Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Top Gear's Jeremy Clarkson suspended by BBC

toast

What's that got to do with Clarko, unless it's some sort of insinuation that the Beeb is riddled with paedophiles?

just highlighting the Beeb's hypocrisy is all Norbert- if Clarkson would've punched someone in the 70s, they'd have covered it up, not sacked him.....

just highlighting the Beeb's hypocrisy is all Norbert- if Clarkson would've punched someone in the 70s, they'd have covered it up, not sacked him.....

Obviously Clarkson doesn't have any dirt on BBC staff otherwise he could have persuaded them to let him stay lol

• Like 1

Lets face it the Beeb has backed itself into a corner.

They had to sack Clarkson and rightly so. However they have doomed their most profitable show and will probably have to pay millions back for broken contracts around the world.

I guess we can expect another TV license rise again shortly.

• Like 2

I believe you could put Clarkson in any tv show and he would make it a roaring success!

But id like to see him in a more political antagonist type position, he's an intellectual man with a very straight down the line, care free attitude!

"Jezza" is destined for greater things....his removal from bbc will be the start of something huge!

I predict Jeremy Clarkson and Chris Evans will unite to create the greatest tv company on earth!......"Clarvans Worldwide"

• Like 1

Not sure I see this as hypocrisy. Sure, back awhile they would have covered it up. And their then management should be roundly despised for such actions (Saville). But the fact that they have changed and taken appropriate action should surely be applauded.

I believe you could put Clarkson in any tv show and he would make it a roaring success!

But id like to see him in a more political antagonist type position, he's an intellectual man with a very straight down the line, care free attitude!

"Jezza" is destined for greater things....his removal from bbc will be the start of something huge!

I predict Jeremy Clarkson and Chris Evans will unite to create the greatest tv company on earth!......"Clarvans Worldwide"

Jeremy Clarkson should've replaced Jeremy Paxman. It was surely the obvious thing to do.
  • Like 1

Apparently they might want him back :unsure2:

Is this from the grapevine that says the BBC is to lose millions on their round the world tour. - and as such the BBC have asked Clarkson to honour the tour dates. - Surely there is a loophole here, for a return to the proper programme, and rightly so.

LOL, not so sure about that, his Burka comment did not go down to well.

Then he picked lorry drivers by saying they cared only about fuel prices and killing prostitutes - a reference to Suffolk Strangler Steven Wright and Yorkshire Ripper Peter Sutcliffe and then he was also condemned by the Royal National Institute of Blind People and Scottish politicians after he made disparaging remarks about Gordon Brown, calling him a 'one-eyed Scottish idiot'.

As some posters here have noted, he seems to be able to pee of some people really well.

Politics just might not be his forte. I might just stick with Zach Galifianakis for controversy :D Quite a fan of Shaun Micallef too.

Best of luck to him no matter where he shows up, I'll watch him.

Edited by psyche101
  • Like 2

Jeremy Clarkson to appear on rebranded Top Gear live shows

So are these still promoted by Auntie, and will they, therefore, get the money from it? :unsure2: Whoever does,, it's guaranteed that the queues for tickets will be out of the door and round the block several times, if they weren't likely to be already, doesn't it. So whoever is organising these stands to benefit from this quite considerably, don't they. :unsure2:

• 4 weeks later...

James May has said: "Me and Hammond with a surrogate Jeremy is a non-starter. It has to be the three of us,"

http://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-32431956

Is this effectively the end of top gear ?

• Like 3

James May has said: "Me and Hammond with a surrogate Jeremy is a non-starter. It has to be the three of us,"

http://www.bbc.com/n...t-arts-32431956

Is this effectively the end of top gear ?

I thought i heard on the NEWS today Clarkson, May and Hammond and a recently resigned (like yesterday)Top Gear executive producer have been spotted all together? - there's no doubt they'll make their own show if the BBC don't invite them back. and on that bombshell goodnight.

• Like 3

I thought i heard on the NEWS today Clarkson, May and Hammond and a recently resigned (like yesterday)Top Gear executive producer have been spotted all together? - there's no doubt they'll make their own show if the BBC don't invite them back. and on that bombshell goodnight.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-32437814

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

It seems the BBC thinks it can continue with Top Gear, as the BBC has reportedly chosen a new trio of presenters including former model Jodie Kidd and Life On Mars actor Philip Glenister, and channels 4's Guy Martin.

top-gear-presenter_3290470b.jpg

Meh, I'll pass on that.

