Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

War: Bible's End-Time Prophecies True?

UM-Bot

Then the sixth angel blew his trumpet, and I heard a voice from the four horns of the golden altar before God, saying to the sixth angel who had the trumpet, "Release the four angels who are bound at the great river Euphrates.

" So the four angels were released, who had been held ready for the hour, the day, the month, and the year, to kill a third of humankind. The number of the troops of cavalry was two hundred million; I heard their number.

news icon View: Full Article | Source: Netscape Network News

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bizarro

• bigsteff

• Hobo

• Homer

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't want to pass judgement on this as a theory it is quite scarry .

I did how ever want to mention that I was watching a doco on Saddam last night that said he had the backing of Russia and China both being comunist countries it makes a lot of sense.

It brought back a memory of one of Nostradamus's prophocies of the third world war which translated as ," the Bear and the Yellow man will be united ". That is not an accurate translation I know .

It was suggested when I first heard it that the Bear represented Russia and The yellow man China .

However I think a lot of this was disscussed 12 years ago during Dessert Storm.

So I went searching for the prophesie I was after and I found this one..

Comme un Gryphon viendra le roy d'Europe

Accompagne de ceux d'Aquilon

De rouges et blancs conduira grande troupe

Et iront contre le Roy de Babylon

It translated like this....

Like a mythical warrior griffin shall come the king of Europe

Accompanied by those of Northern region

Reds and whites shall conduct a great troop

And shall fight against the king of Babylon

What I found interesting is that a Griffin is a mythical creature which is part Lion and part Eagle and if I'm not mistaken are both the Animal Symbols for England and America.

Heres the source Our lady Freeserve

The site dosen't appear to have been updated for quite some time though.

heh and he is obsessed with babylonian culture, hes even rebuilding some of it out there.

hey will someone post a good link to the book of revelations?

thanks...

10:9 And I went unto the angel, and said unto him, Give me the little book. And he said unto me, Take it, and eat it up; and it shall make thy belly bitter, but it shall be in thy mouth sweet as honey.

10:10 And I took the little book out of the angel's hand, and ate it up; and it was in my mouth sweet as honey: and as soon as I had eaten it, my belly was bitter

may explain somethings, reminds me of my misspent youth.

11:15 And the seventh angel sounded; and there were great voices in heaven, saying, The kingdoms of this world are become the kingdoms of our Lord, and of his Christ; and he shall reign for ever and ever.

sounds like an invaision.

13:16 And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads: 13:17 And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.

hmm dont think saddam or ben lauden could do this, but bush?

14:8 And there followed another angel, saying, Babylon is fallen, is fallen, that great city, because she made all nations drink of the wine of the wrath of her fornication.

well it seems iraq falls

15:2 And I saw as it were a sea of glass mingled with fire: and them that had gotten the victory over the beast, and over his image, and over his mark, and over the number of his name, stand on the sea of glass, having the harps of God.

the aftermath of an desert nuclear blast?

I do know the one thing about this. Is that we have to be careful how we interpret what Revelations may be saying. As it says in the last chapters.

Rev.22:18 For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book: And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.

Thats kinda scary to me in itself.

Revelation doesnt scare me. in the end, Jesus returns and reigns on Earth. it was only a dream and dreams arent literal, they are more symbolic.

i really don't think this is the end of the world, more likely the end of Saddam.

not to mention the book has been translated through several languages before it got to this form.

not to get off topic or offend but anyone know why in most judea-christian orginizations a book like this symbolism but genisis is literal?

