Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

How big can humans get ?

UM-Bot

Fat cats are kinda cute though..

fat_dancing_cat.gif

Edited by DefenceMinisterMishkin

... I'm prejudiced against fat people.

I gathered as much.

I would suggest that these "FAT people" are still human beings who do not deserve such destain. Most obese people know quite well that they need to lose weight and de-humanizing them and setting low standards for everyone's weight isn't at all helpful.

Also, I know my son is fat (he needs to lose about 40 pounds). However, I still love him and would love him even if he needed to lose 140 pounds.

Edited by Lilly
addition
  • Like 2

I gathered as much.

I would suggest that these "FAT people" are still human beings who do not deserve such destain. Most obese people know quite well that they need to lose weight and de-humanizing them and setting low standards for everyone's weight isn't at all helpful.

look up feeder/feedee fetish, body positivity/body acceptance movement, "health at any weight" etc and you might change your mind.if you're fat and you honestly want to lose the fat and you come to me? and you don't come eating a family size pizza while complaining losing weight is hard but actually have a serious attitude? I'll go MILES OUT OF MY WAY to help you. I've done it to several people.personally I still find obesity revolting, but I don't treat people making a REAL effort with disdain if they ask for my help. I'll help them.

BTW, fat pets may be cute but they, too, suffer health problems from being overweight.

I know, it's pretty sad..but still..

CUTE! :D

look up feeder/feedee fetish, body positivity/body acceptance movement, "health at any weight" etc and you might change your mind.if you're fat and you honestly want to lose the fat and you come to me? and you don't come eating a family size pizza while complaining losing weight is hard but actually have a serious attitude? I'll go MILES OUT OF MY WAY to help you. I've done it to several people.personally I still find obesity revolting, but I don't treat people making a REAL effort with disdain if they ask for my help. I'll help them.

LOL! I'm 5' 8.5" tall and weigh about 140 or so. I'm also a weight lifter and avid walker (several miles a day) and am 60 years old. My doctor is so impressed by my health that he holds me as an example of what older people should be doing in order age well. I most certainly do not need "your help". I have little desire to become Hollywood skinny at my age.

BTW, my son is an adult and does not live with me (he put on the weight when he stopped eating the type of food I eat).

And just to add...I find your comments about me personally insulting as you have no idea regarding my diet or lifestyle.

Edited by Lilly
addition

LOL! I'm 5' 8.5" tall and weigh about 140 or so. I'm also a weight lifter and avid walker (several miles a day) and am 60 years old. My doctor is so impressed by my health that he holds me as an example of what older people should be doing in order age well. I most certainly do not need "your help". I have little desire to become Hollywood skinny at my age.

BTW, my son is an adult and does not live with me (he put on the weight when he stopped eating the type of food I eat).

I never assumed you were overweight or needed my help. In English we have this thing called impersonal/general you which is when people say "you" without actually referring to you personally.

And just to add...I find your comments about me personally insulting as you have no idea regarding my diet or lifestyle.

I don't, which is why I made none :) (I already made that mistake once regarding your son) I also think given what you told me that's a perfectly good weight for you! see, we all make assumptions. no harm done :)PS I don't know if it means anything, but I'm impressed too.

Edited by mayidieoneday

Well, I think the human body can get pretty damn big when abused with food! I remember that show half tonne man or something..in fact I think he dies a couple of weeks ago.

I'm curious, as a person who is definitely overweight (I've never been "thin", but some relatively recent events have left me in a place where I am nowhere near where I think a healthy person should be)..... where do I place in this thin-utopia I seem to be reading about......

never mind, you two have your fun!

Edited by mayidieoneday

I'm curious, as a person who is definitely overweight (I've never been "thin", but some relatively recent events have left me in a place where I am nowhere near where I think a healthy person should be)..... where do I place in this thin-utopia I seem to be reading about......

You can't get into the "thin utopia" club. 'They' will bar the door and shout insults at you from the other side.

But don't be upset PA, you can join my club! In my club we'll just take a few more walks and eat a few more fruits and veggies, lift a few weights (light ones are all that's needed). We'll run around and play with my puppy and dance to some loud old rock and roll music....it will be fun! Oh, you may never be rail thin but you will eventually be slimmer (and quite healthy as well). My Dad used to say that extremes were bad, I think he was onto something there.

• Like 2

huh? please, less sarcasm.and more clarity... I don't think I understood the question...