• Like 1

It's hardly Top Gear if it's a completely new lineup of presenters, is it? They may as well just concede defeat and rename it.

Not, as i've said before, that I'm a fan of it, but continuing with a completely different crew of presenters is rather like replacing all of One Direction with a completely different lineup and insisting it's the same band.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

It's hardly Top Gear if it's a completely new lineup of presenters, is it? They may as well just concede defeat and rename it.

Not, as i've said before, that I'm a fan of it, but continuing with a completely different crew of presenters is rather like replacing all of One Direction with a completely different lineup and insisting it's the same band.

True.

But if Jodie Kidd wears those see through tops she is partial too on the show, I will be an avid fan of the new show.

Guest Br Cornelius

What an absolute load of b******s. Top Gear has been through many changes of presenters and retained its name. Lets state this clearly - TOP GEAR never was Clarkson, May and the Hamster - they were its presenters for a period of its existence. TOP GEAR will remain top gear long after they are a memory.

Br Cornelius

Guest Br Cornelius

It seems the BBC thinks it can continue with Top Gear, as the BBC has reportedly chosen a new trio of presenters including former model Jodie Kidd and Life On Mars actor Philip Glenister, and channels 4's Guy Martin.

top-gear-presenter_3290470b.jpg

Sounds like an absolutely fantastic decision. I might actually start watching it again.

A blinder on the part of the BBC, snatching victory in the face of defeat.

Br Cornelius

Heavens, it's like the French Revolution all over again. TOP GEAR (in capitals) will live on, comrades! It can never be defeated! TOP GEAR will move on to victory and a brighter dawn for humanity!!

Edited by Norbert Dentressangle
  • Like 1

Guest Br Cornelius

Heavens, it's like the French Revolution all over again. TOP GEAR (in capitals) will live on, comrades! It can never be defeated! TOP GEAR will move on to victory and a brighter dawn for humanity!!

I am simply pointing out a simple fact which seems to have escaped many here. TOP GEAR is a show with a 40 year history, of which the last team was a small part.

Br Cornelius

I feel like we have to salute whenever you say TOP GEAR. Actually do agree with you, it used to be quite an interesting show about cars in the days of Quentin Willson and Tiff Needell and so on, but it has surely undeniably become the Clarkson show, with his support acts May and Hammond, pure and simple.

Still, perhaps Richard Hammond will be able to devote more time to his other job as Foreign Secretary now. That is the same one, isn't it?

Edited by Norbert Dentressangle

You know, I may have immersed myself in the thread so much, that I was imagining Clarkson's voice when I read that last line of yours. :D (despite the fact, I couldn't have read all of this thread yet)

I am simply pointing out a simple fact which seems to have escaped many here. TOP GEAR is a show with a 40 year history, of which the last team was a small part.

Br Cornelius

From what I understand, this is true. I do find it interesting, that it's in recent years, that some other countries have followed suit of their own TOP GEAR format show. I think Germany has one. Australia had one for a bit. Korea, I think? And of course, here in the states, is it considered North AMerica? IN which, my hubby watches, and I caught a few shows of. The thing is, I have watched more episodes of BBC's Top Gear, it seems when people think of it, they think of Clarkson. Waiting on a gentleman who was purchasing the magazine, he remarked, he preferred the American version, cause he wanted less jokes and more on the cars, and the American show does that. (Even though, there seemed to be a bit of ribbing of the guys on there who seemed to be the American's version of James May.)
  • Like 1

Br Cornelius

The show was dying a death before Clarkson and his mate Andrew Wilman who produced the show turned up at BBC HQ to save the day. they took over the reins after the production team left for channel five. and lets face facts viewing figures, revenue all went through the roof, the figures dont lie.

If you loved Top Gear before the 2002 change, why didnt you switch to Channel Fives "Fifth Gear" because in 2002 the Production team from the BBC's Top Gear you loved so much jumped ship to produce the show on that channel. im sorry Br but your in the minority, the figures don't lie, the viewing figures, revenue and following all favour Top Gear with Clarkson, Hammond and May (New format) and not "Fifth Gear".

I suspect you dont even watch the Show, because you state in one of your posts you'd start watching again, now Clarkson is no more. Yet the format and same team you "liked watching" producers Fifth Gear on channel Five. I suspect its just your hatred for Clarkson which drives your posts.

TOP GEAR IS NOW DEAD. FACT.

The Trio ride on. Clarkson Hammond and May are still doing their LIVE arena show. ALL SOLD OUT. from 22May to 18th November. MORE POWER......................