Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Jack Skellington

Clinton email explanation not credible

815 posts in this topic

CRYSiiSx2

it gets better, she may be our next prez. lol

If she's voted in next election I'll have lost all faith in Americans...

• Like 4

aquatus1

Get real.

This is reality. Old people just don't think about technology the way the current generation does. Whether or not this is why Hillary did it is another question. I wouldn't be surprised either way.

She doesn't need to know how it works. The point is she had someone do it for her. This same person likely advises her on many technology related subjects.

No, I don't. And no, my mother doesn't ask me about any technology related subjects. As long as it works, she doesn't care about the particulars.

That's kind of the point. People don't inquire into things they don't really care about. There were a lot of security concerns back when mobile phones were becoming a thing as well, but most people just didn't bother taking them into consideration.

All of the smoke screens and there are still people out there who defend this decades long proven liar. Amazing.

That you regard rationality (it's not really that incredible that Hillary wouldn't have thought about this) as nothing less that a defense of a liar, is rather telling.

aquatus1

That's the beauty of this technological era: before our very eyes we are watching the undoing of the olde worlde. The internet has changed the name of the game and I'd be lying if I said I didn't love seeing these corrupt dinosaurs get exposed one after the other. Aquatus1 is right in that Hillary (and her generation) adopted the internet late in life. They may understand how to use it to a degree, but they haven't grown up with it. It's painfully obvious, hilarious even, that these dinosaurs keep playing checkers when the game changed to chess. They keep running things like it's still the Regan era not fully understanding that the walls have turned to glass and we're all watching.

The old world of politics is dying and as we all connect to the hivemind, secrets will become harder and harder to keep. For better or for worse. Unfortunately (or fortunately,) the boomers haven't quite wrapped their heads around this brave new world.

Can't say I disagree with any of this. This isn't just a new set of tools we are dealing with here. It is an entire state of mind, an entirely different way of looking at the world.

• Like 1

aquatus1

I'm not too far removed from "these poor people" and I can guarantee the majority I know of her age and older have mastered it quite well. They found that if they didn't they would not have much contact with their out of town grandchildren...especially when the grandchildren were old enough to go off to college. They manage to text, e-mail, send pictures, have different ring tones for different kids, have separate accounts for business...you name it.

"Using it" and "mastering it", are two entirely different things. The big difference in the generations aren't the monkey skills to press buttons and speak into the right end. It is the understanding of what happens along the entire process, and how that information is both vulnerable and publicly available without proper measures. I guarantee that most of your friends who have mastered their devices don't even consider that their information is being shared, without their knowledge or participation, with countless other devices, websites, etc. It simply isn't something they ever needed to worry about. Heck, even our generation was caught by surprise when they found pictures sent supposedly privately suddenly found themselves distributed throughout the internet.

aquatus1

That simple huh?

"Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."

Hanlon's Razor.

We are tallking about the SOS. You understand that... not really your mom.... yes?

You are talking about the SOS. I am talking about an older lady dealing with modern technology.

aquatus1

Again, Hillary could well have done this intentionally, intending to keep secrets (despite what we have heard that no secrets were actually being kept). I just don't find it very likely. Seeing it from her perspective, she wasn't hiding any accounts, she was turning in the records of her emails, no one from the state department was complaining, so why should she think anything was wrong?

acidhead

Again, Hillary could well have done this intentionally, intending to keep secrets (despite what we have heard that no secrets were actually being kept). I just don't find it very likely. Seeing it from her perspective, she wasn't hiding any accounts, she was turning in the records of her emails, no one from the state department was complaining, so why should she think anything was wrong?

Yeah.. it could happen to anyone. Pure circumstance. She's only human.

aquatus1

Yeah.. it could happen to anyone. Pure circumstance. She's only human.

Well, don't mistake a reason for an excuse. Whether or not she did it on purpose, she still did it. It isn't a question of guilt or responsibility. It is a question of intent and degree.

• Like 3

Shiloh17

Trust me on this! Ted Cruz will be the next President of the United States. Why? Because...he is tough as nails. He tells the truth. He has nothing to hide...no skeletons...squeeky clean. Wayyyyy smarter than Hillary...Charisma out the wazoo...he beat the Republicans heir to the Senate throne from seemingly out of nowhere. How? He works hard and he is wayyyyy smarter than his opponents.

