Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Top Gear's Jeremy Clarkson suspended by BBC

toast

Advertisements ? On the BBC ?

You're not from around here toast, are you :P:D

Grrr!

I mean television commercials.

Advertisements ? On the BBC ?

You're not from around here toast, are you :P:D

Oh... and the online poll has reached over 500,000, apparantly.

Its on 750,000 now

Edited by RabidMongoose
  • Like 2

Jeremy Clarkson’s wife hospitalised with RSI after signing petition 650,000 times

Francis Cain, the wife of Jeremy Clarkson has been rushed to hospital with chronic RSI after signing the ‘Save Clarkson’ petition

650,000 times.

A source close to Cain said, “If the BBC sacks Jeremy from Top Gear, then he will inevitably spend more time at home. With Francis.

And she said that simply can not be allowed to happen.”“Trust me, she’s been on that website like a woman possessed.”

The popularity of the petition has been baffling people who’ve seen Mr Clarkson’s ‘work’ on television, and Ms Cain’s injury finally gives

an explanation. Television owner Darren Brown still suffers frequent headaches after spending hours banging his head against the wall

when his television got stuck on Dave during a ‘Top Gear’ marathon

http://newsthump.com/2015/03/12/jeremy-clarksons-wife-hospitalised-with-rsi-after-signing-petition-650000-times/

:lol:

• Like 1

Again, not on the BBC.

I wasnt aware about that.

I wonder who'll get more attention in the papers tomorrow: Terry Pratchett or the oaf Clarkson? Yes, I think I can guess.

I wasnt aware about that.

Try BBC News outside of the UK - totally stuffed with advertisements. This is an income stream not mentioned in the UK where adverts are banned.

• Like 1

Try BBC News outside of the UK - totally stuffed with advertisements. This is an income stream not mentioned in the UK where adverts are banned.

oh - I didn't know that -

"UK Spoof News and Satire"...

Of course!

yeah - we all have to pay £145.50 a year license fee - and that funds the BBC -

edit to say - that is - if you have a telly and/or watch or record any BBC programmes, etc ...

Maybe your deal is the better one. Licence fee in Germany is £154/year for public broadcasting (TV+radio) plus privat broadcasting (TV+radio).

But even if the maximum times for commercials per movie or whatever are regulated, its a pain in the .... shoulder to watch TV here. Example:

a movie or whatever is having 120 minutes "netto", can be interupted for commercials 5 times so that the movie and the commercials are in total

151 minutes, means half an hour advertising per 120 minutes "netto" movie or whatever.

BTW: saw in the BBC link that the licence fee for black/white TVs is just £49 per year, well, thats a funny regulation. But how do get color-blind

ppl having a color TV charged? :lol:

• Like 1

The simple fact is the format has become stale and boring under the current setup. I used to watch it when Clarkson wasn't such a god almighty bore - but he drove me away with his childish humour.

Some times you have to know when to cut your losses, and I suspect Clarkson is looking for a way out before his adoring crowd grows to hate him with as much passion as myself. He's not stupid afterall - he just pretends to be.

Br Cornelius

I do agree with what you are saying. I have found the last couple of specials repetitive and lacking anything new.

However the viewing figures keep rising year on year. Foreign countries still buy this programme even though he can be rather insulting to them in his controversial way.

As I said before I am not overly keen on him, but people do watch it and find him entertaining. We must just have different tastes.

Apparently the BBC are set to lose millions with the cancellation of their highest earning show.

http://www.theguardian.com/media/2015/mar/11/bbc-jeremy-clarkson-suspension-top-gear

There are also doubts whether there was any violence, however his behaviour was disgusting from what witnesses describe.

http://news.sky.com/story/1444054/family-clarkson-said-hed-have-colleague-fired

Someone yelling and using expletives is no different than if some random member of the public did it. Presumably those people should be fired from whatever jobs they had?

Perhaps the thing I find most interesting, beyond the firmly held belief that he's a pillock, is that his lawyer, Mark Devereux, is a senior partner at the legal firm Olswang. And it's also good to see the former Cultural Secretary, Maria Miller, keeping an appropriate sense of proportion. “[Clarkson] is, I think, a legend, not just in this country, but around the world."

Edited by Norbert Dentressangle

Actually it does look very much like it was all orchestrated by the Clarkson to walk away from his contract, which was apparently up for renegotiation at the end of the month anyway, so he could take some enormously lucrative new contract somewhere else, and to sabotage the Beeb, since it's now in line to lose such a massive amount of money, for some nasty, greasy money-grabbing reasons of his own. I think it's abundantly clear what a thoroughly unpleasant, untrustworthy and nasty little man he truly is.

Actually it does look very much like it was all orchestrated by the Clarkson to walk away from his contract, which was apparently up for renegotiation at the end of the month anyway, so he could take some enormously lucrative new contract somewhere else, and to sabotage the Beeb, since it's now in line to lose such a massive amount of money, for some nasty, greasy money-grabbing reasons of his own. I think it's abundantly clear what a thoroughly unpleasant, untrustworthy and nasty little man he truly is.

and the BBC isnt?

• Like 2

Soooo.... to summarise.

He created a "scene" so that he would be released from his contract, which was due to finish in two weeks anyway ?

Yeah... OK.... I can't see any gaps in that logic.

• Like 1

Clarkson isn't the sort of person, ironically, to cause a scene for publicity purposes. He's outspoken in a world where being outspoken is frowned upon.

I wonder who'll get more attention in the papers tomorrow: Terry Pratchett or the oaf Clarkson? Yes, I think I can guess.

It was pretty much even, I'd have said. Pratchett was on most front covers, with Clarkson on the inside.

Actually I am beginning to sympathise with the old fellow, having seen some of the Papers today and the way that the Beeb hierarchy is closing its formidable ranks against him. In the Mail there was this story: BBC executive: 'Clarkson is like Savile'

And look how haggard the poor fellow looks. He looks like Tony Blair after he'd been in office for 10 years. :cry:

• Like 1

The BBC is treading on dodgey ground bringing Savile up - because this naturally leads to thinking -

oh my god has he (Jeremy) been sexually abusing children and vulnerable people, as well...??

which is NOT what they're saying - but perhaps they could be done for defamation of character using the comparison -

and that would cost the license payers more money -

• Like 1

Well exactly, he may be a bit of a twerp but surely the Beeb management are walking right into a libellous minefield by mentioning that ... creature. Surely they wouldn't be that vindictive? (Particularly since it was because of their coverups that Savile got away with it for so long.) Maybe it's the Godwin's Law of the Beeb, everyone who angers Beeb Management sooner or later gets compared to saVile.

Edited by Norbert Dentressangle
  • Like 1