Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Cruz to announce bid

F3SS

Yes but the difference was both mccains parents were US citizens at the time of his birth

Only one of Obama's was.

There's no definition of Natural Born Citizen in the constitution. It's been interpreted to mean someone who at birth is considered to be an American Citizen - which Cruz was, according to American law - as was Obama.

Only one of Obama's was.

There's no definition of Natural Born Citizen in the constitution. It's been interpreted to mean someone who at birth is considered to be an American Citizen - which Cruz was, according to American law - as was Obama.

Ted Cruz - Father, Cuban, Mother, American, Born in Canada

Barack Obama - Father Kenyan, Mother, American, Born in America (Honolulu, Hawaii)

John McCain - Both Parents American, Born in Panama

Maybe i havent put my point across clearly enough, the above may show it a little better

It would've been a moot issue if he had produced a birth certificate early on. That it was asked in the first place may or may not have been reasonable but when he insisted we take him at his word he kept the controversy brewing. Some of his opposition cared, some didn't. You should look back to topics in this thread from 2008-12 or so and I'm sure you'll see what many of us you're talking to now had to say back then. They shouldn't be hard to find.

Obama was the first time that had ever been ask to produce his birth certificate. Why was his the first time to be asked for it and subject to so much controversy?

Edited by Degen

This probably isn't the time or place, but I am not completely opposed to people not being born in the U.S being President. Someone who is not originally from here could have a better appreciation for our nation more than most. I have come across so many American's who bash our nation CONSTANTLY, yet they fail to appreciate/see the irony in the fact that not all countries allow people to speak their mind so freely.

• Like 2

Obama was the first time that had ever been ask to produce his birth certificate. Why was his the first time to be asked for it and subject to so much controversy?

Well that's what happens when you take center stage on such a big stage. Before that he was a nobody and every office but president has much looser rules. I think you could run for senate here.

Ted Cruz - Father, Cuban, Mother, American, Born in Canada

Barack Obama - Father Kenyan, Mother, American, Born in America (Honolulu, Hawaii)

John McCain - Both Parents American, Born in Panama

That's pretty much the way I understand the situation.

Given option D in the 1940 act that Joc listed - I'm not seeing the issue. Cruz's father was Cuban - but the Green card makes him a US National (albeit not a Citizen).

• Like 1

And yet he announced at a "university" that teaches that the Earth is 6,000 years old.

Got proof?

The Liberty University is a fundamentalist Christian school. Do you really need proof? Just Google it.

The name is reminiscent of Orwellian doublethink (Ministry of Truth, Ministry of Love, et cetera), since Liberty University students do not have the liberty to attend dances, break curfew, watch "R" rated movies, view sexually explicit material, enter the bedroom of someone of the opposite sex, or otherwise exhibit behavior "associated with a counterculture."[1] Students may not drink alcohol, or smoke tobacco, or organize petitions without permission, and are also subjected to random, mandatory drug tests. This restrictive code of conduct is called the "Liberty Way."[2] No joke intended. Academic posts are entirely non-tenured so the authorities can control staff as well. Falwell has said, "Where tenure is practiced, eventually theistic evolution is taught."[3]

Source: http://rationalwiki....ity#cite_note-2

Now this is the perfect place for him to make his announcement and reach out to his conservative base, no doubt.

Edited by samus

Thanks Sam but you were late to the talk. That parts been settled on.

If you like what you've been getting in Washington, keep voting for the kind of people you've been voting for...

Clinton

Bush

First Black President

First Woman President?

Just because something has never been done before, doesn't make it a good idea. Obama is proof enough of that.

Just because something has been done before, doesn't make it a good idea. Clinton and Bush are proof enough of that.

If Ted can't find someone named Bill to have an excellent adventure with, he should become a running mate for someone named Tom, so we could have a Tom/Cruz ticket. That way the woman vote is secured.

Loved his "imagine a world" speech. Imagine a world where a politician told you what he was going to do, then he did it.

• Like 5

Thanks Sam but you were late to the talk. That parts been settled on.

Sorry, I had missed Tiggs's reply. Just to add a thought: It's pretty clear that he endorses such a thing. He's a Seven Mountains Dominionist just like his father. He's a climate change denier who likes to spread ignorance. Thankfully, this man has virtually no chance of getting into the Oval Office.

Edited by samus

Here we go-- the left all a twitter about something most Christians have never even heard of.

Why don't you explain to us samus, --what is seven mountain dominionism, and why should we fear it like you do?

• Like 1

Why don't you explain to us samus, --what is seven mountain dominionism, and why should we fear it like you do?

Use your search engine, it's a great tool to learn more about this kind of stuff.

Dominion Theology or Dominionism is the idea that Christians should work toward either a nation governed by Christians or one governed by a conservative Christian understanding of biblical law. At least under this name, it exists primarily among non-mainstream Protestants in the United States. It is a form of theocracy and is related to theonomy, though it does not necessarily advocate Mosaic law as the basis of government. Prominent adherents of Dominion Theology are otherwise theologically diverse, including the Calvinist Christian Reconstructionism and the charismatic/Pentecostal Kingdom Now theology and New Apostolic Reformation.

Source: http://en.wikipedia....minion_Theology

7 Cultural Mountains:

http://www.7culturalmountains.org/

Reclaiming-Seven-Mountains.jpg

You have to realize that Ted Cruz is too much even for many Republicans. He represents the extreme fringe of this party.

Edited by samus

Him making a bill defining marriage is a really bad idea.

