Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Handprint/s on mirror

Stefni

So, I'm actually new to this forum as I've decided it was time to see if anyone has had any similar experiences as mine.

Really strange looking handprints or finger marks have been appearing on one of my bathroom mirrors for the past 8 or 9 months.

I realize that there are always going to be the skeptics and what-not so to answer an inevitable question by those of you, no, I never touched this mirror or have ever felt the need to do so, I live with my boyfriend and once again, no, he has never touched it or has ever felt the need to either.

The first time I noticed the hand print was during my shower, I didn't think too much about it and after washing, I wiped the mirror clean with a wet cloth.

I started noticing it every now and then and had asked my boyfriend if he had perhaps touched it, he said no, and that was when I showed him and we were both pretty freaked out.

I make a point now of taking photo's of these prints because I know for a fact it's not us and they appear in different places every time. Sometimes I notice them in the mornings when I wak up and sometimes I notice them only when I get back home from work, and I'm the first one to get home everyday.

The mirror gets properly cleaned and wiped down every time leaving behind a squeaky clean mirror. They used to happen monthly, sometimes weekly and now they're happening more frequently, like every 2 - 4 days. They always look similar, skinny, long, bony looking with sharp defined tips.

I woke up the other night to what sounded like someone bathing and water from a tap dripping. I was too afraid to get out of bed to see so I woke my boyfriend up to close the bedroom door.

Since then I struggle sleeping, I feel like something else is present and usually wake up to find a fresh new print on the mirror.

This mirror is mounted to the wall and we just rent the apartment, should I cover the mirror with newspaper or something? There's another mirror directly opposite the one that usually has the marks on and I've heard you should never have 2 mirrors facing each other, not too sure about that whole myth though.

The attached photo's are the most recent ones I've taken, this was on Monday 9 February 2015. I've since cleaned the mirror again and I'm very patiently awaiting the next lot :/

post-153995-0-06171400-1426161732_thumb.

post-153995-0-95192800-1426161736_thumb.

post-153995-0-75581200-1426161741_thumb.

• Like 1

Okay, thats pretty creepy.

Do you think maybe you're being haunted by a poltergeist?

Did you have a dead pet?

Maybe it's that pet trying to tell you something.

"break up with your boyfriend.... theres a cooler guy named joke train out there..."

• Like 1

Okay, thats pretty creepy.

Do you think maybe you're being haunted by a poltergeist?

Did you have a dead pet?

Maybe it's that pet trying to tell you something.

"break up with your boyfriend.... theres a cooler guy named joke train out there..."

I hope it's no poltergeist, I'm just tryna figure out what the hell to do aboudit, I can't even use the bathroom without being paranoid anymore :unsure2:

As for the dead pet....I've lost 2 rats (the one meant a serious deal to me!) but he passed away after I was having these experiences, maybe it's the previous one lol I doubt though, the prints look almost human-like.

I hope it's no poltergeist, I'm just tryna figure out what the hell to do aboudit, I can't even use the bathroom without being paranoid anymore :unsure2:

As for the dead pet....I've lost 2 rats (the one meant a serious deal to me!) but he passed away after I was having these experiences, maybe it's the previous one lol I doubt though, the prints look almost human-like.

Depends on how large the rat is really.

Did you just move to this house?

Check out the history of the place, even find out who used to live there.

Nah these prints are pretty big, long scrawny fingers, even longer than my boyfriends fingers.

I've been here for almost a year and a half.

I've asked my landlord and she says she never experienced anything like this and the previous tenants never mentioned anything before either. I think I'm not being told something, I do know these flats are very very old.

• 2 weeks later...

Have you thoroughly cleaned the mirror with Windex?

i mean, really scrubbed it down?

• Like 2

I saw someone post on here before with a similar problem but I believe it was thier laptop. Looked like three fingerprints maybe worth finding that thread... that is really creepy.

Stefni, Very interesting post! At first I thought that perhaps the prints were caused by a pet or some other small animal that found a way into your home. My dogs are really good at leaving nose prints on glass I have just cleaned...the little dickens! But then a more sinister thought popped into my mind. You mentioned you rented... and I wondered if perhaps you had a snoopy landlord?? You could have a friendly poltergeist, but I always like to totally rule out natural causes before I consider supernatural ones....

Have you thoroughly cleaned the mirror with Windex?

i mean, really scrubbed it down?

