Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Top Gear's Jeremy Clarkson suspended by BBC

toast

Makes me wonder if Jeremy Clarkson should pack up and move here to the states. I'm sure he would be welcomed by some, with open arms. It amazes me that there are some 'personalities' here that are still on the air in various formats, I think Clarkson would get a following here. Not that I'm saying, I would be part of that. I would still be in the place, I usually am, rolling my eyes.

Then again, I wonder if Jay Leno is planning to help out Jeremy.

As i said Steve the worldwide figures are frankly irrelevant when it comes to UK popularity.

Steve it seems frankly amazing that you would ignore the words of the man really responsible for the success of Top Gear in his own personal assessment of the looming problem he saw.

Didn't think you were that arrogant.

As for your analysis of the BBC, objective analysis have shown it has a consistently establishment and right wing bias. I personally don't trust almost anything the BBC says to not be establishment (conservative) biased and have all but stopped watching its current affairs output. I suspect you are sharing in the Tories persecution complex.

http://www.newstates...ias-corporation

http://www.newstates...-how-biased-bbc

Here is the actual study which shows the establishment/conservative bias within the BBC:

http://downloads.bbc...nt_analysis.pdf

It seems to me Steve that your consistently lazy in accepting any claims of left-wing bias with the BBC made by the Murdoch press without ever looking into its real veracity.

Br Cornelius

Oh dear, poor ol' Auntie Beeb really can't win. It was saying in the paper just this week that the Government is thinking of having a good look at the extortion licence fee because of Left Wing Bias, and now you're saying that it does in fact have Right Wing bias. Well, there's gratitude after all the effort the Beeb went to to support the re-election of the Cameron government, isn't it. :(

I'd like to declare myself neutral in this discussion as I had actually stopped watching Top Gear at the end of the last series after feeling it had become a cliche. But if I could just point out that the Ford GT40 so named because it was only 40" from ground to roof was ordered by Henry Ford jnr to be designed and constructed specifically to win Le Mans after Ford failed in his attempt to buy Ferrari and get the kudos of a racing pedigree. In this capacity it was a huge success. As a road car it was a disaster. I once sat in one reputed to be owned previously by Noel Edmunds (5'8" tall) and couldn't believe how they got it off the drive let alone win a 24 hour endurance race.Surely Jeremy Clarkson (6'5" tall) must have considered the cramped conditions he would be driving in (despite some slight modifications to make the cockpit bigger) before purchasing this dog of a car. It makes more sense to buy the road going version of Lewis Hamiltons current F1 car at least you can get your shopping in under the rear wing. (joke!)

• 2 weeks later...

The Live Show is getting excellent reviews.

• 3 weeks later...

Ohh are they serious???????

THIS???

uktv-tfri-friday-special-chris-evans.jpg

article-0-195DE8D3000005DC-467_634x404.jpg

To replace this???????????????????????????

CHQvxlfWUAAYZs8.jpg

Well goodbye Top Gear, it has been good. Now we can watch the British Leaders of this show fail as every other attempt at top Gear did.

What a bloody joke, a pink car?????? Yesh, real "blokey" FFS.

Clarkson, Hammond and May out to go to another channel and start a show called Top Fuel or something and laugh at the demise of what the BBC had.

Edited by psyche101
  • Like 1

Could you explain the inexplicable popularity of top gear? I've never got it. Is blowing up caravans really the greatest cultural experience one is likely to be able to find?

• Like 2

Could you explain the inexplicable popularity of top gear? I've never got it. Is blowing up caravans really the greatest cultural experience one is likely to be able to find?

LOL, what can I say, it's a bloke thing!!

Yes, blowing up things, crushing them, always pushing to the limits of what human ingenuity is capable of. That is always astoundingly entertaining, so are the guests, I watched Ron Howard on a rerun last night. New products, how good they are, different places (Top Gear Arctic Circle was wicked awesome to watch and I learned you can get takeaway deer heads) racing, the stig testing new cars. Gosh, the laughs, smiles and conversations Top Gear has given me!!!

Man it is all good, and only these three guys know how to put the show together. Several other attempts have proven so.

And they replace Clarkson with a geek in a pink car??? All I can say is LOL. HAS to be a joke.

I get the feeling you have never sat behind the wheel with a V8.

You drive a Prius with pink plates or something do you?

ioCOB.jpg

Edited by psyche101
  • Like 1

Do you know very much about Chris Evans, or did you google a picture of him when he happened to be in a pink car?

To be fair to him, even though I can only tolerate him in small quantities, he does know a lot about cars, although of course top Gear hasn't been about that since the days of Quentin Willson. Here's some of them:

The Chris Evans car collection - Motoring Research

Edited by Norbert the Incredible

Do you know very much about Chris Evans, or did you google a picture of him when he happened to be in a pink car?

To be fair to him, even though I can only tolerate him in small quantities, he does know a lot about cars, although of course top Gear hasn't been about that since the days of Quentin Willson. Here's some of them:

The Chris Evans car collection - Motoring Research

Ahhh!!!!

But can he blow crap up!!! ;)

Clarkson would not drive a pink car, end of story :D

Edited by psyche101

James May have hinted that he isn't returning to Top Gear without Clarkson. Do we know if Richard Hammonds is leaving too ?

• Like 1

Yes< i think Auntie Beeb have said that all the current crowd will be going and they're going to replace them with a completley new lineup.

Anyway, Richard Hammond is surely busy now being the Foreign Secretary. :unsure2:

Anyway, Richard Hammond is surely busy now being the Foreign Secretary. :unsure2:

Not only that, he is also the former prime minister (landsstyreformand) of Greenland. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aleqa_Hammond :P

• Like 1

Jeremy Clarkson = Top Gear.

Chris Evans = Flop Gear.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Ex top gear team sign up to Amazon Prime.

• Like 1

Ex top gear team sign up to Amazon Prime.

is this good, bad or indifferent? I thought a TV broadcaster was the way to go. But, as much as a love top gear i cant see me paying £79 for Amazon Prime. not when the series Bluray will be £18 and could make for a excellent Christmas present.

Well, I would have much preferred Netflix (it's an internet thing out in the sticks), but as least they got a job and can continue to entertain. I do have Amazon Prime, but Netflix is just a better way when one's internet sucks butt.