Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Top Gear's Jeremy Clarkson suspended by BBC

toast

Motoring show pulled from Sunday night schedule as BBC investigates incident involving controversial presenter

The BBC has suspended Top Gear host Jeremy Clarkson “following a fracas” with a producer.

The motoring show has been pulled from Sunday night’s schedule as the corporation investigates the incident.

Clarkson was put on what was called his final warning last year following a racism row after claims that he used the

N-word while reciting the nursery rhyme Eeny, Meeny, Miny Moe during filming of the BBC2 programme.

A BBC spokeswoman said: “Following a fracas with a BBC producer, Jeremy Clarkson has been suspended pending

an investigation. “No one else has been suspended. Top Gear will not be broadcast this Sunday. The BBC will be making

no further comment at this time.”

http://www.theguardian.com/media/2015/mar/10/top-gear-jeremy-clarkson-suspended-bbc-producer

That seems to be the end of TopGear. What a pity.

• Like 2

Guest Br Cornelius

About bloody time.

Top Gear has been rubbish for far to long because of Clarkson. maybe they can get back to talking about real cars for a change.

Br Cornelius

About bloody time.

Top Gear has been rubbish for far to long because of Clarkson. maybe they can get back to talking about real cars for a change.

Br Cornelius

I'll disagree, as was pointed out on the show itself only the other week, Fifth Gear talked about real cars it died a death. Top Gear is a massive seller for the BBC, either first or second to Doctor Who. the Shows a laugh, everything from the slope on the bridge to K982 FKL. Political correctness my ****. Its not how men talk in the factories and work sites/building sites up and down the land.

• Like 6

About bloody time.

Br Cornelius

I`m not sure if I understand you correctly here when you talk about real cars (real car shows?). In my country there are a lot of car magazine on TV

but these cannot be compared with TopGear. These other magazines, or better say product placement boards, are driven by comparative tests of

boring nondescript cars and the mods of these magazines want to tell me every October that I have to mount my winter tyres and in every April they

want to tell me that I have to mount my summer tyres. But I`m not interested in such stupid and boring stuff because I`m too smart for such nonsense

so I dont watch it. I watch TopGear for entertainment purposes and due to the british humor, sarcasm, cynicisms and for the absurd actions that are

conducted in that show. And this show isnt for ppl who need decision-making aid because they are not sure to by a Volkswagen Lupo or a Nissan Micra.

Or for ppl who are not sure when to mount the winter tires.

Edited by toast
  • Like 8

Guest Br Cornelius

Clarkson is pure borish, he represents the worst in the English character. James May is about tolerable but he's a clever man made the butt of Clarkson's borish humour.

There are plenty of approaches to Top Gear that would work without having to put up with Clarkson.

Br Cornelius

There are plenty of approaches to Top Gear that would work without having to put up with Clarkson.

Br Cornelius

Might be but the results of these approaches will be as lame as TopGear US (sorry, US).

• Like 3

Clarkson is pure borish, he represents the worst in the English character. James May is about tolerable but he's a clever man made the butt of Clarkson's borish humour.

Br Cornelius

You just seem to have a beef with Clarkson rather than the show itself.

• Like 1

Mr Clarkson must be doing something right - Top Gear is simultaneously broadcast to 60 Countries, is purchased by a World record 200 countries and has the biggest viewership ever (it holds a Guinness World Record in this respect). in viewing history.

Personally, Jeremy Clarkson is one of the best presenters in televisual history, a man who clearly enjoys and enthuses over his subject, and you don't have to be "Petrol-head" to enjoy the programme.

• Like 5

Guest Br Cornelius

Anyone who decides work arguments with fists has run out of favours.

Top Gear can do without him.

Br Cornelius

Well the publicity alone will do Jeremy nothing but good. Even if the BBC decides after its investigation into the allegations sack him. He would easily earn double elsewhere. He makes Top Gear what it is.

• Like 2

May i speak in profanities? Thank you....

Clarkson is an absolute w**ker and his show as unnecessary as a one-legged man in an a**-kicking contest.

Good riddance

There is a growing rumor that he never actually punched anyone according to one very close source. Also this happened last week but only reported to the BBC on Monday. why the delay? some sort of clause the producer wants?

I signed in the petition earlier this morning around the 261,000 mark and its over 400,000. Its Change.orgs biggest petition in two years.

There is much bullying and corruption in the BBC and also to favor people or organisations which is never allowed, doesn't the media have to be neutral? Same with the situation in Syria, only reports on the government killing civilians but not on ISIS.

• Like 3

Br Cornelius

They just cancelled all Top Gear programes from now on, looks like they were going to axe it if even he left

Used to watch it. It got boring. Much like his books actually.

Anyone who decides work arguments with fists has run out of favours.

Top Gear can do without him.

Br Cornelius

Sack the BBC director, Clarkson needs proper food when on the road filming not sandwiches!

• Like 3

Clarkson is a muppet! He needs to be thrown into the pit of Carkoon! Nest of the mighty Sarlacc..:D

No one likes Jeremy Clarkson except Jeremy Clarkson..

• Like 2

Thing is, what do you expect the BBC to do in this situation?

The accusation is that Clarkson punched a producer. It doesn't really matter if this is over something as unimportant as catering for the film segment, this is still an assault claim made by one worker against another. Such a claim is serious, and has to be looked at. Saying that mind, to take the show off air does seem a bit daft. Yes, the trio of Clarkson, May and Hammond works well, but you could easily just have the remaining shows be broadcast, and giving the programme's previous less than reverent way of handling controversy, this could be hosted by just May and Hammond, with say any pre-filmed segments involving Clarkson with his face pixelated and voice dubbed.

Edited by Shayde

Thing is, what do you expect the BBC to do in this situation?

The accusation is that Clarkson punched a producer. It doesn't really matter if this is over something as unimportant as catering for the film segment, this is still an assault claim made by one worker against another. Such a claim is serious, and has to be looked at. Saying that mind, to take the show off air does seem a bit daft. Yes, the trio of Clarkson, May and Hammond works well, but you could easily just have the remaining shows be broadcast, and giving the programme's previous less than reverent way of handling controversy, this could be hosted by just May and Hammond, with say any pre-filmed segments involving Clarkson with his face pixelated and voice dubbed.

Where I work, punching a colleague would be instant dismissal. Most other places I am aware of, as well.

I don't know if it has been established what happened yet, to be fair.

Where I work, punching a colleague would be instant dismissal. Most other places I am aware of, as well.

I don't know if it has been established what happened yet, to be fair.

it might of been a tap, this could been brought of proportion which it seems it was.

Anyway over 500,000 signatures steaming to a million

it might of been a tap, this could been brought of proportion which it seems it was.

Anyway over 500,000 signatures steaming to a million

1M will not be the end taking the 350M viewers of TopGear into consideration.

Clarksen should start a crowdfunding project and buy the BBC. Just imaging the TV evening news in JC style. :clap:

Edited by toast
  • Like 3

I really like Top Gear, but sometimes he has to think about the consequences of his action. James May and Richard Hammond will be all right, but there are a lot of other support staff that might be laid of because of his actions.

We don't know excactly what happened, but if he really did punch someone over catering, it is stepping over the line. His antics is one of the things that makes the show good, but there must be a limit somewhere.