I'm overweight. I've never been "thin", not even in my childhood. But several yeas ago I went through a bout of depression that led me to drinking lots of alcohol, and while I have moved on from that experience, I still retain a lot of the weight I gained from that experience. Where do I, as an overweight human being, sit in your nice little world about the nature of humans. You've already said that you have an issue with overweight people (literally calling us "not human")..... so where do us people who have gone through a phase of depression (a well-known and accepted emotional disorder) that led us to obesity fit into your little world of fantastic thin and happy human beings fit in?
  • Like 1

Oh PA, you don't fit into "that world" and you never will (even if you get down to a perfect weight). Like I said, come over to my club...we can even eat a cookie every now and again and still be alright.

• Like 2

How big can humans get ?

2.jpg

Click here to watch video - 03:50s

A look at the maximum height that our descendants are likely to reach in the future.

There's a relationship between height and lifespan. Do we all want to die young just to be a foot taller? I don't think so.

For the average height to increase doesn't it require food prices to come down at a time the global population is booming?

[recanted. everything .]

Edited by mayidieoneday

Unfortunately some people are just genetically taller (not something one can control). That said, my Grandmother was 5' 9" and lived to be 95 years old. My mother was quite petite at 5' 3" and died much earlier due to Alzheimers (also a genetic component). Hey, you simply have to play the hand you're dealt.

HAHAHA! I might be thinner than the average Somali woman (I actually looked up average weight statistics, apparently my weight is below... the average weight of almost every country, including for 15-year-olds for most countries... haha haha...) but I'm most certainly not happy with my life. depression? yeah... if you really want to know about my issues, they're all on this site. :) not hard to find! you might call me mean, but going by the latest find of a 2.8 million year old human jawbone, for how many millions of years do you think even 0.1% of the population was overweight? thousands? hundreds? ...decades? if you're not going to apologise for your depression, I'm.not going to apologise for the manifestation of my slight (or not so slight) issues. thanks! PS good luck with getting rid of the weight. I mean it. on a positive note, when you're overweight it initially just melts off! don't make the mistake of eating too little, it might mess up your metabolism. (water fasting, if done right, would actually work but if you're on any meds it's a bad idea.) since you probably hate me, ask Lilly how and what to eat to lose weight optimally. she seems like someone who can advise.you! PS don't do.just any kind of exercise, you'll hurt your back/knees. ask Lilly!

Thanks for your suggestions. As someone who obviously has absolutely ZERO experience with depression I will take such suggestion with the grain of salt I think it was intended with, and try and work my life out on my own. If I wasn't a moderator I'd say something much harsher, but since I am a representative of this site, I will pull back and simply say that you have no idea what depression is. I'm working on my life, and hopefully I will succeed, but until then you have no right to Judge me based on who I am or what I do.

Thank you,

~ Paranoid Android

• Like 2

---

Edited by mayidieoneday

HAHAHAHAHA please kill me now. please. I can't. no. just. no. I know.you can't do anything when... no... no no no this isn't... never mind AAAAAAAAAAAAA. I can't say what I think. sorry. I'll never talk yo.you again. sorry I bothered you. bye.

Share your opinion as often as you like, and as long as it is INFORMED, I'll listen. So far you haven't displayed any evidnece of such informed judgement, so...... *your move*

nope!

Edited by mayidieoneday

I don't think one can blame being overweight on any mental illness. I've had Cancer twice, acute pancreatitis three times, come through many addictions and I'm now diabetic and insulin dependent! All of this took a toll on my mental state, but never during any of this have I ever gained excessive weight.

The simple fact is, some people just eat to much and don't do enough. It's fine to eat lots of food, IF you are then prepared to work those calories off.

If you see yourself getting a bit tubby around the mid section, it's a sign! Do something about it.

There really is no excuse for being overweight in this day and age, hell there are even complete fitness courses available on YouTube for FREE!

Edited by DefenceMinisterMishkin

no, obviously if I come off as someone who has no idea what depression is (despite the months as IP for suicidal depression) then nothing I say can be informed. I've finally lost it. all of it. I can't even. yeah. I was just trying to say something positive, not assuming you can just get up and.do it. but I can't even express myself coherently anymore apparently so XXXX it! thanks, sorry, bye.

If you knew what I was talking about you wouldn't be complaining about overweight folks..... so with respect, I really think you don't know the full results of depression. If you did, you wouldn't be arguing right now.... Edited by Paranoid Android
  • Like 1

Whatever happened to all those giant skeletons, skulls and bones found worldwide? Not all were hoaxes considering the numerous newspaper articles written way back when...