Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Hiker records footage of Bigfoot in Utah

UM-Bot

A terrified hiker managed to record several seconds of footage before legging it from the scene.

Filmed in the Utah mountains, the 28-second video begins with a shot overlooking a picturesque snow-covered woodland. The tranquil scene is interrupted only a few moments later however by the sudden appearance of a tall dark figure which can be seen walking casually along the tree line towards the right.

Read More: http://www.unexplain...bigfoot-in-utah

There was a black humanoid shape in the trees. Bigfoot? Can't say.

Hikers; Utah's biggest cowards evidently.

Given they supposedly encountered a creature that's generally accepted as being nothing more than folklore, I think it fair they get a pass for being scared.

That being said, I find the casual movements of the subject filmed to be suspicious.

• Like 1

I have to say, if I ever saw anything unusual in the woods I would book it. I would be off faster than a dress on prom night. But I'm a wimp and probably wouldn't be in the woods anyway.

• Like 6

Heavy breathing, shaking camera, dark form in the forest at a long distance, run away. Same old crap.

as an aside, if you want to see why paranormal investigators are looked at with such derision and silliness at its peak, watch the video on YouTube and let it rill right into "The Paranormal Review" who does 14 minutes on this 5 seconds of "creature".

• Like 2

Heavy breathing, shaking camera, dark form in the forest at a long distance, run away. Same old crap.

I'm not saying I think this is a legit video, but I don't see how the factors you've stated discredit it.

Shaking camera, heavy breathing, and running away all make sense for many individuals. Fear is capable of generating all of these responses. You don't even have to be scared to shake the camera. You just have to be trying to film while simultaneously trying to view that which your filming with your eyes.

Dark form isn't really a huge reason to doubt. I filmed a black bear at about 35 yards with my smart phone and the fur appeared similar on the video playback. The bear just looks like a shadow and is hard to even see if not for the fact that it moves and it's snout has lighter fur.

Lastly, long distance is entirely understandable; especially for someone who's scared enough to allow their flight response to fully engage.

Again, not saying this is legit, I just don't think those points necessarily hurt the video, or should be used to discredit those of this nature.

Edited by PrisonerX
  • Like 5

There is no doubt. This is Megalodon! You can tell by the size of the beast in relation to the trees!

Finally we have conclusive, undeniable evidence that Megalodon is thriving in the wild.

Edited by DefenceMinisterMishkin
  • Like 7

There is no doubt. This is Megalodon! You can tell by the size of the beast in relation to the trees!

Finally we have conclusive, undeniable evidence that Megalodon is thriving in the wild.

I have to disagree. This is rather common animal that is often mistaken for the legendary "bigfoot".

I'll post a close up photo of the animal so that you can compare it with the one in the footage.

blue_whale.jpg

It's clearly the same animal once you know what you are looking at.

• Like 2

Considering the distance between himself and the 'creature', and that he had to use the zoom to make it even distinguishable as a blobsquatch, I call completely faked. He could never have spotted the figure at that distance in the dense woods it was moving in - unless he knew where and when to look.

Not to mention he was 'heavy breathing' and apparently scared before he even filmed it. He's not even a good actor.

• Like 4

I have to disagree. This is rather common animal that is often mistaken for the legendary "bigfoot".

I'll post a close up photo of the animal so that you can compare it with the one in the footage.

blue_whale.jpg

Except we all know that the whales went extinct a long time ago, whereas the Megalodon, while endangered, is alive and well.

It's clearly the same animal once you know what you are looking at.

Considering the distance between himself and the 'creature', and that he had to use the zoom to make it even distinguishable as a blobsquatch, I call completely faked. He could never have spotted the figure at that distance in the dense woods it was moving in - unless he knew where and when to look.

Not to mention he was 'heavy breathing' and apparently scared before he even filmed it. He's not even a good actor.

