Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Top Gear's Jeremy Clarkson suspended by BBC

toast

Anyone who decides work arguments with fists has run out of favours.

Top Gear can do without him.

Br Cornelius

Hey, at least he didn't run over the producer....

Jeremy Clarkson dropped by BBC after damning report into assault on producer

The BBC announced on Wednesday that it has dropped Jeremy Clarkson after the Top Gear presenter attacked a producer who as a result required

hospital treatment.BBC director general Tony Hall said he took the decision to end Clarkson’s BBC career “with great regret”, 16 days after he was

suspended following a “fracas” with a member of the Top Gear production team, but said the presenter had “crossed a line”.

//

The question now for the BBC is what happens to the other Top Gear presenters Richard Hammond and James May, both of whom have presenting

commitments on the BBC outside of Top Gear. The Top Gear trio’s contracts run out next week. Negotiations for new deals with May and Hammond

have been put on hold during the investigation.

http://www.theguardi...ar-contract-bbc

They will come back outside the BBC, all 3 in a row, of that I`m sure.

Edited by toast
  • Like 2

He has been sacked!

Yes, confirmed in BBC News

Jeremy for prime minister!

They uk needs somebody with a bit of fire in his belly!

• Like 3

Seems Clarkson's sacking was the top story on the BBC Six O'Clock News.

Good job there aren't more pressing matters in the world today, allowing us all to remain well informed on this vital global issue...

• Like 2

Are you going to keep saying that until they listen to you?

Actually they were saying today that Boris Johnson', who's effectively the bumbling-buffoon-persona of politics in the same way that Clarkson is to TV comedy, is hotly tipped as the next PM after Cameron is given the elbow, so that'd be the next best thing.

• Like 1

Got what he deserved, but....the bloke he clouted went to A&E with a bruised and split lip?...Thank God he didn't black his eye or it would have been an air ambulance job.

• Like 3

Are you going to keep saying that until they listen to you?

Actually they were saying today that Boris Johnson', who's effectively the bumbling-buffoon-persona of politics in the same way that Clarkson is to TV comedy, is hotly tipped as the next PM after Cameron is given the elbow, so that'd be the next best thing.

I had an itchy trigger finger!

If Boris gets his slippers into number 10 the British Empire could become the biggest circus show on planet earth!

• Like 1

Without Clarkson, Top Gear is dead. And the BBC will lose out.

• Like 5

the only thing you get out of someone with fire in his belly is a lot of hot farts...

• Like 2

Yes! No more of this bumbling idiot on TV!

Result! :D

You mean Clarkson or Johnson? Either way, I expect you'll be disappointed. I've no doubt ITV, C4, or any one of dozens of channels are queuing up to offer him a contract.
  • Like 1

You mean Clarkson or Johnson?

i heard that Boris is already perparing to take Clarkson's position....

britain-in-pic-3-v2.jpg

• Like 4

You mean Clarkson or Johnson? Either way, I expect you'll be disappointed. I've no doubt ITV, C4, or any one of dozens of channels are queuing up to offer him a contract.

Let's hope not. Clarkson is just an unfunny, rude and obnoxious bully.

Boris Johnson has character at least, he's pretty weird..:P

Got what he deserved, but....the bloke he clouted went to A&E with a bruised and split lip?...Thank God he didn't black his eye or it would have been an air ambulance job.

LOL - I wonder if he had to wait for hours on a hard plastic chair with all the Plebs - with just a crappy coffee and crisp / chocolate machine for sustenance - :hmm:

I had an itchy trigger finger!

If Boris gets his slippers into number 10 the British Empire could become the biggest circus show on planet earth!

Woo Hoo.... :rofl:

Yeah - and then we can show the world what PROPER eccentricity is all about - - - :yes:

• Like 2

Seems Clarkson's sacking was the top story on the BBC Six O'Clock News.

Good job there aren't more pressing matters in the world today, allowing us all to remain well informed on this vital global issue...

I had Sky on when this news broke. You want to hazard a guess at what story they were about to report on that they then cut into it with the woes of Clarkson?

Yep, you guessed it. They were going live to their reporter at the landing field for the search teams for the crashed aircraft. A bloody TV "star" warrants more attention than a downed passenger jet. Makes you wonder about the bloody priorities of our media...

• Like 2

I had Sky on when this news broke. You want to hazard a guess at what story they were about to report on that they then cut into it with the woes of Clarkson?

Yep, you guessed it. They were going live to their reporter at the landing field for the search teams for the crashed aircraft. A bloody TV "star" warrants more attention than a downed passenger jet. Makes you wonder about the bloody priorities of our media...

from devastating plane crash to rambling train wreck....at least there was coherency.

Hes what Britain use to be! Hes bold and brash and not scared to say what everyone else is thinking!

he's a Yorkshireman, and we never shy away from calling a spade a spade.....

• Like 2

Well the BBC took the easy way out, They dropped him from the show, but never fired him. his contract expires at the end of March so their going to let it run out. So the incident WASNT deemed serious enough to terminate his contract.

The BBC needs to understand Top Gear is Clarkson, May and Hammond. I'll follow them to whichever TV channel/company takes them on.

The BBC made me laugh, when they stated Top Gear will continue, with new presenters. Yes, knowing the BBC the New presenters will most probably be made up of one legged, Gay/ Lesbian ethnic's. Because lets face it, the BBC is extreme left wing liberal.

How many punch ups happen on a works night out, especially around Christmas and all the office parties. You'd have dole queues as far as the eye can see. - If everyone involved was sacked.

There is a funny set up with the show though, 50% of the rights are owned by BBC World Wide the commercial arm of the BBC. there are rumblings, they are going to continue with a partner firm, an outside firm. which means the show could continue to be shown world wide. but us in the UK would have to rely on it being shown on a commercial station. - Personally i'd tell the BBC where to go, Top Gear makes £53million a year. it can sustain itself without the BBC.

Whatever happens now, The trio will be back, and the show will probably be better for it, not constrained by BBC red tape.

• Like 4