Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Human head transplant will soon be ready

Still Waters

Didn't the Soviets conduct head transplantations on dogs?

So did the Americans with a chimp. However the nerves were never reattached but a living heart pumping blood kept the brain alive. Its creepy because nano medicine now or a few years away could possibly repair the nerve endings. Whats even more scary is if they take your brain and keep it alive out side the body using a blood pump what would the brain think....

When your plastic surgeon just can't help.

Even if the spinal cord joins back together, that is like two copper cables of a hundred wires together, the routing of what controls what could very well be screwed up so the person might never even start breathing, or their heart beating, again.

I don't think this is ever going to really work other then perhaps putting someone into incredible pain for years and being able to barely move.

Bull Hockey.

I saw McCoy do this with Spock and that was way back in the sixties.

Harte

*While everyone debates the ethics of the procedure, Leo quietly invests in the choker fashion industry in expectation of a surge in demand in a few years time.*

• Like 2

It sounds a bit far fetched as in transplanting a human head...but since medical science has come this far ie: transplanting human organs and other smaller body parts, then I suppose anything is possible.

I wonder who the first person (guinea pig) would be?

And what of the costing?

Huge implications for some disorders, come at a cost.

Paraplegics with qualifying injuries (i.e., enough spinal cord left intact to allow for a head transplant) could in theory regain the full use of a (donor) body. Likewise, patients with muscular dystrophy could be given whole new lives. Aside from the enormous technical challenges a head transplant would present, another potential barrier is cost. Canavero estimates that the total cost of a head transplant would be at least €10 million euros ($A14.45 million.)

A year in rehab. I have been in rehab, I'll pass, just let me die, thanks.

why wouldn't be ethical? if someone donates hes body and someone else really needs it , i don't see where is the harm in it. it is exactly the same as having organ transplantation except it would be all of it.

• Like 1

Hmmm...like putting old wine in new bottles?

Kind of, I just don't know if the benefits of having a body transplant outweigh the negative side. It could be that way, or what if you did this and then developed alzheimer's, you'd get to ride that horse for a very long time.

I'd want to know if those finger prints had been left at several crime scenes :w00t:

jmccr8

That of the new bodies DNA........think about that one. is your blood still yours or is it now all new and how will that effect the head area you kept with a different DNA? Boyaaah, **** just got deep.

• Like 1

I want it done for curiosities sake. What about frozen heads? Those people thought a head. Lol

• Like 1

Wow, amazing...what people these days have to do to get ahead in life..

Hahaha get "a head" in life lol

I have no clue if you where making this pun but I liked it

• Like 1

What if the body itself still had its own memories...could be interesting if you want to go to the pub in a non alckies body and find your self jogging along the sea shore or something....

I don't understand, they did this with a monkey back in the

70's why is this new now >?

Someone reporting was too fricking young and stupid to remember it or know about it and thought it was news.

What if the body itself still had its own memories...could be interesting if you want to go to the pub in a non alckies body and find your self jogging along the sea shore or something....

I Will Fear No Evil

Harte

• Like 1

Bull Hockey.

I saw McCoy do this with Spock and that was way back in the sixties.

Harte

But Spock's half vulcan. Plus they did have that starship full of high end stuff.

I think they should be working on the technology so that we have those Futurama talking heads. Those guys seem to do alright.

• Like 1

I don't know about Italy...but...if he did this...transplant...and the transplantee died on the operating table...wouldn't he be liable for murder...or at least negligent homicide? Or at the very least...a civil law suit?

• Like 1

He signed a waiver... a waiver? I cant make heads or tails of this thing... look right there his signature right after the part of being of sound mind and body...

I can't make heads or heads of it.

Harte

I wonder, if an older person's head was transplanted onto a younger body would it increase their life span beyond what would be expected of their age before the transplant?

I wonder, if an older person's head was transplanted onto a younger body would it increase their life span beyond what would be expected of their age before the transplant?

Yes, but they would end up with a seriously ugly wrinkled old neck.