Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Cruz to announce bid

F3SS

Ted Cruz Is Planning to Take the White House - and He’s About to Pull a Move That Leapfrogs the Competition

He’s going to skip the exploratory committee and go straight for the jugular.

Ted Cruz plans to run for president.

The Houston Chronicle broke the news just before midnight Saturday evening, citing senior advisers speaking on the condition of anonymity who said that Cruz, the Texas Tea Party Republican elected to the U.S. Senate in 2012, would pursue the presidency.

The announcement would make Cruz the first Republican to officially declare his candidacy.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2015/03/22/ted-cruz-is-planning-to-take-the-white-house-and-hes-about-to-pull-a-move-that-leapfrogs-the-competition/

I'm curious to see Ted exposed and learn more about him as he takes the stage but from what I've seen the competition better look out. The establishment is going to hammer him no doubt. I'd like to see him debate Hillary and Jeb. I cant see the robotic politician in Hillary faring well but I can see her head exploding in a debate she can't handle. "What difference does my past make! Kaboom!"

Ted is smart and sharp and seems to stand firm on the constitution. As he competes with presumably Paul and Walker I would like to see them team up as they eliminate each other. At the very least it's nice to see a fresh face with high potential. I hope he can crush the dynasty potential once and for all. He and his team must be pretty confident if they're skipping the usual exploratory committee procedure.

Edit: I haven't read it yet but here is his current official page on issues and will probably help add substance to the conversation. http://www.cruz.senate.gov/?p=issues

Edited by F3SS
  • Like 2

I hope either he or Paul gets the nod. Im not sold on either really, but it would be nice to actually have a republican running that I could potentially get behind. Then again, the media will probably go to great lengths to destroy the possibility of either getting in. Or they will pull the same crap they did to Ron Paul, and erase the voting results of whole counties, and steal the nomination from them through fraud.

• Like 1

I hope either he or Paul gets the nod. Im not sold on either really, but it would be nice to actually have a republican running that I could potentially get behind. Then again, the media will probably go to great lengths to destroy the possibility of either getting in. Or they will pull the same crap they did to Ron Paul, and erase the voting results of whole counties, and steal the nomination from them through fraud.

It will be a great test of strength and character as to to how they overcome the scrutiny. Ron Paul had obvious ability to energize his base but was relatively soft spoken. When he got screwed it looked like he was more eager to point out what aholes everybody was as in see I told you they suck but sorry I can't help anymore, bye bye. Herman Cain took lumps and said screw it I'm out. I see Ted welcoming a fight to the finish. I'm really piqued about how this will go.

Edited by F3SS
  • Like 2

Isn't announcing that you are announcing an announcement?

Supposedly it will be officially announced tomorrow.

And a list of his sponsored legislations. http://www.cruz.sena.../?p=issue&id=10 All we need for an informed debate is now linked.

There are an awful lot of "Purpose will be available when the amendment is proposed for consideration" when describing these bills. That's pretty concerning. What's he trying to hide?

He is pretty committed to defunding 0bama care. That's a good thing. Him making a bill defining marriage is a really bad idea. Not just among liberals, but among libertarian conservatives. To me, the federal government has no authority on the matter. Not that liberals are going to vote for him anyway, but support from libertarian conservatives will make or break him.

• Like 1

I'm not too keen on some of Cruz's policies but the thing that would annoy me the most would be the inevitable birther issue. You know that it's going to be taken all the way to the supreme court. I'm not to fond of the precedence it would set either. But I guess we already allow dual citizens to run for office here. With the 27 congressmen and 13 senators holding dual citizenship (and mostly being Democrats) I think he could probably win that one though.

Yea that will be interesting Degen. A lot of people will support it, and a lot of people wont. Guess it depends on how many illegals they can ship over the boarder between now and then.

• Like 2

There are an awful lot of "Purpose will be available when the amendment is proposed for consideration" when describing these bills. That's pretty concerning. What's he trying to hide?

He is pretty committed to defunding 0bama care. That's a good thing. Him making a bill defining marriage is a really bad idea. Not just among liberals, but among libertarian conservatives. To me, the federal government has no authority on the matter. Not that liberals are going to vote for him anyway, but support from libertarian conservatives will make or break him.

It's not a vote deciding issue for me but I hope he keeps that as low on the priority list. There are bigger fish to fry.

I'm not too keen on some of Cruz's policies but the thing that would annoy me the most would be the inevitable birther issue. You know that it's going to be taken all the way to the supreme court. I'm not to fond of the precedence it would set either. But I guess we already allow dual citizens to run for office here. With the 27 congressmen and 13 senators holding dual citizenship (and mostly being Democrats) I think he could probably win that one though.

