Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Israel election

Occult1

Racist and Bigots are the 2 words that spring to mind at the moment. Neither of which are good traits to be proud of. Remember the Nazi party in Germany 1935 onwards? Jews were told that they were free to leave Germany (along with Gypsies, homosexuals, Intellectuals etc) Exactly the same... this is just a perverted sense of revenge on an undefended population... sound familiar?

Second Highlight (mine) not even close, so please use the word "literally" as it is meant to be used.

You'recertainly free to judge me in any way you like but when you decide to correct me on the use of my native language you might have a care to be sure you are correct first...otherwise it makes you seem a tad, uh, silly.

lit·er·al·ly

ˈlidərəlē,ˈlitrəlē/

adverb

• in a literal manner or sense; exactly.

"the driver
    took it literally
    when asked to go straight across the traffic circle"

synonyms:
    ;
    More

And as usual, when I am wrong I will admit it and in this case I DID get the numbers wrong
    :

• The Arab nations are represented by 21 separate countries (see Table). There is only one Jewish nation with a tiny country, Israel.
    The combined territories of Arab countries is 650 fold greater than Israel
    (see map above comparing size of Israel versus those of Arab countries). Their population is 50 fold greater than Israel. The average per capita GDP in Arab countries is $3,700 versus $18,000 for Israel. This despite the fact that many Arab countries have world's richest oil resources.

Edited by and then

Congrats to Mr Netanyahu. I fear what eventually would happen if some Arab apologist got into office. It is good to see that even with millions spent by our own government to oust Mr Netanyahu that the voice of the people prevailed.

I wonder how many Palestinians there are left that were alive in 1948? There's been at least two, possibly three generations, since that time.

Age structure

0–14 years: 44.7% (male 343,988/female 325,856)

15–64 years: 52.7% (male 403,855/female 386,681)

65 years and over: 2.7% (male 16,196/female 23,626) (2008 est.)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demographics_of_the_Palestinian_territories

Edited by DieChecker
  • Like 2

There's no oppression, so your statement is BS, and a obvious display of anti-Israeli sentiment. Whatever happens to the Palestinians is what they bring on themselves.

Please, do tell me what are their rights compared to that of the Isrealis so that I might agree with you. Otherwise, I'll have to conclude that it is you who have anti-palestinian sentiments.

It's not occupation. Get it right for once and stop being a fool.

http://www.ochaopt.org/

Edited by samus

Congrats to Mr Netanyahu. I fear what eventually would happen if some Arab apologist got into office. It is good to see that even with millions spent by our own government to oust Mr Netanyahu that the voice of the people prevailed.

Agreed. The last thing Israel needs right now is a Chamberlain...

You must be living on another planet.

Sorry, try again.

• Like 1

Sorry, try again.

I had edited my above message in the meantime to adress the issues in your previous post but still, based on your obvious denial of the situation there one might think from your perspective that Palestine is actually Fairyland, thanks to Justice & Peace™ brought you by Israel.

Edited by samus

For my part I am willing to concede that the Palestinians are living a hellish existence but I absolutely refuse to blame Israel alone for it. This is the disconnect that most Palisymps have. There are certainly instances of harsh, even overly harsh treatment of Palestinians by Israelis. But to act as though it occurs in some vacuum of circumstances is unacceptable. The Palestinians completely refuse to acknowledge the right of Jews to live in a Palestinian homeland named Israel. They will NOT do it. They teach their children to hate Jews for being Jews and they have no intention of ever ceding any of the land permanently to a Jewish state. The very DAY that a leader of Hamas or the PA will utter those words and agree to allow Jews to live in peace then I will also stand against any Israeli government that will not make peace.

• Like 3

I had edited my above message in the meantime to adress the issues in your previous post but still, based on your obvious denial of the situation there one might think from your perspective that Palestine is actually Fairyland, thanks to Justice & Peace™ brought you by Israel.

There's no denial on my part. Step up and face reality for once. The Palestinians aren't being "occupied" by Israel. And they cause most of the problems to themselves. They're the one calling for the extinction of Israel, using suicide bombers, launching rockets at civilians. They celebrate the deaths of Israelis any chance they get. Their "elected" government are terrorist organizations. If anyone is in denial, it's you. And displaying a very strong anti-Israeli attitude. I wouldn't doubt it if it's an anti-Semitic one as well. If you think the Palestinians are the victims here, then you lack common sense.

All it takes for the Palestinian condition to improve is for them to stop making war upon Israel. It's really that simple, even someone like you should see it. But hysterical bias tends to blind many it seems. And I'm not seeing anything else than that in your postings.

For my part I am willing to concede that the Palestinians are living a hellish existence but I absolutely refuse to blame Israel alone for it. This is the disconnect that most Palisymps have. There are certainly instances of harsh, even overly harsh treatment of Palestinians by Israelis. But to act as though it occurs in some vacuum of circumstances is unacceptable. The Palestinians completely refuse to acknowledge the right of Jews to live in a Palestinian homeland named Israel. They will NOT do it. They teach their children to hate Jews for being Jews and they have no intention of ever ceding any of the land permanently to a Jewish state. The very DAY that a leader of Hamas or the PA will utter those words and agree to allow Jews to live in peace then I will also stand against any Israeli government that will not make peace.

What he said.