I also agree with DS and racerette.. its probably not the end, but I still dont want a war! Why cant the US and iraq just stop? Killing innocent people isnt going to help. It'll just drag them deeper into hate!!!

maybe the end isnt the end of everything..but the end of a way of life.

maybe after the war people will thinkand act differntly and the world would be a different place.....maybe....hopefully

Not only do I not believe this is the end, I don’t believe there is an end. But that doesn’t mean I don’t think this situation isn’t scary scared.gif

what is this book of fiction that your all talking about...lol

did god make adam and eve

or

did life begin in that big bowl of soup......would write it down but spelling is mince lmao

it can't be both..can it ohmy.gif

I truly believe that the book of Revelation is nothing more then a fairly tale. The Bible, though having a sound message and great moralistic attitude, seams a lot more interested in control of its followers then on living morally. The dogma assosiated with the Catholic church was designed to keep the masses in a perpetual state of confusion. It contradicts itself and preaches "blind faith" and alegance to an all knowing all seeing Father-figure who wags its finger at you saying "Do what I say or I spank you". The book of revelation is similar to this idea. The existance of the book is yet another way the Church tries to control its masses by saying " Follow our lead or you'll burn with all the other heathens"

What scares me the most is that every book in the bible can be interperated to suit the politics of the reader. The church is nothing more then a business. A Business that sells the promise of salvation for the price of blind alegance and a life time of subserveance.

I was raised a Catholic and went to Catholic schools my entire life. And after spending most of my younger years being force fed Catholic dogma, it wasn't until I started investagating the Church itself that I learned that the church itself is nothing more then a Corperation bend on mass control.

In the book supressed book of James (Jesus's brother...another element the catholic church has supressed) He quotes Jesus saying " Look under a rock and you'll find me, split a peice of wood and I am there". This basically means that Jesus Himself was against a formal organized church. Anyone who follows the Catholic Religon or any Christian sect is practacing a false faith.

I'm not against religion itself, just any faith that practaces the propaganda of "Our faith is the only correct one". Jesus taught tolerance twoard other faiths, Why weren't the churches brass listening????

StarChild

come on, Starchild.

why is it that people are so opposed to christianity? there has to be religion, and part of religion is that there are rules and customs. the catholic church is nothing more than a longstanding version of christianity- although it got deeply wrapped up in all kinds of wars and corruption in its past. its a direct result of years of evolution and tradition- of course, its going to be very dated and strict but that is precisely why its lasted this long. its longevity is proof that it has done something right.

i find it difficult to believe that my priest is trying to mind control me. if i don't like the rules of the church i can leave. its that simple. without rules and rituals, would it be a religion?

when you say the 'suppressed' book of James who is suppressing it? every christian faith has to pick and choose what books it believes to be accurate and that is based on the study of theologians from a time where they could actually judge the accuracy on fact. we don't have that privelege. when you say that you believe what that book says and not what the catholic church taught you, don't you see the forest for the trees. how can your belief that the book of James is fact be any different from the catholic church believing its not accurate? both require one element: faith.

you choose to put your faith in a belief that is counter to the catholic church for some reason other than what you've stated. maybe you didn't like what they taught you because it was too hard for you to swallow so you've taken the easy path instead? how convienient it is for someone to create their own faith from a hodpodge of things they agree with versus following a faith that requires discipline and effort to maintain. you rationalize your new faith by making an enemy of the old one- it is only out to control people. how ridiculous. then you justify your own intolerance of the faith by criticizing it for being intolerant.

people are free to choose whatever faith they want to follow in this life. i see that you have chosen your own path and that's wonderful. please, consider not insulting my faith by calling it a false faith. what is a false faith? faith itself has no proof to justify it at all- which is precisely why its called faith. you have to believe in what you can't prove to be true at all. when you say i follow a false faith, you assume to have some proof that shows it to be false. would you care to share that proof? biggrin.gif

here is something i fail to understand.....when talking about god/christ the bible..the roman catholic church preach as if it is their faith..they founded it and the pontif/pope...is the link between man and his creator......now if that is what people want to believe then that is up to them,,,we all should be aloud to believe in our own god(s)....after all who is to say who is right or wrong..but the thing is ,if we are to believe what we are told...christ was a jew,,and am i correct in saying he was nailed to a cross by the romans...who later...couple of hundred years later decided that yea christ was right there is only one true god,,oh and we'll just take him for ourselfs.( we are now christians,the one and only christian faith is the holy catholic church.,,and if they were so remorseful for their sins and blastfemy. why is it that roman chatholics wear a cross showing christ nailed to a cross....just a query...