Here's something I read on the issue a while back... http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/article/2013/aug/20/ted-cruz-born-canada-eligible-run-president/

Yea that will be interesting Degen. A lot of people will support it, and a lot of people wont. Guess it depends on how many illegals they can ship over the boarder between now and then.

Isnt there also the arguement about them having to pay for identification in the first place?

Thinking about it, its probably a smart move announcing this early. It will give him lots of time to figure out how to counter the media. It will also give people lots of time to forget the initial onslaught the media is sure to cast.

• Like 2

The number 15 bill http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/query/z?c113:S.2195: he co-sponsered might put him offside with aipac and israel

http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/query/z?c113:S.1336: This seems to be a point of contention in past elections. Would it benefit him or hinder him?

I think those are both sensible to me. Also within there is a legislation to end SuperPacs. We'll have to see where his conviction is on that one soon I suppose.

Isnt there also the arguement about them having to pay for identification in the first place?

Yep, I've definitely heard that one before. As if all of a sudden the government cares about preventing legislation that directly effects the bottom line of voters. Anyhow yea, they will cry about that for sure. Even as they tell me I shouldn't complain about the 600 dollar fine I got for not being able to afford health insurance. But I digress.

• Like 2

It's a void arguement. Everywhere voter ID is a thing it has been made absurdly available for free. If there's a way to make it available and free it can, has and must be done. The only ones who stick to that arguement are those divisive folks who incessantly insist that minorities are completely incapable of figuring it out for themselves even when every option to have someone figure it out for you has been made and for free.

• Like 2

Yep, I've definitely heard that one before. As if all of a sudden the government cares about preventing legislation that directly effects the bottom line of voters. Anyhow yea, they will cry about that for sure. Even as they tell me I shouldn't complain about the 600 dollar fine I got for not being able to afford health insurance. But I digress.

Exactly, the only right we now have a monetary cost attached to by mandate is the right to life.

I think those are both sensible to me. Also within there is a legislation to end SuperPacs. We'll have to see where his conviction is on that one soon I suppose.

Bill 15 is very sensible, the other one could cause a stir though because it can be seen as disenfranchising voters, usually with the arguement of how can the poor afford the id. I read the one on superpacs, at least it allows for transperancy, but it also allows for unlimited donations.

http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/bdquery/D?d113:17:./temp/~bdAV7w:@@@D&summ2=m& Are any of the corporations he listed as examples right wing or all just left wing?

It's not a vote deciding issue for me but I hope he keeps that as low on the priority list. There are bigger fish to fry.

Me either. At least not in the presidential election. It will potentially effect my decision in the primaries though. I already lean more towards Paul as it is.

Its pretty cool to not only have a guy you could support in one party, but even have another guy who wouldn't be bad at all. When was the last time that happened?

Me either. At least not in the presidential election. It will potentially effect my decision in the primaries though. I already lean more towards Paul as it is.

Its pretty cool to not only have a guy you could support in one party, but even have another guy who wouldn't be bad at all. When was the last time that happened?

That's what I like about this potential crop. Cruz, Paul and Walker I think are three of the most nonstandard yet sensible choices we could ask for.

• Like 2

Bill 15 is very sensible, the other one could cause a stir though because it can be seen as disenfranchising voters, usually with the arguement of how can the poor afford the id. I read the one on superpacs, at least it allows for transperancy, but it also allows for unlimited donations.

http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/bdquery/D?d113:17:./temp/~bdAV7w:@@@D&summ2=m& Are any of the corporations he listed as examples right wing or all just left wing?

The voter ID thing will be filled with a lot of feigned media outrage. Im pretty sure most polls show that citizens of all backgrounds support such a thing. There is nothing insensible about it and the minorities in question need an ID for every other government program the utilize. It's nonsensical to find such fault in a common sense idea. And voter fraud does indeed happen though you'll often here detractors say that it doesnt, ever, out of a hundred million votes. Please...

Unless I'm understanding wrong it looks as though he's seeking to protect those media corporations right to free speech.

• Like 1

I really don't know enough about Walker to comment. I like his stance on unions. What little I've heard, Im kinda concerned he might be a little war mongerish (this that a word? lol) for my taste. But I definitely look forward to hearing him in the debates.

• Like 1

Wisconsin's economy hasn't been doing as well as it's neighbor Minnesota which is a dark blue state. That in itself is a big handicap for Walker in a Presidential bid.

He has had great success in union busting though, so I guess he does get points in the furthering of the republican agenda category.

So how much has he and his corporate owners bid for the Presidency?

I can't see a figure, hardly a bid without a figure.