I saw someone post on here before with a similar problem but I believe it was thier laptop. Looked like three fingerprints maybe worth finding that thread... that is really creepy.

Stefni, Very interesting post! At first I thought that perhaps the prints were caused by a pet or some other small animal that found a way into your home. My dogs are really good at leaving nose prints on glass I have just cleaned...the little dickens! But then a more sinister thought popped into my mind. You mentioned you rented... and I wondered if perhaps you had a snoopy landlord?? You could have a friendly poltergeist, but I always like to totally rule out natural causes before I consider supernatural ones....

Hi again everyone. To answer your questions... yes I very thoroughly clean the mirror even tried the last time with alcohol as I've read somewhere that it properly removes any stains and marks which it certainly did. My landlord doesn't live in the city I'm in so I doubt she'd be making an effort to drive all the way down here just to snoop and leave creepy handprints on my mirror haha!! definitely not animal marks, the handprints look much larger than mine and my boyfriends hands and i only own 3 fancy rats who are in 2 specially designated areas, they wouldn't have access to the bathroom nor would they be able to reach the height of this mirror. I discovered 2 new/fresh prints on the one corner again this evening, I'm freaked out cos there's drips running down from where the finger marks are, like a dirty water. I wanted to post the photos here again but I'm not sure how to add pics. I've since covered the one mirror facing it with a towel because even that one now has these weird dirty water splash marks over it. I don't think I have anything here that I should worry about too much yet, nothing else strange is happening, I just feel very uneasy in my bathroom for obvious reasons. Things like this always seemed to have fascinated me but not when they're happening to me lol

Aaahhh yes I figured how to add pics from my phone now but the resolution is too high, gonna see if I can downsize the pics in the meantime cos I'm not on a pc at the moment.

Edited by Stefni

Not the best quality and the light coming through the windows made it super difficult at capturing the pics at this angle but anyhoo, here you go :)

post-153995-0-71923200-1427495068_thumb.

post-153995-0-35507400-1427495097_thumb.

post-153995-0-96431900-1427495125_thumb.

post-153995-0-76918400-1427495140_thumb.

Edited by Stefni

• 7 months later...

Same thing has been happening to me for the last 4 days there has been a hand print in my mirror after I get out the shower and I clean it with winder every time. I have lived in this condo for 8 months and this is the first time it's happened. For some reason I am not frightened I'm just weirded out. I take pictures each time this happens. I don't know how to post them but I do have them. Recently my 28 year old cousin got killed in a car crash but we weren't that close. I just want answers.

• 2 weeks later...

That has never happened to me but it's very spooky.

I have only seen it in movies.

Have you been playing bloody mary by any chance ?

Why not perform an experiment. Tape some paper over the mirror and pour flour along the floor below the it.

• 6 months later...

I couldn't see your pictures, but I have been having the exact same experience. They would appear in my kids bathroom mirror and in their bedroom mirror. Which is a whole new bedroom set. There would be child size prints. Adult size and one that was skeletal looking. I could actually see a man figure within this one with the number 8 within the print twice. It's creepy as hell. My daughter has told me recently she's seen it. Says it's a man. Before that she said she seen something run from their room to mine real fast "like a cheetah" afterwards she told me she saw it and it looked at her mean with a bloody shirt. It's time to pack the hell up!! :(

On 12/03/2015 at 11:02 PM, Stefni said:

So, I'm actually new to this forum as I've decided it was time to see if anyone has had any similar experiences as mine.

Really strange looking handprints or finger marks have been appearing on one of my bathroom mirrors for the past 8 or 9 months.

I realize that there are always going to be the skeptics and what-not so to answer an inevitable question by those of you, no, I never touched this mirror or have ever felt the need to do so, I live with my boyfriend and once again, no, he has never touched it or has ever felt the need to either.

The first time I noticed the hand print was during my shower, I didn't think too much about it and after washing, I wiped the mirror clean with a wet cloth.

I started noticing it every now and then and had asked my boyfriend if he had perhaps touched it, he said no, and that was when I showed him and we were both pretty freaked out.

I make a point now of taking photo's of these prints because I know for a fact it's not us and they appear in different places every time. Sometimes I notice them in the mornings when I wak up and sometimes I notice them only when I get back home from work, and I'm the first one to get home everyday.