:tu:

After seeing so many of these formulaic vids I have to stick with "If it can be faked, it was". Bring me more provenance or at least a compelling story. Go back an hour later and find footprints...call park rangers, do something... just posting another lame video on Youtube gets you instantly labeled as a hoaxer. You're guilty until proven innocent anymore.

• Like 2

What a wimp. I'm no hero but if I ever get the chance to film what I believe to be "bigfoot" I'll film up to the moment I've p***ed it off and it's charging me. All the while thinking of the money I'll make with the first indisputable "proof" of it's existence.

• Like 1

Its just a real tall bush walker - they exist ... they do !

I'm not saying I think this is a legit video, but I don't see how the factors you've stated discredit it.

Shaking camera, heavy breathing, and running away all make sense for many individuals. Fear is capable of generating all of these responses. You don't even have to be scared to shake the camera. You just have to be trying to film while simultaneously trying to view that which your filming with your eyes.

Dark form isn't really a huge reason to doubt. I filmed a black bear at about 35 yards with my smart phone and the fur appeared similar on the video playback. The bear just looks like a shadow and is hard to even see if not for the fact that it moves and it's snout has lighter fur.

Lastly, long distance is entirely understandable; especially for someone who's scared enough to allow their flight response to fully engage.

Again, not saying this is legit, I just don't think those points necessarily hurt the video, or should be used to discredit those of this nature.

Pretty formulaic hoax video, the only surprising thing is how many people still buy into these things.

• Like 1

After seeing so many of these formulaic vids I have to stick with "If it can be faked, it was". Bring me more provenance or at least a compelling story. Go back an hour later and find footprints...call park rangers, do something... just posting another lame video on Youtube gets you instantly labeled as a hoaxer. You're guilty until proven innocent anymore.

Considering the number of fakes on the internet, It could be a fake. But it could be the real thing also. A person doesn't know what you would do if in the same situation. I had an encounter once and I'm still not sure what I would do if in the same situation. Although I'm always armed with a .44 mag when in the woods. (You know Montana grizzly bears and all)

Leonardo, I don't believe bigfoot exists, so you know where I stand on this video. But apparently according to the Hiker it seems he was already scared before he began recording.

"I had to walk through some snow and trees to get to where I start the recording," the hiker said.

"I saw movement in the trees and that's when I move the camera to capture whatever it was. I was scared already but when it stepped into the clearing outside of the trees I was absolutely terrified."

-------------

Going back at least to Patty, Bigfoot just generally never seems to give a rats fanny about the nearby humans does it? Where are more charging/chasing Bigfoot videos? Are the victims in Paulides 411 series? Where's the found footage? Biff eats or buries the offending cameras?

And yes, I've seen the Michigan Dogman (Gable) video. One of my (or probably is) all-time favorites!

Edited by QuiteContrary
  • Like 1

I had to watch the damn thing three times before I could even make out what it was he was supposed to have seen, I still couldn't tell you what it was.

My guess is neither could he, he thought he saw something and went straight into panic. Assuming this isn't staged, which I happen to think it is, then he's not a guy that anyone could depend on in a clutch situation in the woods.

Edited by KevinP
  • Like 1

this is quite possibly the worse footage I have ever seen of anything - it makes the Patterson film look like a Terrence Malick picture

• Like 2

Really only one still frame of blobsquatch out of the whole clip. Worthless evidence. eGarbage. Didn't deserve a single click.

• Like 1

You never know how you're gonna react if you find yourself facing something that shouldn't be. I know. Real or not, it's still just a video on the interwebz.

• Like 2

Dammit another one! It's tooooo jet black! All uniform in color and even NASA's best film analysis crew couldn't extract anything from this. Looks nothing like Patty from the P/G film, which btw is the only plausable and debatable Sasquatch on film IMO.

• Like 1

I would go up to Bigfoot and offer a firm handshake..perhaps a smoke?

Why do people always run away..poor guy must feel pretty bad.

• Like 2

Looks like another giant monkeyman got the Blair Witch treatment, a-gain. ;)