Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Cruz to announce bid

F3SS

He's a cross between a Southern Baptist preacher and a nerd, which is an outrageous combination.

A political werewolf, straight out of the twilight zone, and one of the few people, who I cannot stand to hear talk.

A slightly smarter version of Sarah Palin without the sex appeal and good humor.

Edited by Raptor Witness

Cruz is a brilliant man.. One of the top Harvard grads.. Has argued many cases as a junior lawmaker in front of the supreme court, and is one hell of a debater. As far as his policies, he's stayed consistent with his focus on countering gun-control, consistent with his views on common core, and ISIS. I personally think any combination of Ted / Paul would be interesting.

Edited by Drayno
  • Like 6

Cruz is a brilliant man.. One of the top Harvard grads.. Has argued many cases as a junior lawmaker in front of the supreme court, and is one hell of a debater. As far as his policies, he's stayed consistent with his focus on countering gun-control, consistent with his views on common core, and ISIS. I personally think any combination of Ted / Paul would be interesting.

Ted and Paul would be like Thelma and Louise.

Rubio is your best bet with Hillary, because he can draw off the female vote, hispanics, and he'll appeal to the younger set. Plus, you'll need to win Florida.

The Republicans are going to need all the good looks they can get, after the ugly Bush/Cheney nightmare.

The electorate has had enough violence out of the Republicans, try a little sex this time.

Edited by Raptor Witness

And yet he announced at a "university" that teaches that the Earth is 6,000 years old.

No thanks, I'll pass.

• Like 1

And yet he announced at a "university" that teaches that the Earth is 6,000 years old.

No thanks, I'll pass.

Got proof?

I'd hope for an excellent adventure rather than a bogus journey!

• Like 3

I liked his speech today.

No teleprompter?

He said things I wanted to hear.

• Like 6

So I assume he's done something to change his birth country? I mean, given up any claim to being born outside the US? Or do we look forward and get the same sort of "witch hunt" from concerned folk trying to check Cruz's birth records. After all, if it's good enough to do to your current president, it's only fair the same happens to any future incumbent.

• Like 1

http://www.liberty.e...ences/creation/

As you can see - CRST 290 is a mandatory course for all attendees. A bit like the mandatory attendance at Ted's announcement.

Hmm... Well that's the school's way and students choice to learn there. Hopefully Ted won't endorse such a thing. So long as he keeps his religion as a self-guidance but not a strategical platform that'll be fine with me. For the record, "young-earth" philosophy is about the most absurd thing that some Christians have held on to. I like how he's standing there with a dinosaur bone. Don't they say that fossils were placed by God as a means for our enjoyment and his pleasure? Like we are SIMs and he is MAXIS.

From the link.

The purpose of the Center for Creation Studies is to promote the development of a consistent biblical view of origins in our students. The center seeks to equip students to defend their faith in the creation account in Genesis using science, reason and the Scriptures.

That's a SNAFU if I've ever seen one.

I honestly don't get how people today go for creationism. An old friend of mine back when we were 20 became a religious nut. He sinned like crazy but believed the Bible to be literal. I had no idea how far into it he was. One day the subject of aliens came up and I think I was talking about Drakes theory and he scoffed at the idea, persistently. He summed it up to a fantasy of little green men, his words, and asked where I think we came from. I said monkeys not thinking I had to elaborate. Again he laughed. I asked him what he thinks and he pretty much said at the snap of God's fingers. I tried to get him to admit he was kidding but he thought evolution was as crazy as we think creationism is. Guess there's a lot of hubris in his thinking. Anyhow, he's a smart guy and four year college grad with a teaching degree but forgoed that to run a landscaping business and has done exceptionally well. My point is that religion isn't a deal breaker for me because I know people who are smart and able in every aspect of life yet can't see certain obvious truths that harm nobody but themsleves. So, as long as Ted keeps religion low on the list I'll be ok with that so long as he doesn't go around reciting GENESIS.

Edited by F3SS
  • Like 1

The odds against a non-believer getting into office as pres are astronomical. They'll pander to any group that will listen to them including young earth creationists. Besides, I know many people who go and went to private Christian schools and colleges who aren't particularly religious. They do happen to be some of the most prestigious schools in the country.

• Like 2

So I assume he's done something to change his birth country? I mean, given up any claim to being born outside the US? Or do we look forward and get the same sort of "witch hunt" from concerned folk trying to check Cruz's birth records. After all, if it's good enough to do to your current president, it's only fair the same happens to any future incumbent.

