Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Living dodo captured on video

Zero2Hero

I'd really, really like this to be true!

No it's real! You can't dispute video evidence..:P

Edited by DefenceMinisterMishkin
  • Like 2

Are we not going to discuss the teleporting lizard that is in that video.

Want kind of reptilian warlock is that beast?

• Like 3

We could talk about the warlock lizard! But what if he's listening?

I will say this, the movements are very natural for a ground dwelling foraging bird. But, Green Iguana are not generally active at night, they tend to climb trees where they are safer from predators, and without the heat of the sun they can be pretty lethargic so this is a bit of a red flag before we even consider the "Dodo."

For the this to be real (assuming it is in Costa Rica) it would mean more than one bird reached Central America from Mauritius without having been eaten by sailors. I suppose upon reaching shore seafarers might ditch the Dodo in favor of other fare. But this was not a bird used to a predator filled environment which Costa Rica certainly is. Cougar, Jaguar, Ocelots, Crocodiles, Boas as well as venomous snakes. It seems rather unlikely a colony of Dodo would survive up until the present day. If this was filmed on an offshore island the chances go up for survival as there are likely to be far fewer predators.

One thing for sure, if this is genuine footage they need to put out a whole series of cameras and try to get more video.

• Like 2

Seems legit. Although the iguana seems to be a captive or pet type. If a hoax very well done. Discusting what man did to the Dodo. I hope they can be brought back someday.

• Like 1

the dodo can replace the chicken. then we can ask the question "which came first, the dodo or the egg?"

Every second I expect a song..."I like to move it move it", in comes a giraf, hippo, penguins, and some story of getting on a ship to Madagascar....

• Like 3

He looks delicious.

Hold on ! Thats how they got extinct in the first place...being dumb, and tasty...

Despite the fact that in all likeness, this is a hoax, we have to keep an open mind about how difficult it is to entirely deem a species extinct. So much of earth is not properly discovered, and so many species are mis-identified. There have also been supposed sightings of Thylacine. Highly highly unlikely that these reports are legitimate, but with recently "extinct" animals such as these, that continue to have supposed "sightings" we'll never REALLY know either way without proof.

• Like 2

Despite the fact that in all likeness, this is a hoax, we have to keep an open mind about how difficult it is to entirely deem a species extinct. So much of earth is not properly discovered, and so many species are mis-identified. There have also been supposed sightings of Thylacine. Highly highly unlikely that these reports are legitimate, but with recently "extinct" animals such as these, that continue to have supposed "sightings" we'll never REALLY know either way without proof.

animals like these are extinct for a reason. they weren't strong enough to survive. evolution has left them behind. chickens dominate the world now.

animals like these are extinct for a reason. they weren't strong enough to survive. evolution has left them behind. chickens dominate the world now.

*sound of loud conspiracy theorists with picket signs* THE CHICKENPOCOLYPSE IS UPON US, FEAR FOR YOUR LIVES, KFC, THEY HAVE COME FOR REVENGE!

• Like 1

*sound of loud conspiracy theorists with picket signs* THE CHICKENPOCOLYPSE IS UPON US, FEAR FOR YOUR LIVES, KFC, THEY HAVE COME FOR REVENGE!

good thing i don't eat chicken. well sometimes i eat them. mostly i only eat their unborn chicks. so im safe.

• Like 1

If this is true, then I will have to save up for a bigger roasting dish and oven.

Hoax. Why is the focus only sharp on the lizard and not the bird, even when the bird is up close too?

I think someone took a very young bird, added some markings, maybe even a little puddy to the beak, blurred the camera just enough and the rest is...just another geeky attention troll laughing their ass off at going viral.

• Like 1

The only backstory I could find was that it was captured on film in Costa Rica.

If a hoax I'd assume puppetry over CGI anyways - you never see the bottom half of the bird. It appears in the left corner, then the right, and then too close to the screen to see the legs. That in itself gives the video a red flag.

And of course if real, that would be great!

I vote puppet also. The movement looks too normal to me to be CG. Fits in too well with the background.

But like was said it should have been a lot taller, so that says puppet also to me.

• Like 1

I am a certified Megalodon trapper. I run a clean ship, no shady practices or dodgy business partners. I operate a large scale operation and I am a professional.

This is dangerous work and only those with the training and knowledge of these majestic beasts should attempt to interact with them.

Like I say, I am a professional.

Just be sure you have a "bigger boat" on hand when out fishing.....

jaws_eating_captain_quint.jpg

• Like 2

I'd agree with Youtube user Arielpunk : KK, this is totally fake: iguanas aren't very high off the ground, right? And the camera was low enough that the iguana had to kind of look up a little into it, and you could see its legs as it walked right in front of the camera. So the camera must've been quite low. But when the dodo walks in front, the camera is high enough to show its chest & head- given relatively normal.

And I kept my mouse pointer on the broken off twig tip on the middle left side of the screen, when the iguana was there and the dodo and the camera never changed height or position, indicating CGI to me unless that was a 4 inch high dodo bird.

The CGI is good if this is a hoax. But, as someone already pointed out, it is far too small to be a dodo. They were a metre tall, and this one was a mite smaller.

• Like 1

The CGI is good if this is a hoax. But, as someone already pointed out, it is far too small to be a dodo. They were a metre tall, and this one was a mite smaller.

or maybe the lizard was big.

• Like 1