Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Our First Ghost Investigation

shortbusputz

Hi All, just joined the forums today.

My friend lives in an old house. His family has said to have seen and heard ghosts. He even claims that he saw a door close and the knob rattle a bunch when nobody else was in the house. His mother said that she has felt one of the ghosts grab her before. I have no choice but to believe them because they are real honest people.

So, we have decided that we want to stake out in his attic and take pictures and record video, that kind of stuff. We have been reading up on how people do it. We know this is the best place because this is where most of the noises and activity come from, and his mother has seen things up there numerous times.

But I have a few questions that I thought someone could answer here. I don't really want anything to do with the ghosts after, I just want to take the pictures, watch the video and have evidence of the ghosts, I don't want them to follow me home or anything like that, because I read that they could. Someone showed me a site with prayers that a group says before and after to ease everything over with the ghosts, so I thought we would do that. Also, I'm going to wear a cross and rosary maybe just to be extra cautious blink.gif .

We plan to use 800 speed film and we both have sony handycams with nightshot. Do you think everything will go ok and that we might capture some of the ghosts?

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• shortbusputz

• Diebytheflyguy

• aquatus1

• Lochness_hunter

Hope it's a judeo-christian ghost. Good luck. I don't believe that you will capture anything worth calling proof, but it'll be good for an evening of fun.

Well i would have to ask you if the house your friend live at have any historical value? Like did someone die there or something?

The house is in the heart of our town and there is a jewish cemetary and synagouge within 200 feet or so. I'm not sure if anyone has died there or not. Two of the sightings that his Mom has told us about were odd. She was in the attic where we plan to stake out and saw a lady from like the 1800's just standing there. There is a room in the house that always seems to be cold they say, and she said she looked in the room one day and saw a girl looking in the mirror. They say they have always heard people yelling and moaning. I personally had a possible small experiance, I was in the house waiting for my friend and I heard someone moan.

Apparently, any time they do anything to the actual house, strange things happen. Last summer, they had a new roof put on the house, and odd things started happening like a picture fell off the wall but not really fell it was as if it was ripped off the wall and thrown to the ground, as if the ghosts don't like their house to be disturbed.

Well, it would be nice of you to post some pictures maybe. Without them I can't tell you that its NOT haunted... laugh.gif

well I don't have any pictures of the house, how would that tell you if it is or isn't haha?

372648[/snapback]

When are doing this "stakeout" sbp ?

Heres something bring a tape recorder ...digital or analog and ask questions ,invite any presence to speak....wait til the next day and playback slowly....I'll bet you a grand you will get voices and answers.....wait til the next day to playback though or you'll be outa there double quick ?

Check out the EVP sites.......dont forget to keep us posted.....and take plenty pictures....we're right behind you....about 5000 miles to be precise

Hello and Welcome to the forum shortbusputz,

I believe you will get a clearer view of what is causing the disturbances if you don't go in saying prayers or using a rosary . Of course if it makes you feel better by all means give it a go , but try to approach the situation with an open mind or you may not be able to hold up in the attic for an entire night .

For example I was recently with a friend at an old tavern in our main center , she left to go to the girls room and later returned with a pale expression claiming she had been followed both in and out of the bathroom by an unseen force .

So I went and had a look for my self .Sure enough when the big main door to the bathrooms was opened a draft was created that swung a different and less visible door with it . So that was why she was followed both in and out .

Having said that there have been times when I have not been able to reproduce strange phenomena that I have witnessed myself.

Good luck with your investigation and keep us posted original.gif

The judeo-christian beliefs don't allow for a deceased human to make an appearence back on earth. They do however allow for demons to immitate whatever they feel to be the most effective in whatever they are trying to accomplish, which at this point, seems fear.