Cruz's Birth Certificate is not even an issue. He was born in Canada. He is a natural born citizen of the United States of America. All you have to do is read the 1940 Nationality Act. I don't really expect you to go find that and read it. So, as a gracious and kind act...I hereby present the key paragraphs to you.

If you really want to read the entire act...you can download the pdf here...like I did.

Nationality%20at%20Birth1_zpsbd1cvjk7.jpg

• Like 3

Cruz's Birth Certificate is not even an issue. He was born in Canada. He is a natural born citizen of the United States of America. All you have to do is read the 1940 Nationality Act. I don't really expect you to go find that and read it. So, as a gracious and kind act...I hereby present the key paragraphs to you.

If you really want to read the entire act...you can download the pdf here...like I did.

Nationality%20at%20Birth1_zpsbd1cvjk7.jpg

What are the Requirements to Become President?

Answer: The US Constitution lists three requirements for any individual wishing to become president of the United States. A president must:

1. be a natural born U.S. citizen. Someone may be born abroad, but only if both parents were citizens of the United States. The only exception to this was for those around at the time the Constitution was adopted. Their requirement was that they had to be a citizen when the Constitution was adopted.

2. be at least 35 years of age.

3. have lived in the United States for at least 14 years to be president. This does not have to be consecutive or even the 14 years leading up to becoming president

Where does teds father come from joc? ill answer for you, cuba

Who cares? He's for the flat tax. That's huge.

Just kidding, I care about the constitution but like so many things the Supreme Court has or will rule certain cases when controversial situations arise.

Where does teds father come from joc? ill answer for you, cuba

And remained a Cuban citizen until 2005.

However - he did obtain an American Green card prior to Ted's birth - which would qualify Ted as Natural Born under rule D in Joc's list.

• Like 3

He makes the left go insane. I like him.

Finally, an alternative to politics as usual in Washington. All he has to do is stand up and say--

I'm not Jeb.

I'm not Mitt

I'm not McCain

I'm not Bohener

I'm not McConnel

And none of them support me.

Which is why I sent him $100 today.

If nothing else, he guarantees that the issues I care about will be talked about.

• Like 1

And remained a Cuban citizen until 2005.

However - he did obtain an American Green card prior to Ted's birth - which would qualify Ted as Natural Born under rule D in Joc's list.

Yes, but in saying that should cruz win the election it could very well end up in the supreme court to test and ultimately find out what is ruled as a "natural born citizen"

If people get crazy about his birth it will be dumb. But alot of people did the same with Obama so it wouldn't suprise me

If people get crazy about his birth it will be dumb. But alot of people did the same with Obama so it wouldn't suprise me

The part that made obama so controversial is that no one believed where he was born. At least it's evident where Cruz was born. I'm not making a ruling here but at least that much will be out of the way and there will be nothing but a court proceeding to talk about. That is if this hasn't been fully resolved already. I'm sure Cruz and team made this issue a first priority so must be confident.

Yes, but in saying that should cruz win the election it could very well end up in the supreme court to test and ultimately find out what is ruled as a "natural born citizen"

I doubt it'll get that far - For McCain, the Senate just passed a resolution that he was a Natural Born Citizen.

Admittedly - the resolution was submitted by both Obama and Clinton, but still. I expect the same would happen this time around, were Cruz to win the Republican candidacy.

I doubt it'll get that far - For McCain, the Senate just passed a resolution that he was a Natural Born Citizen.

Admittedly - the resolution was submitted by both Obama and Clinton, but still. I expect the same would happen this time around, were Cruz to win the Republican candidacy.

Yes but the difference was both mccains parents were US citizens at the time of his birth

The part that made obama so controversial is that no one believed where he was born. At least it's evident where Cruz was born. I'm not making a ruling here but at least that much will be out of the way and there will be nothing but a court proceeding to talk about. That is if this hasn't been fully resolved already. I'm sure Cruz and team made this issue a first priority so must be confident.

Was it no one believed him or just his opposition didnt believe him?

Was it no one believed him or just his opposition didnt believe him?

It would've been a moot issue if he had produced a birth certificate early on. That it was asked in the first place may or may not have been reasonable but when he insisted we take him at his word he kept the controversy brewing. Some of his opposition cared, some didn't. You should look back to topics in this thread from 2008-12 or so and I'm sure you'll see what many of us you're talking to now had to say back then. They shouldn't be hard to find.