rashore

My main problem with this series is how many sub plots they throw in the mix,makes me worry that they will have to rush everything together and we will wind up with another Freakshow type rush to finish...

The JPM storyline has been one of the most interesting yet,very good acting and storytelling!

• Like 2

My main problem with this series is how many sub plots they throw in the mix,makes me worry that they will have to rush everything together and we will wind up with another Freakshow type rush to finish...

The JPM storyline has been one of the most interesting yet,very good acting and storytelling!

I know what you mean. They're spinning too many plates at once.

• Like 1

I know what you mean. They're spinning too many plates at once.

Yep thats where it went off the rails last year,i can appreciate the effort of a complex story but some effort has to be put into staying focused!I almost feel the need to see the two previous episodes again before the new one comes on lol

• Like 1

We still haven't learned who Drilldo is yet.

It's an addiction demon. As to why it's there- there could be many reasons. It was attracted, summoned, created there... Maybe it rode in on Sallys shoulder and got stuck there because it was attached to her when she died- that might help explain her connection to it. No one else seems to acknowledge it like she does.

• Like 3

Yep thats where it went off the rails last year,i can appreciate the effort of a complex story but some effort has to be put into staying focused!I almost feel the need to see the two previous episodes again before the new one comes on lol

That's one of the advantages of binge watching. You can "re-watch" the missing pieces of your mental puzzle.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Ok now they are starting tie things together nicely!

This may just wind up as the best season yet when all is said and done :yes:

• Like 1

It was much better last night (the Rudolph Valentino story). I thought that it was the best show of the season. It definitely was more my speed because it relied more on a good story than on needless blood and gore. I wasn't a fan of the dual roles, though.

• Like 1

It was much better last night (the Rudolph Valentino story). I thought that it was the best show of the season. It definitely was more my speed because it relied more on a good story than on needless blood and gore. I wasn't a fan of the dual roles, though.

You were not the only one ,with all the sub plots and actors to keep up with in this show doing dual roles confuses the brain at first lol.I am glad they started to tie the episodes together though,the GaGa storyline was really starting to wear thin but now seems to have new life!

Almost like a vampire thats not really a vampire... :o:lol:

Edited by CrimsonKing
  • Like 1

You were not the only one ,with all the sub plots and actors to keep up with in this show doing dual roles confuses the brain at first lol.I am glad they started to tie the episodes together though,the GaGa storyline was really starting to wear thin but now seems to have new life!

Almost like a vampire thats not really a vampire... :o:lol:

The creator swore that he would *not* have vampires in his show. The blood-drinking disorder is his way out of his vow.

• Like 1

I thought the dual roles made perfect sense. It seems that's a typical reason for a vampire to create another vampire. They remind them of someone they lost.

The creator swore that he would *not* have vampires in his show. The blood-drinking disorder is his way out of his vow.

It's not a real way out. Maybe if the "side-effect" of the virus wasn't immortality...but it is.

• Like 2

Its starting to pick up and become interesting, but best season yet? No way. Season 2 was some of the best TV Ive ever seen. Just my opinion.

Its starting to pick up and become interesting, but best season yet? No way. Season 2 was some of the best TV Ive ever seen. Just my opinion.

Season two was good but this one isnt even at the halfway point yet,just really started to get interesting as you said...

I may have jumped a bit on that statement of being the best,mainly i guess because the sad showing that was Freakshow was still fresh in my mind lol

• Like 3

I thought the dual roles made perfect sense. It seems that's a typical reason for a vampire to create another vampire. They remind them of someone they lost.

I agree with that, but the quasi-doppelganger thing is a bridge too far. It takes something away from the flow of the show when they cast the same actor in two roles, unless they're twins, clones, doppelgangers, etc.

• Like 1

It's not a real way out. Maybe if the "side-effect" of the virus wasn't immortality...but it is.

It's a way for him to have his vampire cake and drink it too. I guess that Dracula just has a medical disorder too.

• Like 1

I'm surprised that a preacher watches this show. Maybe I'm reading too much into your user name.

• Like 1

Season two was good but this one isnt even at the halfway point yet,just really started to get interesting as you said...

I may have jumped a bit on that statement of being the best,mainly i guess because the sad showing that was Freakshow was still fresh in my mind lol

Could you please PM the gist of the last show from that season when you get a chance? I have yet to see it.

• Like 1

Could you please PM the gist of the last show from that season when you get a chance? I have yet to see it.

Sure thing :tu:

Give you a run down on it tomorrow,it really wasnt bad but you could really tell they needed about three more episodes to finish with a bang...

• Like 1

Sure thing :tu:

Give you a run down on it tomorrow,it really wasnt bad but you could really tell they needed about three more episodes to finish with a bang...

Thanks, brother! I was on the phone during most of that show. I caught bits and pieces here and there. It seemed pretty lame.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm surprised that a preacher watches this show. Maybe I'm reading too much into your user name.

Ever since I was little, I was always drawn to horror movies and shows. Even the paranormal in general. I know I probably shouldn't support it by watching, but I just cant help it. To me, so long as a person can separate reality with fantasy, I don't see why it should be a problem. The only type of horror I cant stand to watch is the slaughter movies that could really happen. In some cases Have happened.

• Like 1

Ever since I was little, I was always drawn to horror movies and shows. Even the paranormal in general. I know I probably shouldn't support it by watching, but I just cant help it. To me, so long as a person can separate reality with fantasy, I don't see why it should be a problem. The only type of horror I cant stand to watch is the slaughter movies that could really happen. In some cases Have happened.

I get that. I'm into the occult and the paranormal, but I don't participate in occult activities because they don't fit into my belief system. I research the subject only to obtain valid information about it. I don't use sources that provide inaccurate information about the subject. I don't judge or stereotype people who don't share my beliefs on the topic. I just choose to shun the practice of any aspect of the occult (hidden) arts because they often conflict with my views on God's expectations of us. However, I have an interest in the *accurate* history of esoterica. There's a lot of inaccurate nonsense out there, especially from some preachers who claim to be former members of occult groups.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Just saw this weeks episode. HA never saw that coming. Bravo

It might not be what you think. We'll find out in 2016.

I haven't looked at the schedule, are they taking this week off?

Yeah you could be right. Though it would make sense if it was exactly what it appeared to be.

I haven't looked at the schedule, are they taking this week off?

Yeah you could be right. Though it would make sense if it was exactly what it appeared to be.

Returning on the 6th.

• Like 1