Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

SETI could detect alien particle accelerators

UM-Bot

The search for extraterrestrial life could be helped along by seeking out cosmic science experiments.

For years the SETI Institute has focused its efforts on picking up radio signals from an alien civilization, but what if there was something else that we could detect from a lot further away ?

Read More: http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/news/279494/seti-could-detect-alien-particle-accelerators

• Like 1

ANd E.T can detect us, Maybe this is why they have chosen to remain silent ? :alien::cry:

That's some fine 'outside the box' thinking. Even if ETs wish nothing to do with us, we still might be able to detect their advanced science experiments.

If these unusually energetic neutrinos are ever detected, we might be able to settle the natural or artificial question by keeping track of when they're found. Natural sources would presumably produce these neutrinos at random. It might be possible to detect an artificial pattern in a science experiment. They might turn their black hole particle accelerator off at regular intervals to adjust or repair their equipment.

With 100 octrillion stars ,thats 1 WITH 29 ZERO`S BEHIND IT Theres more than enough possible planets out there to Look at. If only we could really Look at them all !

Maybe next year eah?

E.T`s are out there way the Heck out there, so far out there, They dont even know were out there !

• Like 1

Hmmm...while we could detect it even if a temporary event, how would we ever be able to recognize it as an artificial event as opposed to a natural event? How would we be able to differentiate given that such an experiment would carry no information.

Cheers,

Badeskov

Edited by badeskov
  • Like 3

By the time we detect it at the speed of light they most likely be are going to be long gone. Not much point in waving back.

• Like 3

maybe we are late to the party and all the ET's have been dead for millions of years

what if an alien society lives happily as having simple lives in their nature without advanced technology

• Like 2

what if an alien society lives happily as having simple lives in their nature without advanced technology

Very plausible; Andre Norton style alien civilizations would not be SETI detectable.

Hmmm...while we could detect it even if a temporary event, how would we ever be able to recognize it as an artificial event as opposed to a natural event? How would we be able to differentiate given that such an experiment would carry no information.

Cheers,

Badeskov

It's characteristic electromagnetic signature, perhaps?

It's characteristic electromagnetic signature, perhaps?

There are numerous naturally occurring particle accelerators in the Universe, thus there is no way to discriminate to the best of my knowledge. I could be wrong, of course.

Cheers,

Badeskov

There could be many different techniques that are useful for a long distance search for intelligent alien life, though, the odds of another intelligent specie using a particle accelerator of their own? I would say that in another 10 years we won't need to get so technical with finding intelligent life because our technologies will advance greatly as they already had been advancing in the last 10 years. The inventors will soon create easier, more reliable technologies to use for SETI sorts to search with.

I personally believe that SETI is a redundant front anyways because we are already in contact with alien species, so really, no further criticism.

There are numerous naturally occurring particle accelerators in the Universe, thus there is no way to discriminate to the best of my knowledge. I could be wrong, of course.

Cheers,

Badeskov

I would posit that everything electromagnetic has it's own unique signature. Whether something is detectable and not susceptible to attenuation over immense interstellar distance or shredded by solar and background radiation is the question. Weak signals might not make it very far past the Heliopause.

Particle Accel. using Black Hole as a power source ? That must been a hell of a keg party that scientist has attended.

And agree to Badeskov, aliens with wooden clubs doesnt give a detectable trace..

• Like 2

I would posit that everything electromagnetic has it's own unique signature. Whether something is detectable and not susceptible to attenuation over immense interstellar distance or shredded by solar and background radiation is the question. Weak signals might not make it very far past the Heliopause.

So, as I understand it, we would never detect anything electromagnetic from that event. Whatever electromagnetic field is used to accelerate particles in a particle accelerator would simply not be detectable - we would only be able to detect the by products of the the particle collisions, and even that I would highly doubt. At least here on Earth scientists want to detect all the collision results, thus very little if any will be detectable outside of the detectors.

Cheers,

Badeskov

• Like 2

We can wait until the Cows get tipped, or the Sun burns out. We are it Lets make this Planet a better Place for us to Live on ! Time to open the Think tanks,and Lets All chip in for a Good Long Ride through the Universe ! Afterall were Traveling quite Fast Right Now Are we Not ?

We can wait until the Cows get tipped, or the Sun burns out. We are it Lets make this Planet a better Place for us to Live on ! Time to open the Think tanks,and Lets All chip in for a Good Long Ride through the Universe ! Afterall were Traveling quite Fast Right Now Are we Not ?

I'd prefer we find a habitable planet and advance our space travel, so when the sun does burn out, the human kind survives and proceeds! :)

how possible is when our sun dies, to dig down underneath moving the entire civilisation close to the core? Apparently earths core is so similar to the sun. engineers will have to dig holes to bring oxygen from the surface first but then growing plants should create an ecosystem, assumingly there is flat empty surface allowing it.

how possible is when our sun dies, to dig down underneath moving the entire civilisation close to the core?

Before our sun 'dies' its size will grow to encompass the Earth's orbit. It doesn't take much to imagine what would happen at that point.

These aliens would not pick up the phone because they dont have any.

how possible is when our sun dies, to dig down underneath moving the entire civilisation close to the core? Apparently earths core is so similar to the sun. engineers will have to dig holes to bring oxygen from the surface first but then growing plants should create an ecosystem, assumingly there is flat empty surface allowing it.

How is the earths core similar to the sun ?

The only thing I can see that is similar is that they are both hot.

If humanity is still alive when the sun dies, it would be much more logical to relocate to another solar system. Provided we find the right one, that would give us another couple of billion years and there would be no need to live near a core that is several thousand degrees !

As S2F said, the Earth would probably be swallowed up by the sun, so the point is moot anyway.

interesting fact in earth history almost every time a more advanced civilization met a less advanced one the less advanced ones get screwed and instead of getting less aggressive we just get more sneaky... now lets search fore super advanced alien life, that can not be none smarty right?