Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Researchers develop zombie escape plan

UM-Bot

A team from Cornell University has recommended running for the hills in the event of a zombie apocalypse.

The threat of a deadly zombie virus is a concept that has been featured in countless books and movies over the last few decades, but in the unlikely event that such a thing were to ever happen in the real world what would be the best way to ensure your survival ?

Read More: http://www.unexplain...bie-escape-plan

• Like 1

Hang about....

So what this mob is saying is basically what was recommended in Max Brooks' work, The Zombie Survival Guide?

Wow. Wonder how much time was spent in actually doing any flaming work...

• Like 2

When is this zombi silliness going to end? I thought this ran its course. It's got to be the lamest and nerdiest thing since everyone liked vampires. There's a bigger chance of a UFO attack piloted by Bigfoot than anything related to zombies.

• Like 1

I'm going to embrace the zombie horde! I have a potato so I feel pretty safe..

Apparently, people at Cornell have lots of free time on their hands now that all of the mysteries of the universe have been solved.

• Like 1

Actually, this is kind of their job.

Statistical mechanics are used in everything from video games to predicting pandemics, or in this case, combining the two. In the same way that programmers talk to their rubber ducks and physics teachers play with magic ice, it is often entertaining to use modern popular cultural aspects in their field.

• Like 3

So what's the alien robot escape plan? Or the day when all ninjas reveal themselves and take over? Why does everyone worry about escaping from zombies?

I can't believe these people that plan or this complete fantasy.

I suppose the expression, 'a fool and his money are soon parted' pretty much describes the zombie apocalypse planners.

Good thing then I just bought a place in the country.

But, I don't think what they suggested, "Go where there are few people.", qualifies as a Brilliant Plan. Another plan would be to fortify your home, and buy a lot of ammo. Or, buy a house boat. Or, wear a lot of kevlar to prevent bites. I hope they didn't spend a terrible lot of time on this.

Good thing then I just bought a place in the country.

But, I don't think what they suggested, "Go where there are few people.", qualifies as a Brilliant Plan. Another plan would be to fortify your home, and buy a lot of ammo. Or, buy a house boat. Or, wear a lot of kevlar to prevent bites. I hope they didn't spend a terrible lot of time on this.

Or use Britney Spears parfume...

You can look for kevlar. Personally, I'll head over to the sports store and grab some decent lacrosse gear. Just as good against biters, and a lot lighter and easier to run in.

You can look for kevlar. Personally, I'll head over to the sports store and grab some decent lacrosse gear. Just as good against biters, and a lot lighter and easier to run in.

Just don't leave your shins exposed. :tu:

It only takes one tooth mark and you're done.

Edited by DieChecker

Actually, this is kind of their job.

Statistical mechanics are used in everything from video games to predicting pandemics, or in this case, combining the two. It is often entertaining to use modern popular cultural aspects in their field.

I understand that, have no fear. And as you say, this sort of presentation gets the public to at least understand the rational. But, as I said above, this has been used in at least one book, plus several films on the genre. Hells, we've got a bloody "reality" game show using the zombie outbreak on TV right now. So my annoyance is that while yes this is more to do with how the public would react in the likes of a pandemic outbreak, if you are doing research, then try not to make it look like all you've done is plant yourself in front of the telly, or read a book then claim you've done copious amounts of work in coming up with the findings.

Useless. They have no nipples.

I'll buy one for you and sew some nipples onto it.... :tsu: Hopefully the zombies will not try to breast feed and rip the nipples off.

Oh cmon mr. Researcher, develop them zombies first., Anyways, what protection is better then Knights armor - advice - get to museum asap.

I wouldn't make it to the hills,so since I live near the sea I'm thinking just get on a boat, zombies can't swim!

Remember when Universities used grant money to to try to better mankind and to further knowledge?

Seems to me lately they have been wasting tax payers hard earned money on stupidity.

as a taxpayer this p***es me off.

Somewhere in a top secret US bioweopons lab there is probably a selection of two stage viruses engineered to affect only certain elements of the human species. Russians Chinese Arabs south Americans or Negro. They attacks certain parts of the Human body only and if only a certain criteria is met. Namely the bits in our genes that make us look different. I am not being racist. It is a valid and effective way of turning on or off a highly selective weapon of war. One more destructive to human life than a barrage of hydrogen bombs. Why because that weapon replicates inside its target, say in the lungs or intestines, and spreads to others before an RNA based clock changes the way that virus functions. A massive attack on the essential parts of the human brain probably. These are very small in volume and would quickly be overwhelmed. They have mapped its theoretical path, after say China has been rendered extinct, all two billion nearly all innocent people I add, know these viruses could mutate and cause brain damage to say white people, and the result is a highly dangerous vicious carnivorous highly infectious being. All its human making elements have been destroyed and it has become what our ancestors once were. To remove the problem you have to contain it to prevent it from spreading and then destroy it effectively. Containment means understanding the movements of huge masses of panicking people, destruction in a way that stops it from becoming droplets that can spread on surfaces and the wind. In other words MIT is being paid to tell the US military how to kill the US and Canada to save the world without blowing anybody to bits or nuking it and dishing out evening refresher courses to the generals on how to use a portable flamethrower. Or an adapted water fire extinguisher of a design cleared for civilian use. It's either that or they've had a a near miss involving one of their top secret labs and,want to know what could have happened.

America, the country with the highest phenotype diversity in the world, developed a weapon that targets the genetic bits that make use look different?

Yeah, okay.