Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

American Horror Story season 5

rashore

I've enjoyed this season immensely... I thought it wouldn't be as great without Lange in it, but Gaga has been great.

This last episode was just marvelous...

• Like 3

I've enjoyed this season immensely... I thought it wouldn't be as great without Lange in it, but Gaga has been great.

This last episode was just marvelous...

I agree though I was happy to see Lange go. She was the protagonist for too long and things were always too centric around her.

• Like 1

I agree though I was happy to see Lange go. She was the protagonist for too long and things were always too centric around her.

There really wasn't a role for her this season. Well, she could have played Bates' role, but she wouldn't have been as right for the role. She couldn't really play the countess or the ghost. She was great on past seasons, though.

• Like 2

There really wasn't a role for her this season. Well, she could have played Bates' role, but she wouldn't have been as right for the role. She couldn't really play the countess or the ghost. She was great on past seasons, though.

I agree except for Freakshow.

• Like 1

I agree except for Freakshow.

That was my least favorite. I hated how they sang semi-modern songs in an era before they were even written.

• Like 2

That was my least favorite. I hated how they sang semi-modern songs in an era before they were even written.

I enjoyed a lot of the season as convoluted as it was but yea the artsy song numbers and theatrics were lame. I really felt like that had a lot to do with Lange wanting to show off her "talents" which I think is a problem some shows face with seasoned and demanding actors on occasion. Just a hunch. I feel like that was a reason Gemma lived so long in Sons of Anarchy and and got to sing lame montage songs. Well, that and she is the writers wife lol.

• Like 1

I enjoyed a lot of the season as convoluted as it was but yea the artsy song numbers and theatrics were lame. I really felt like that had a lot to do with Lange wanting to show off her "talents" which I think is a problem some shows face with seasoned and demanding actors on occasion. Just a hunch. I feel like that was a reason Gemma lived so long in Sons of Anarchy and and got to sing lame montage songs. Well, that and she is the writers wife lol.

That reminds me of Beth on "The Walking Dead". She sings in several episodes. Evidently, she's a singer and writer in real life. It's a shame that she's no longer on the show (spoiler alert :D ).

• Like 1

That reminds me of Beth on "The Walking Dead". She sings in several episodes. Evidently, she's a singer and writer in real life. It's a shame that she's no longer on the show (spoiler alert :D ).

It's only a spoiler if the news is less than a week old!

• Like 1

It's only a spoiler if the news is less than a week old!

I know that it's not a spoiler. Hence the emoji with the big grin. I err on the side of caution when it comes to spoilers. Some fans become unglued and unhinged when you even mention a plot twist during an older season.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Was knida disappointed with the end, but over all not a bad season. Better then last year.

• Like 2

I loved this season..my favorites still remain asylum and coven.

I missed Lange alot in this season, she seemed to bring a structure to the whole somehow.

• Like 2

I liked the way Hotel closed out. It was a little sweet, but not as hastily wrapped up sweet that Freak Show left me feeling. I actually shed a tear or two when Tristans ghost showed up, I'm a softie like that, lol.

All in all I thought the whole cast did a stellar job. I rather liked it that Lang was not there because she always sucks the whole show up- and it was good to see the cast get a chance to shine on their own. I kind of hope if she does come back they put her firmly in the back seat. I thought Gaga very much deserved the Golden Globe she got, her acting chops were great. Don't know if I want to see her in another season or not, but this time around was great.

Now we get to speculate on what it's going to be next season :tu: I'm thinking cabin in the woods is out, since Scream Queens is using it next season and I don't see the writers doubling down on the theme. They seem to be resisting the aliens angle too, but I'm not too sure how long they will hold out on that.

• Like 1

The last episode was (IMO) the best season ender they had. most characters where actually happy!

I cried happy and sad tears for Liz.

I love her.

Nibs

american-horror-story-5.jpg?w=570&h=272&l=50&t=40

LOL, now I know I hated the ending. A show named American Horror story shouldn't give the feeling of singing happy camp fire songs, like expressed here. B)

LOL, now I know I hated the ending. A show named American Horror story shouldn't give the feeling of singing happy camp fire songs, like expressed here. B)

It seemed happy but it's just that the current Cortez crew found themselves but the horror for humans patrons will continue. At least after the year 2026 it will!

• 7 months later...

Anyone else ready for season 6?

Starts this Wednesday if i remember correctly!

23 hours ago, CrimsonKing said:

Anyone else ready for season 6?

Starts this Wednesday if i remember correctly!

I'll start a topic about that, thanks for the reminder :)