Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Living dodo captured on video

Zero2Hero

Saw this on Cryptomundo and was surprised that no one was discussing it, I thought it would make a change from Slenderman/werewolf threads.....

What do we think?

Impressive CGI if it's fake, which I am 99% certain it is. Apparently it was shot in Costa Rica, is there any logical reason to suggest that the Dodo ever lived there?

• Like 5

Awesome CG if that's the case..but what if..what if it's genuine! :o

• Like 1

Dodos were transported by human all over, so it's not impossible for some to have survived in some remote jungle. I can't say if this is one or not really, so it could be.

I would add that right at the very last it walks right in front of the camera giving a good view of it. It certainly looks like one from pictures available on the web, but it could be a hoax or a misidentification.

Edited by KevinP

If this is just CGI, than that's some really good CGI. If it's real, than that's awesome.

Must be a hoax. If it was real it'd probably be front page news. Not just another vid on Cryptomundo

• Like 2

The only backstory I could find was that it was captured on film in Costa Rica.

If a hoax I'd assume puppetry over CGI anyways - you never see the bottom half of the bird. It appears in the left corner, then the right, and then too close to the screen to see the legs. That in itself gives the video a red flag.

And of course if real, that would be great!

• Like 2

The only backstory I could find was that it was captured on film in Costa Rica.

Which is odd as the dodo was from Mauritius, and island where it thrived with no predators, until man came along, who found them so stupid they were easy to catch and eat. In a jungle elsewhere there are too many predators for such a dumb bird to survive

• Like 4

Which is odd as the dodo was from Mauritius, and island where it thrived with no predators, until man came along, who found them so stupid they were easy to catch and eat. In a jungle elsewhere there are too many predators for such a dumb bird to survive

Maybe that's why this story hasn't broke out on any news lines... The bird is too stupid and will surely go extinct again so why get excited... :D

Yes. The second "circled" shot you can really see it's the backside of a chicken (?) or something that resembles a chicken. The CGI actually breaks away from the backend of the bird at one point. It's not even good CGI. :no:

• Like 2

I was suspicious of the lizard too! He looks well shady..

• Like 1

Yes. The second "circled" shot you can really see it's the backside of a chicken (?) or something that resembles a chicken. The CGI actually breaks away from the backend of the bird at one point. It's not even good CGI. :no:

I examined the part you're talking about and the first time saw the break you mention but the second time realized that it was an illusion caused by a cluster of three leaves between the camera and the bird. I see no reason to believe this is CGI .

It would be awesome if it were true.

I guess my question is why exactly would someone set up a video camera right in that particular spot. It seems like kind of an odd place, does it not?

• Like 1

I was suspicious of the lizard too! He looks well shady..

the lizard is up to something. its not even scared being with a living fossil.

• Like 1

Whatever it is, it's fun. Thanks for posting.

I just saw the American Dad Dodo episode. Lol.

• Like 1

A thus far unknown variant related to the Dodo ?

Probably burrower and spends most of its existence underground ~ alike the platypus ~ hmmmm ... now that would make for a nice story synopsis ... just pick a more monstrous creature , and lots and lots of half naked people as 'prey'

~

I examined the part you're talking about and the first time saw the break you mention but the second time realized that it was an illusion caused by a cluster of three leaves between the camera and the bird. I see no reason to believe this is CGI .

I'll go look at it again sweetie and look for what you're talking about here.

I still find it questionable around the :37 to :38 mark. I do see the "three leaves". I'm not convinced. Oh well...