How smart is Ted Cruz? He graduated from his High School as Validictorian. He graduated from Princeton Cum Laude (with honors). He graduated from Harvard Magna Cum Laude (the highest honors). The guy is brilliant, hard working, charismatic, and he tells the truth, and he is tough as nails and will not put on the cushy gloves against Hillary or anyone else. He plays to win....and he tells the truth. You cannot outsmart him because he is..literally...the smartest guy in any room he walks into.

He is....

...the most interesting man in the world!

Oh...and...he argued 9 cases before the Supreme Court winning 5 of them!

I'm not dissing you, or disagreeing with anything you say here. But let's go back several years ago. President Obama was a junior United States senator an was unqualified to be President as said by many (more than likely Republicans) Before that he was an Illinois Senator. Now we have United States Senator Ted Cruz who is a Junior Senator and he is a Republican likely. See how things flip flop from election to election?

• Like 1

acidhead

Well, don't mistake a reason for an excuse. Whether or not she did it on purpose, she still did it. It isn't a question of guilt or responsibility. It is a question of intent and degree.

yes!

OverSword

This is reality. Old people just don't think about technology the way the current generation does. Whether or not this is why Hillary did it is another question. I wouldn't be surprised either way.

No, I don't. And no, my mother doesn't ask me about any technology related subjects. As long as it works, she doesn't care about the particulars.

That's kind of the point. People don't inquire into things they don't really care about. There were a lot of security concerns back when mobile phones were becoming a thing as well, but most people just didn't bother taking them into consideration.

That you regard rationality (it's not really that incredible that Hillary wouldn't have thought about this) as nothing less that a defense of a liar, is rather telling.

We are not talking about your mother, Aquatus, we're talking about someone who has been in the upper echelons of government in one role or another for the last 40 or so years. She is the one who doesn't have to know how a server works or how to set up email and other apps on her phone because she has a guy that not only set all this up but likely discussed the pros and cons of various options beforehand and then instructed her on how and why to use each one. To assume that she is unaware of the what's and why's is a little naive.

• Like 3

Michelle

"Using it" and "mastering it", are two entirely different things. The big difference in the generations aren't the monkey skills to press buttons and speak into the right end. It is the understanding of what happens along the entire process, and how that information is both vulnerable and publicly available without proper measures. I guarantee that most of your friends who have mastered their devices don't even consider that their information is being shared, without their knowledge or participation, with countless other devices, websites, etc. It simply isn't something they ever needed to worry about. Heck, even our generation was caught by surprise when they found pictures sent supposedly privately suddenly found themselves distributed throughout the internet.

Oh, I think they do, considering they do a great deal of banking, bill paying and mail ordering on-line. It concerned them a great deal when it came to their finances. They are also the ones telling their children and grand-children the vulnerability of putting personal information and pictures out there where it can be hacked and accessed and can effect them in the future concerning their careers. The ones who have been raised with it are sure they know it all and believe they are invulnerable to hackers. They seem to be unconcerned something as simple as a baby monitor can give someone access to video and audio of private moments in their homes.

• Like 2

OverSword

You are talking about the SOS. I am talking about an older lady dealing with modern technology.

LOL!!! That's not an older lady. It's a power monger who is well aware of the potential pro's and cons of having control over her email communications disguised as somebody's grandmother. She took a gamble that it wouldn't become an issue and things didn't pan out the way she hoped it would.

• Like 3

spartan max2

I think some people fail to grasp why this is a big deal. The goverment archives all goverment emails so that there is a record. It's about being transparent.

So since she used her personal email it's not achieved.

So she has HER TEAM go through and separate what she figured was work and what was personal. And then deleted 30k emails.

So no outside people looked at them. People who work for her did.

