Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Netanyahu Speaks to Joint Session

joc

A halt on what nuke activity for 10 years? There is no nuke activity.

But entertaining the false premise for a moment, what is 10 years? Don't do anything we don't want you to do for 10 years but then after that, it's okay? Nonsense.

• Like 5

Bibi is behind in the polls and he is been bad mouthed even by people who should be his natural allies in Israel.

I see the Chicago machine is active. The future of Bibi is in the hands of the Israelis, however, his speech in Congress this morning was non-partisan. I still don’t think that most Israelis are willing to give up their safety and security.

• Like 1

That picture looks unfortunately close to showing a Nazi salute.

Br Cornelius

Thank you for your brilliant commentary on Bibi waving to the members of Congress. If you'd care to actually listen to the speech and give your thoughts on that...

• Like 1

A halt on what nuke activity for 10 years? There is no nuke activity.

But entertaining the false premise for a moment, what is 10 years? Don't do anything we don't want you to do for 10 years but then after that, it's okay? Nonsense.

What are you talking about? Are you still saying that Iran has no Nuclear Program whatsoever? I'd like to take your seriously but its getting harder and harder.

• Like 1

What are you talking about? Are you still saying that Iran has no Nuclear Program whatsoever? I'd like to take your seriously but its getting harder and harder.

I'm talking about the law. Don't play word games with me and change "nuke" to "nuclear" and think you're going to get away with it. Iran signed the Nuclear Non Proliferation Treaty, and they have the right to nuclear power by law.

Let's worry about the countries who didn't sign the NNPT first. Let's worry about the countries who actually have nuclear weapons first.

• Like 2

I'm talking about the law. Don't play word games with me and change "nuke" to "nuclear" and think you're going to get away with it. Iran signed the Nuclear Non Proliferation Treaty, and they have the right to nuclear power by law.

Let's worry about the countries who didn't sign the NNPT first. Let's worry about the countries who actually have nuclear weapons first.

Wow! What a display of logic. By signing the NPT means that Iran can’t develop her nuclear (nuke) BOMB program ever! It hasn’t dawned on you that that is a delaying tactic? And when they are ready, the world will have no will to do a thing about it. ISIS is proof of that. I find it easier to trust a particular nation that hasn’t signed the NPT than a particular nation that has, simply on character. Why is it that many people today cannot discern character?

• Like 3

Can you explain to me, given Iran's blatant terroristic behaviour since the Mullahs took over in 1979 why you think they are only interested in Nuclear Power...why do they have 18,000 centrifuges for uranium enrichment?

• Like 3

Nuclear bomb technology is 70 years old already. It is a genie that is long out of the bottle. Ignore Iran, attack Iran, or negotiate with Iran- but in the end if they really want it they are going to get it.

• Like 3

Nuclear bomb technology is 70 years old already. It is a genie that is long out of the bottle. Ignore Iran, attack Iran, or negotiate with Iran- but in the end if they really want it they are going to get it.

Do you think a Nuclear Iran is a good thing? You are saying that it is inevitable. I don't understand that defeatist attitude.

• Like 2

Nah, it's not particularly a good thing. But it is a "realist" attitude. If David Hahn can do it, then surely a Iran can as well.

• Like 1

Can you explain to me, given Iran's blatant terroristic behaviour since the Mullahs took over in 1979 why you think they are only interested in Nuclear Power...why do they have 18,000 centrifuges for uranium enrichment?

Because they're enriching uranium as is their right by law.

Define "terroristic behavior" again, so we're all on the same page with our definitions.

• Like 1

Because they're enriching uranium as is their right by law.

Define "terroristic behavior" again, so we're all on the same page with our definitions.

To begin with attacking the US Embassy in Tehran in 1979 and holding US hostages for 444 days.

They support Hamas...They support Hezbollah....

for starters.

But you don't need 18000 centrifuges or highly enriched uranium for Nuclear Power Plants...