The mirror gets properly cleaned and wiped down every time leaving behind a squeaky clean mirror. They used to happen monthly, sometimes weekly and now they're happening more frequently, like every 2 - 4 days. They always look similar, skinny, long, bony looking with sharp defined tips.

I woke up the other night to what sounded like someone bathing and water from a tap dripping. I was too afraid to get out of bed to see so I woke my boyfriend up to close the bedroom door.

Since then I struggle sleeping, I feel like something else is present and usually wake up to find a fresh new print on the mirror.

This mirror is mounted to the wall and we just rent the apartment, should I cover the mirror with newspaper or something? There's another mirror directly opposite the one that usually has the marks on and I've heard you should never have 2 mirrors facing each other, not too sure about that whole myth though.

The attached photo's are the most recent ones I've taken, this was on Monday 9 February 2015. I've since cleaned the mirror again and I'm very patiently awaiting the next lot :/

20150309_182741_resized_1.jpg

20150309_182755_resized_1.jpg

20150309_182810_resized_1.jpg

Hey has anything happened to you guys mirrors since this post was uploaded ? I'm experiencing some similar stuff ... creepy as hell

After I saw the handprints on my mirror I ha a very terrifying experience so I ended up having to go to a church. They told me I needed to bless and anoint my condo. After I did that I haven't experienced the handprints again. I just now make sure I am spiritually in the right and continue to pray everyday. I know how you guys feel about this happening I'm still kind of uneasy in my condo. I move out at the end of this month. My next place I will definitely bless before I move into.

9 hours ago, Jerry243 said:

After I saw the handprints on my mirror I ha a very terrifying experience so I ended up having to go to a church. They told me I needed to bless and anoint my condo. After I did that I haven't experienced the handprints again. I just now make sure I am spiritually in the right and continue to pray everyday. I know how you guys feel about this happening I'm still kind of uneasy in my condo. I move out at the end of this month. My next place I will definitely bless before I move into.

You blessed your apartment and the magical happenings stopped happening? :rolleyes:

The point about properly cleaning the mirror is an important one.  Glass can have a tiny amount of porosity, especially if it is older or has permanent 'watermarks' - so tiny amounts of oils could be leaching out, or it could even be the mirror backing (although your pics suggest it is on the front). Those marks look a bit suspiciously like deliberate/accidental 'squirts' of something, eg watered down toothpaste/mouthwash spat from one's mouth - are you sure your bf isn't messing with you, or that one of your bathroom habits isn't the cause?

Anyway, OP, I presume you or your bf have a laptop or can borrow one?

Set it up (there's lots of free programs available) so that its webcam is facing the mirror and it will start recording at the first sign of any movement.  Preferably get someone credible to help with how to properly keep all the data and then review and document it - I'd hesitate to suggest a paranormal investigator as .. er some of them are charlata not very good..  Also try to find a decent photographer who will know how to light the mirror to show the marks in detail, right down to showing detail in the fingerprints, in high resolution.  If I was in your region I'd happily help, but I'm "down under"..

Then get back to us.  But usually as soon as you set up a camera or get serious about documenting it, all 'activity' ceases.....

Edited by ChrLzs
to fix spelin

Just wondering how the investigations were going...?  I note the OP has not been back to the forum since just after her last post, over 2 weeks ago.

I guess whatever it was, got her.  :o

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
On 3/12/2015 at 7:02 AM, Stefni said:

post-153995-0-06171400-1426161732_thumb.

post-153995-0-95192800-1426161736_thumb.

post-153995-0-75581200-1426161741_thumb.

Hello, you should definitely get rid of at least one of the mirrors (preferably the one with handprints) by putting salt on it and burning it.  Salt is supposed to ward off evil spirits, or if the spirit has unfinished buissness it will put it to rest and it will not bug you anymore.  I’m being very serious.  These things can be very dangerous, trust me, I know.

39 minutes ago, Unknown ID said:

Hello, you should definitely get rid of at least one of the mirrors (preferably the one with handprints) by putting salt on it and burning it.  Salt is supposed to ward off evil spirits, or if the spirit has unfinished buissness it will put it to rest and it will not bug you anymore.  I’m being very serious.  These things can be very dangerous, trust me, I know.

Too late advice. The topic is 3 years old so we have to assume that the OP got eaten by the mirrors already. Horror!

• Like 4

21 hours ago, toast said:

Too late advice. The topic is 3 years old..

And it's been 3 years since the OP was last here. There's little point in keeping this thread open.

• The topic was locked