• Like 1

By the way, if the Palestinians truly wanted peace, then crap like this shouldn't be happening:

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2015/03/18/heroine-from-hell-palestinians-honor-mass-killer-with-monument-in-town-square/?intcmp=HPBucket

Excerpt:

A female terrorist who died in an infamous attack that killed 38 Israelis, including 13 children, was memorialized last week at a public square in Ramallah in what Jewish leaders say is just the latest twisted example of Palestinians glorifying extremist murderers.
  • Like 2

I don't think Russia or China would get involved they have to much **** on their plate already, but to give the Palestinians a state Israel would have give up their lower lands. however the fight is who has the control over Jerusalem. The Palestinians don`nt want the lower lands its to Barron and they want all of Israel that they claimed should not exist ,so its never going to work. :(

Occupied_Palestinian_Territories.jpg

Edited by docyabut2
  • Like 1

I don't think Russia or China would get involved they have to much **** on their plate already, but to give the Palestinians a state Israel would have give up their lower lands. however the fight is who has the control over Jerusalem. The Palestinians don`nt want the lower lands its to Barron and they want all of Israel that they claimed should not exist ,so its never going to work. :(

This is true. How does one negotiate with someone who's only interest is your death and nothing short of that?

This is true. How does one negotiate with someone who's only interest is your death and nothing short of that?

True that. Not easy to negotiate with bibi.

True that. Not easy to negotiate with bibi.

Ha, you mispoke, but that's okay. The uninformed usually do that.

Thank you for the chuckle.

• Like 1

There's no denial on my part. Step up and face reality for once. The Palestinians aren't being "occupied" by Israel. And they cause most of the problems to themselves.

Of course not, they are only denied the right to vote for the regime who control every aspect of their lives, they have no right of free speech or assembly of movement, houses are searched without warrants, prisoners are subjected to tortures in prisons.

No need to bury your head in the sand Thorviv, the Gaza strip is the biggest open-air detention center on Earth and these people, treated as sub-citizens and yet with no right of self-determination are being Occupied in every possible way.

They're the one calling for the extinction of Israel, using suicide bombers, launching rockets at civilians. They celebrate the deaths of Israelis any chance they get. Their "elected" government are terrorist organizations. If anyone is in denial, it's you. And displaying a very strong anti-Israeli attitude. I wouldn't doubt it if it's an anti-Semitic one as well. If you think the Palestinians are the victims here, then you lack common sense.

Right, criticizing policies makes you an Anti-Semite, I've seen that Straw Man brandished on quite a few occasions by hard-liners.

A State that fails to recognize the fundamental rights of the Palestinian people - currently living under a sort of apartheid system - seems unatural to me. But you know what, as contradictory as it might seems, Netanyahu's reelection might actually help Palestine. At some point he might hit the wall, and be forced to choose between economic sanctions and the Occupation. South Africa found itself in the same situation in the 80's. Perhaps there is hope for the Palestinian people in Bibi's foolishness.

Poverty, lack of opportunities and resentment allow fertile grounds for extreme ideologies, very few cultures in these conditions would be immune to that, ask any sociologist with some 'common sense'.

Edited by samus
  • Like 4

I agree with you.For the same reason the Palestinian shouldn't negotiate with the zionist but still they are willing to negotiate

• Like 2

I agree with you.For the same reason the Palestinian shouldn't negotiate with the zionist but still they are willing to negotiate

Sure they're willing. It goes like this: We want THIS. ALL of THIS. If you refuse then the talks are off and it's YOUR fault. :w00t:
  • Like 2

Sure they're willing. It goes like this: We want THIS. ALL of THIS. If you refuse then the talks are off and it's YOUR fault. :w00t:

And whats so wrong with giving them what they were supposed to recieve? They arent pushing for the 48 boundaries, but have conceded to the 67 ones. What has israel conceded so far? A few illegal settlements but then built alot more in there place.

• Like 1

ROFL .... the '48 boundaries ? What.. the ones where Jordan controls the West Bank, Egypt controls Gaza, and the Palestinians ceased to exist ? THOSE boundaries ?

I'm not surprised they aren't pushing for them. Turkeys don't push for Christmas.

• Like 1

Ha, you mispoke, but that's okay. The uninformed usually do that.

Thank you for the chuckle.

No I did not. Stop the chuckle and read again.

And whats so wrong with giving them what they were supposed to recieve? They arent pushing for the 48 boundaries, but have conceded to the 67 ones. What has israel conceded so far? A few illegal settlements but then built alot more in there place.

You live in a neighborhood where all of your neighbors hate you. One day you wake up...amidst the bullets that are always being shot at you...to find everyone is poised to take your house...

...so...in an effort to protect your house...you come out blazing...beat them back to the next block and occupy the houses surrounding you. Now, the people who were massed on your front lawn about to take your house are homeless. Wah, Wah, Wah...give us our houses back...not fair...not fair...

puleeeeez

Edited by joc
  • Like 1

You live in a neighborhood where all of your neighbors hate you. One day you wake up...amidst the bullets that are always being shot at you...to find everyone is poised to take your house...

...so...in an effort to protect your house...you come out blazing...beat them back to the next block and occupy the houses surrounding you. Now, the people who were massed on your front lawn about to take your house are homeless. Wah, Wah, Wah...give us our houses back...not fair...not fair...

puleeeeez

Why move into the neighbourhood in the first place when you know your neighbours will resent you for doing so?

Why move into the neighbourhood in the first place when you know your neighbours will resent you for doing so?

Because I own that particular house and always have....and the city said so! I have a right to live in that house...you DON'T have a right to shoot at me or take my house away from me.

• Like 1

Because I own that particular house and always have....and the city said so! I have a right to live in that house...you DON'T have a right to shoot at me or take my house away from me.

Whats your proof of owning the house?

The city! The city said I own it...my neighbors don't like it...but the city said I own the house...so...I own the house.

The city! The city said I own it...my neighbors don't like it...but the city said I own the house...so...I own the house.

No they dont. They dont have those sort of records. So, what is your proof of ownership?