Edited by joc
  • Like 2

Wow! What a display of logic. By signing the NPT means that Iran can't develop her nuclear (nuke) BOMB program ever! It hasn't dawned on you that that is a delaying tactic? And when they are ready, the world will have no will to do a thing about it. ISIS is proof of that. I find it easier to trust a particular nation that hasn't signed the NPT than a particular nation that has, simply on character. Why is it that many people today cannot discern character?

Except that Iran isn't developing "her" BOMB. Insist on a false premise and you must reach false conclusions.

ISIS is proof of what? Iran and ISIS are at war with each other. You seem to preach much and know little. I'm not sure what's illogical about reading the law and following it.

• Like 4

I asked you nicely to not post your hate in this thread....I will not ask you again!

Really joc. He has the right. Please do not attempt to censor opinion. Debate it.

I havnt watched the vid yet so i am withholding comment until later. This is just too much. I neither agree or disagree, condone or condemn this persons opinion until i can properly debate the subject. Even then i will welcome opposing views.

• Like 1

Really joc. He has the right. Please do not attempt to censor opinion. Debate it.

I havnt watched the vid yet so i am withholding comment until later. This is just too much. I neither agree or disagree, condone or condemn this persons opinion until i can properly debate the subject. Even then i will welcome opposing views.

I really didn't want the thread derailed from the beginning. To just come out and blatantly say that Netanyahu is a terrorist is a little beyond just bad taste. He expressed his opinion. But to come into a thread about a speech that he has neither heard and knows nothing about and say provocative things like that is unneeded, unwanted.

• Like 1

To begin with attacking the US Embassy in Tehran in 1979 and holding US hostages for 444 days.

for starters.

But you don't need 18000 centrifuges or highly enriched uranium for Nuclear Power Plants...

for starters.

Who supports what gang of thugs! I'd hardly start a war over that.

So Reagan did nothing to Iran between 1980 and 1988 to rectify this tiff you have with Iran and you still love him that much? 1979 was blowback from 1953. If we hadn't supplanted Iran's democratically elected leader with a brutal dictator, we wouldn't look like fools citing democracy as the reason for our policies.

• Like 2

Who supports what gang of thugs! I'd hardly start a war over that.

So Reagan did nothing to Iran between 1980 and 1988 to rectify this tiff you have with Iran and you still love him that much? 1979 was blowback from 1953. If we hadn't supplanted Iran's democratically elected leader with a brutal dictator, we wouldn't look like fools citing democracy as the reason for our policies.

Safe to say then that you do not consider Iran a Terrorist Nation.

• Like 1

Netanyahoo is a terrorist. No hate, no racism, just fact.

This remark (yours), on the other hand...

...fairly drips with hate and racially motivated speech.

Netanyahoo will set the entire middle east (and the rest of the world) ablaze in the hope that his crumbling regime might gain new life. Let us all hope he doesn't succeed.

Poor example. Dont play into this game. If you have an opinion then debate it. Dont be suckered into a tit-for-tat.

• Like 1

How patronizing it is to tell Iran how many centrifuges they "need", and how nothing to do with the law that is. They have 18,000 legal centrifuges. If they had 36,000 centrifuges they'd have 36,000 legal centrifuges.

• Like 3

I heard the very beginning live and not much more. In that, he outclassed Obama with the opening platitudes recognizable as they were. Obama said he was busy on the phone with our European partners about the Ukraine, as if that couldn't wait an hour, and then took a presidential dump on the speech.

• Like 2

Safe to say then that you do not consider Iran a Terrorist Nation.

I wouldn't consider Iranians who considered the US a terrorist nation using that as the basis to attack the US, no. And conversely I don't consider you doing the exact same thing in reverse.

• Like 3

I think the question is... Do you honestly trust these guys as much as the next guy?

• Like 3

I think the question is... Do you honestly trust these guys as much as the next guy?

I trust them exactly the same amount as any politician. No representative of any nation should have access to the use of nukes.

Do you think there is any justification for ANY country to have these weapons? For Iran, they are worried about a US invasion, and they can see that the US only invades those without nukes

Edited by Professor Buzzkill
  • Like 4