oh and how can it be both...i mean lets be honest...the bible was written a couple of hundred years after christ died....i mean come on who played chinese whispers.....first word is money ,,,gets to the last person it's funny............story changed ...i fought one dragon...i fought 101 dragons....you get the point i hope......if god did not create adam and eve...then that's one false story in the great book then..

i am not out to offend anyone....so if you are offened then i oppolgise....hope that is the right spelling ....

the Romans didn't try to take christianity from the christians, it was forced upon them. their population was being converted out from under their control. it was a cultural revolution that forever altered their empire.

why do people wear a cross? because it is a symbol of faith in the ressurection of Christ. Catholics are very big on iconic symbols. one of the main differences between muslims and christians is that muslims scorn all icons and christians do not. the religions themselves are not much different and in some areas actually overlap. Roman Catholicism utilizes art and symbols as a part of its message. some of this is actually a remnant of their religion as it existed before christianity.

the old testament was written before Christ. the new testament was written by the disciples of Christ for the most part. it was not hundreds of years after, and was written by those closest to Christ. one of the most interesting things to me about the new testament is that you can read the different accounts of the disciples and they differ slightly(a few stories here and there) but are essentially the same story. you can do your own fact checking or interpreting.

still don't get the crucifix that catholic people wear...how is this about ressurection when he's nailed to a cross......also could you clear up another thing for me...in the the big book(the bible) there are 10 rules(10 commandments) the second being

thou shalt have no other gods before me.thou shalt not make unto thyself any graven image,or likeness of any thing that is in heaven above,or that is on the earth beneath,etc etc etc

yet the chatolic people pray to the virgin mary....don't figure

or are the 10 commandments different in all religion.....this is from the

catechism for jewish children

as far as i recall christ was a jew..or am i getting mixed up somewhere

nothing against catholics by the way ,,incase anyone thinks i'm being a bigot towards their faith..just asking some questions that i bet a lot of people are curious about..nothing but love to our fellow man or woman for that matter lol wub.gif

the crucifix is a symbol of Christ's death. that is why its the choice for a symbol of belief in his ressurection. if you believe he died on the cross, you also believe that he was ressurected- due to the accounts of people seeing him after he was on the cross with the holes still in his body.

like i said, the Romans worshipped many different gods before they were converted to christianity. their emphasis on icons is what separates them from other sects of christianity. you have to imagine how difficult it was to convert people from worshipping pagan gods(often having altars and items of worship in their homes) to practicing christianity. one way they accomplished this was by utilizing religious icons- often a small painting depicting a well known scene in the life of Christ. some people kept small books of pictures showing these scenes as well. they do not worship these images, they use them as a visual reminder of their faith. also, the stained glass windows of churches, the ceiling frescoes, etc., all serve the same purpose.

the virgin Mary thing is a whole different story. they believe that Mary was a special person among mankind because God chose her to bear Christ. since Mary was mortal but now is in heaven with Christ, Catholics believe that she has a special position of understanding and compassion for man. if you pray to Mary, you pray that she will hear your prayer and sort of lobby for it in heaven. similar to Jesus. Catholics don't worship her, they just pray to her because they believe she is near to Jesus.

Christ was a jew. the jews didn't accept Jesus as the son of God. that is why christianity is a separate religion. the belief that Jesus was the son of God is central to the christian faith. that is also why there is an old and new testament of the Bible. most of the old testament is based on Judaism. its essentially the same Bible. the new testament is the life and times of Christ and is not included in Judaism.

thanks for the info...d.s.....

a lesson to be learned here for a lot of people

if people took more time to understand other peoples religion,then the world wouldn't be in the state it's in.....becuase most conflicts past and present are all about religion..... smile.gif