Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Has Jesus' house been found in Nazareth ?

UM-Bot

Archaeologists have identified the 1st century house in which Jesus was believed to have been brought up.

The house, which was discovered in 1880 by nuns at the Sisters of Nazareth convent, is cut in to a rocky hillside in Nazareth, the city in which Jesus was thought to have been raised by Mary and Joseph.

Read More: http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/news/278697/has-jesus-house-been-found-in-nazareth

Yeh, well...I can't but be remembered of the story of the holy cross fragments... if you take all that are around the world you will be able to compose the Nottingham Forest....

• Like 2

"I can see your house from up here."

• Like 2

Again? Hasnt this been posted before?

• Like 2

Darn that Jesus been writing on the wall again.

They may have found Jesus house...probably not...but they did not find Jesus...his body resides perfectly hidden deep within the secret vaults of th Vatican.

I'd say there isn't any way to prove this was Jesus's house. The collecting and "recognizing" of such sites and items started happening over 200 years after Jesus died. Kind of like finding a rotting log in Illinois and saying it was part of Abraham Lincoln's log house. Possible, but totally impossible to prove.

• Like 2

"I can see your house from up here."

That's a great joke. :)

• Like 1

The things I have difficulty taking on Faith, is holy relics and holy sites. There's been such a thriving market for bogus ones in Palestine for almost two thousand years.

Edited by Hammerclaw
  • Like 1

I'd say there isn't any way to prove this was Jesus's house. The collecting and "recognizing" of such sites and items started happening over 200 years after Jesus died. Kind of like finding a rotting log in Illinois and saying it was part of Abraham Lincoln's log house. Possible, but totally impossible to prove.

That's assuming you accept the idea there WAS a Jesus as described, which despite religious affirmations, has little true hard supporting evidence. So no, nobody has "found Jesus' house".

• Like 2

It's a great way to get funding and draw attention to yourself...hang on...there's the garden of Eden!

• Like 2

They may have found Jesus house...probably not...but they did not find Jesus...his body resides perfectly hidden deep within the secret vaults of th Vatican.

It would be gnarly if the Pope unveiled that Jesus has been in a cryogenic freeze under the Vatican for 2000 years lol when the timer reaches zero he awakens and flies around the world like the SIlver Surfer blessing people and stopping wars...

I'm so ready for that future.

• Like 2

It would be gnarly if the Pope unveiled that Jesus has been in a cryogenic freeze under the Vatican for 2000 years lol when the timer reaches zero he awakens and flies around the world like the SIlver Surfer blessing people and stopping wars...

I'm so ready for that future.

Too many Sci-Fi movies for you m8....Jesus as a Super Hero ? Cape and all ?

Poor archaeology in my view - first prove that the man existed then search for the house he lived in before saying that you have found a house with absolutely no provenance that the man in question could possibly have lived there.

Trite, religiomania... IMO

• Like 1

its true ....they found an inscription etched into a beam and it said Yeshua Wuz 'ere 31/3/12AD

• Like 1

I doubt Jesus still staying there

Jesus is omni-present, omni-potent, and omni-everything. So Jesus is there

oh my... how... fascinating.

• 2 weeks later...

LOL,Well it took them over 200o years to find it in a city that did not exist before the Bible...

Nazareth is not mentioned in pre-Christian texts and appears in many different Greek forms in the New Testament. There is no consensus regarding the origin of the name.[5] One conjecture holds that "Nazareth" is derived from one[6] of the Hebrew words for 'branch', namely ne·ṣer, נֵ֫צֶר, and alludes to the prophetic, messianic words in Book of Isaiah 11:1, 'from (Jesse's) roots a Branch (netzer) will bear fruit.' One view suggests this toponym might be an example of a tribal name used by resettling groups on their return from exile.[7] Alternatively, the name may derive from the verb na·ṣar, נָצַר, "watch, guard, keep,"[8] and understood either in the sense of "watchtower" or "guard place", implying the early town was perched on or near the brow of the hill, or, in the passive sense as 'preserved, protected' in reference to its secluded position.[9] The negative references to Nazareth in the Gospel of John suggest that ancient Jews did not connect the town's name to prophecy.

The form Nazara is also found in the earliest non-scriptural reference to the town, a citation by Sextus Julius Africanus dated about 221 CE[22] (see "Middle Roman to Byzantine Periods" below). The Church Father Origen (c. 185 to 254 AD) knows the forms Nazará and Nazarét.[23] Later, Eusebius in his Onomasticon (translated by St. Jerome) also refers to the settlement as Nazara.[24] The 'nașirutha' of the scriptures of the Mandeans refers to 'priestly craft' not to Nazareth, which they identified with Qom.[25]

The first non-Christian reference to Nazareth is an inscription on a marble fragment from a synagogue found in Caesarea Maritima in 1962.[26] This fragment gives the town's name in Hebrew as "נצרת" (n-ṣ-r-t). The inscription dates to c. AD 300 and chronicles the assignment of priests that took place at some time after the Bar Kokhba revolt, AD 132-35.[27] (See "Middle Roman to Byzantine Periods" below.) An 8th-century AD Hebrew inscription, which was the earliest known Hebrew reference to Nazareth prior to the discovery of the inscription above, uses the same form.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nazareth

Absence of evidence is not Evidence of absence. That is a fallacy. Did the Romans, or the Israelites list out every small town? I don't think so.