And I will add that if the Secretary of State dosnt understand how a smart phones works then maybe she shouldn't be SOS. But she knows how it works. She's not that dumb

• Like 4

Michelle

Since the applicable Codes of Federal Regulations and related legal requirements are quite lengthy and detailed, an abbreviated list of requirements pertinent to Ms. Clinton's e-mails, texts, and personal servers follows:

44 U.S. Code Section 3101-Records management by agency heads; general duties: The head of each Federal agency shall make and preserve records containing adequate and proper documentation of the organization, functions, policies, decisions, procedures, and essential transactions of the agency and designed to furnish the information necessary to protect the legal and financial rights of the Government and of persons directly affected by the agency’s activities. (Note: Former Secretary of State Clinton is specifically designated by this U.S Code for ensuring agency-wide compliance with federal record keeping duties at the US State Department.)

NARA (National Archives and Records Administration) Bulletin 2011-03, December 22, 2010 (abbreviated list): If an agency decides to use e-mail archiving applications to manage Federal records the agency is responsible for addressing those areas where the applications do not meet the requirements of the Federal Records Act and applicable NARA regulations. (Note: Since Ms. Clinton admitted that she used her own servers and personal devices, she failed to comply with these requirements.)

cont...

http://www.chattanoo...n-s-Emails.aspx

This is a letter to the editor from a newspaper, among several others, but the information is valid.

Edited by Michelle
  • Like 1

OverSword

That server needs to be confiscated ASAP. Otherwise one of her people will take hammers to the hard drives and throw them in a swamp if this hasn't already happened.

• Like 2

Big Jim

How many people who don't understand the technology have servers installed in their basement? That fact alone shows that she had a deep understanding of the way things work. It's not that she doesn't understand what she's doing but that she's hoping we don't understand what she's doing. She apparently considers her base to be as ignorant of technology as they are of politics. To hell with what the rest of us think, she didn't have our vote anyway.

• Like 7

Jack Skellington

Lame

Keep trying though. It's fun to watch people honestly TRY to defend dishonesty.

• Like 1

aquatus1

Lame

Keep trying though. It's fun to watch people honestly TRY to defend dishonesty.

It's like anti-rationality. No matter what, this HAS to be about politics. It's inconceivable that any comment could possibly have anything else to do with it.

I've made my point, some of you disagree. Good on most of you who have actual reasons. Jack, you are not included.

• Like 1

OverSword

I get where you're coming from and it's not only politics for my part. Yes I'm politically conservative so would never be likely to vote centrist democrat regardless, additionally I always vote 3rd party for the office of president because Washington voters votes don't count for much as far as electing presidents go and I figure the best way to send the message to the big two is that you don't get my vote so it won't be mistaken as a nod of approval to either side. My issue is that Hilary rubbed me the wrong way from day one as first lady and then watching everything she has done since and studying what came before tells me that my instincts about her are correct. She is not a good person, she's accomplished nothing politically and continually lied and threw temper tantrums whenever questioned about her immoral actions. She sucks. I don't like her. She's not fit for office. This whole email fiasco is just one more nail in her political coffin.

Edited by OverSword
  • Like 5

Merc14

It's like anti-rationality. No matter what, this HAS to be about politics. It's inconceivable that any comment could possibly have anything else to do with it.

I've made my point, some of you disagree. Good on most of you who have actual reasons. Jack, you are not included.

Hillary has an iPad, iPod, Blackberry, iPhone and mini iPad. Hillary ran the Bimbo eruption squad during Bill's elections that attacked and vilified countless women in the most egregious manner possible. If you are unaware of this I can offer many links and a book but I assume it is common knowledge after so many years. Hell, George Stephanopoulos talks about it. Hillary made $100,000 on a $1,000 investment in cattle futures without a clue how the commodities market works. Hillary has a lot of other dirt f you want me to dig it all out again but you can google as well as me

• Like 4

Ashotep

She thinks we are as stupid as those 47 repukathons that sent a letter to Iran. All of them are unelectable.

• Like 1

Ashotep

How many people who don't understand the technology have servers installed in their basement? That fact alone shows that she had a deep understanding of the way things work. It's not that she doesn't understand what she's doing but that she's hoping we don't understand what she's doing. She apparently considers her base to be as ignorant of technology as they are of politics. To hell with what the rest of us think, she didn't have our vote anyway.

She couldn't figure out how to have two emails addresses on one phone. Yea right, I can figure that out and I'm drunk and only have a high school education but I'm not trying to make excuses.

Likely Guy

I live where there are no cell phones or high speed internet.

Can you guys slow down so that I catch up to the conversation?