Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Top Gear's Jeremy Clarkson suspended by BBC

toast

oh...even for DM standards, that headline is a new "low"...

Yes it's very spiteful.....and insensitive....

http://www.itv.com/news/story/2015-03-16/jimmy-saviles-victims-slam-jeremy-clarkson-comparisons/

Victims of Jimmy Savile have described comparisons between the support for Jeremy Clarkson and the widespread protection offered to the dead paedophile as "upsetting" and "totally offensive".

• Like 1

i don't know whether it's the Mail or the Beeb that have reached a new low, since the Beeb Bosses did apparently draw the comparison. I don't think they tried to compare Clarko with the Savile, but they did appear to say that the support for Clarko was like the way that Influential Figures covered up what the Savile creature did.

• Like 1

i don't know whether it's the Mail or the Beeb that have reached a new low, since the Beeb Bosses did apparently draw the comparison. I don't think they tried to compare Clarko with the Savile, but they did appear to say that the support for Clarko was like the way that Influential Figures covered up what the Savile creature did.

well that certainly does widen the sphere of 'insult' --- ie. all the people who signed the petition and all the public

figures who have given Clarkson support -

because by comparing the support for Clarkson with the support for the Savile creature - is - however hypothetically -

comparing the 'crimes' of the two men - of which there is, of course - - - - no comparison.... <_<

• Like 2

not to accuse the BBC of hypocrisy or anything- heaven forbid-, but they're still repeating repeats of the new series on BBC3.....

• Like 2

Its on 750,000 now

+ 1

I agree with toast, he makes the show, and his antics are expected now. It did not just fail in the US, the Aussie version of Top Gear was hopeless too. It is obviously a chemistry that the three of them achieve.

Bloody brilliant show, I sure hope Clarkson is reinstated. Wont be worth watching without him.

just-top-gear_o_1995185.jpg

• Like 4

In some ways I hope all 3 of them leave the show, I know the show will die pretty quickly after that but another network will snap them up in a heartbeat......then hopefully they can get on with making good shows but minus the self absorbed BBC and the whining PC brigade that prop it up.

• Like 3

Isn't TopGear a tv soap/comedy about 3 old men who are still going through mid-life crisis?

• Like 6

Well if you punch your boss, your gonna get fired. I don't see why his case should be any different.

• Like 1

Isn't TopGear a tv soap/comedy about 3 old men who are still going through mid-life crisis?

As the Guardina said a year ago ...

Top Gear has finally become a cartoon and it's all the better ...

www.theguardian.com › Arts › TV & radio › Top Gear

3 Feb 2014 - It's long been threatened that Top Gear would eventually turn into Last of the Summer Wine, but that day has now arrived.

And who's laughing now, eh? :unsure:

Edited by Norbert Dentressangle

Well if you punch your boss, your gonna get fired. I don't see why his case should be any different.

Most bosses need punching, regularly, it should be the requirements of any bonus that he/she is sporting a black eye and fat lip..

• Like 2

Most bosses need punching, regularly, it should be the requirements of any bonus that he/she is sporting a black eye and fat lip..

my Boss is a 1,55m "tall" woman. Not only would i get fired, but also look like a total di*k...... ;)

• Like 2

I watched one the other day out of curiosity and by God it is a mere shadow of its former self. Tired and devoid of ideas.

I am quite happy that other people watch it if they like it. Up to them.

I could punch Jeremy Clarkson in the face all day long and not feel guilty in the slightest..:P

He needs to be brought down a peg.

• Like 1

Probably why so many of us relate to it!! :D

Edited by psyche101
  • Like 5

my Boss is a 1,55m "tall" woman. Not only would i get fired, but also look like a total di*k...... ;)

Not if it is Gina Reinhardt.

• Like 2

Not if it is Gina Reinhardt.

hahaha, i've got no problems hitting something that looks like it can (and maybe tries to)eat me alive!

• Like 2

hahaha, i've got no problems hitting something that looks like it can (and maybe tries to)eat me alive!

I think people might start giving you money if you did..........

• Like 1

BBC has postponed 4 scheduled TopGear live shows in Stavanger/Norway:

Announcement

Top Gear Live regret to inform ticket holders for next week’s shows in Stavanger, Norway that we will be postponing all 4 performances, with rescheduled

dates for later this year to be confirmed within the next fortnight. We sincerely apologise for the inconvenience this will cause fans and we will endeavour

to contact all ticket holders directly to inform them of the change of dates.

http://www.topgearlive.com/norway/en/

• Like 1

it looks like Clarkson will be back. Hammond and May have refused to continue filming. Which raised the prospect of having to replace all three presenters if they wanted to continue with Top Gear. its well documented how much this show makes in money terms world wide. Clarkson and the team will be back. :clap:

• Like 5

Yup, bullies always prevail in the end. That's the valuable lesson G.W. Bush has taught the world.

You are all missing a fundamental point!

The Current TopGear was never intended to be a serious motoring show! Its light hearted comedy involving 3 friend's and there love of cars! Its Adventure and laughs and childish humour! Its a breath of fresh air in the clinical "PC" world we live in!

If you want seriousness watch the news at 10!

Jeremy Clarkson is british national Treasure! An old school Sargent in a modern bubble wrapped environment! Hes what Britain use to be! Hes bold and brash and not scared to say what everyone else is thinking!

A stand up comedian makes a joke about asylum seekers and they are applauded! Jeremy does it and he is punished! Whats the difference?

it is Jeremy Clarkson alone that has made TopGear the show it is today, and nobody can argue against the viewing figures!

It is his childish behaviour, wit, fundamentally staunch british attitude and controversial comments that have made the show the most popular entertainment program on planet earth!

• Like 4

it looks like Clarkson will be back. Hammond and May have refused to continue filming. Which raised the prospect of having to replace all three presenters if they wanted to continue with Top Gear. its well documented how much this show makes in money terms world wide. Clarkson and the team will be back. :clap:

Haha - the BBC bigwigs had '''forgotten''' about Hammond and May and how they might react - -

Apparently there is an 18 year waiting list to be in the audience of Top Gear...!

• Like 3

it looks like Clarkson will be back. Hammond and May have refused to continue filming. Which raised the prospect of having to replace all three

presenters if they wanted to continue with Top Gear. its well documented how much this show makes in money terms world wide. Clarkson and the

team will be back. :clap:

It would be of interest if with the suspension of Clarkson the existing contracts Clarkson/BBC had been terminated the same day of the suspension.

If so, the former agreements on his salary/participation value became ineffective and new contracts have to be negotiated b4 he will running the show

again. I`m quite sure that he will demand more money with the new contract also under the consideration that the whole story during the past few

weeks has increased his popularity and the popularity of Top Gear as well, resulting into an increasing number of TopGear viewers.

BTW, Clarkson earned £14m in 2012, maybe the BBC will call it "the good old times" in future: http://www.theguardian.com/media/2013/jul/16/jeremy-clarkson-top-gear-bbc-worldwide

• Like 1