I think marriage should be defined. Marriage should only be allowed between two consenting, adult humans*. I feel pretty strongly about this.

*Edited to add: At least until we discover other intelligent life forms.

Edited by Bama13

Loved his "imagine a world" speech. Imagine a world where a politician told you what he was going to do, then he did it.

I think he'll be full of substance and integrity. Maybe I'm optimistic but he seems different. Hillary on the other hand will not be so clear and will campaign with bumper sticker slogans. I think we are all tired of career politicans who can't speak from their heart.

Sorry, I had missed Tiggs's reply. Just to add a thought: It's pretty clear that he endorses such a thing. He's a Seven Mountains Dominionist just like his father. He's a climate change denier who likes to spread ignorance. Thankfully, this man has virtually no chance of getting into the Oval Office.

That's ok. Sorry too. That's the kind of comment I give five minutes after I wake up in the morning. We will just have to see what Ted is really all about. So far, he's for a flat tax and abolishing the IRS. I know those aren't guarantees but just that right there tips the scales heavily in my favor.

• Like 2

What the heck is that?

It's says only two big bold lines. SUPPORT OBAMA & IMMIGRATION REFORM NOW. Hacked or did the opposition buy the name for that website early on. Wtf?

Actually that might be a genius move by someone who cares more about money than politics. Teddy might fork over some ching for that domain.

Edited by F3SS

Oh my... yes, I can see why the lefties would be freaking out about a term ("dominionism") they invented.

Let's see-- the 7 Cultural Mountains are:

Business

Government

Media

Arts and Entertainment

Education

Family

Religion (the Church)

It's a strategy, not a theology. It is rooted in the idea (and the prayer) that God would raise up change agents to scale these cultural mountains and that these change agents would have a positive impact in each area of American life by moving culture toward Christian principles.

It's kind of like "Hope and Change" without destroying our country.

Edited by Jack Skellington

Okay, I am not trying to mischief make too much regarding Cruz. After all, I'm a British subject, so have no real say in who you in the US elect. But giving the recent way your right wing lot have behaved of late, and the fashion the Republicans have done their level best in practically blocking everything Obama has tried to do, it might be time for the Democrats to return the favour, so to speak.

I've seen your attack ads, carried out during US elections. There was one - a while back, think it was for NYC mayor - that had the other guy with a cardboard cut-out of his opponent. And he was simply worried that if the other guy won, why, he be so concerned about the health of the guy. Why, the poor fellow would not be able to do his job so the voters best vote for him instead! So, perhaps if the Democrats would remind the citizens about who the Republicans shut down the federal government that time, blocked appointments, how some of them have very odd views on everything from climate change to even how dare the citizens live. Y'know, stick the boot right in! With Cruz, what was good for the ones demanding to make sure Obama was born a US citizen, well, Cruz most certainly wasn't. Why, if I ran the anti campaign, I'd make dark hints about how Cruz was in fact going to make US health care just like Canada's, he is in fact a secret plot by those damned folk up north to wreck America. Untrue, you bet, but that sort of daft rumour is what's done towards others, so it's only fair to do the same to them!

Oh my... yes, I can see why the lefties would be freaking out about a term ("dominionism") they invented.

Let's see-- the 7 Cultural Mountains are:

Business

Government

Media

Arts and Entertainment

Education

Family

Religion (the Church)

It's a strategy, not a theology. It is rooted in the idea (and the prayer) that God would raise up change agents to scale these cultural mountains and that these change agents would have a positive impact in each area of American life by moving culture toward Christian principles.

It's kind of like "Hope and Change" without destroying our country.

I don't know about anyone else, but Art should be above "moral" concerns. Art should be about the expression of ideas.

YES I found p*** Christ to be offensive. BUT it has a right to exist in a world where the free expression of ideas and commentary via art is a valued thing.

Someone coming in and saying "that's offensive because of X and Y and you can't do it, limits art. It limits freedom.

Okay, I am not trying to mischief make too much regarding Cruz. After all, I'm a British subject, so have no real say in who you in the US elect. But giving the recent way your right wing lot have behaved of late, and the fashion the Republicans have done their level best in practically blocking everything Obama has tried to do, it might be time for the Democrats to return the favour, so to speak.

I've seen your attack ads, carried out during US elections. There was one - a while back, think it was for NYC mayor - that had the other guy with a cardboard cut-out of his opponent. And he was simply worried that if the other guy won, why, he be so concerned about the health of the guy. Why, the poor fellow would not be able to do his job so the voters best vote for him instead! So, perhaps if the Democrats would remind the citizens about who the Republicans shut down the federal government that time, blocked appointments, how some of them have very odd views on everything from climate change to even how dare the citizens live. Y'know, stick the boot right in! With Cruz, what was good for the ones demanding to make sure Obama was born a US citizen, well, Cruz most certainly wasn't. Why, if I ran the anti campaign, I'd make dark hints about how Cruz was in fact going to make US health care just like Canada's, he is in fact a secret plot by those damned folk up north to wreck America. Untrue, you bet, but that sort of daft rumour is what's done towards others, so it's only fair to do the same to them!

Brilliant plan!!!

You should email that to Hillary right away. Mark the file- "Personal" and then "TOP SECRET" won't be necessary.

Yes, Ted Cruz learned all the ins and outs of the Canadian healthcare system by the time he was four years old and his parents moved to Texas. He's obviously intent on ruining the US healthcare system, by trying to make it more like Canada. Wait a minute! That would put him right in step with Obama and the Democrats.

• Like 2

Are you guys really still called subjects? I hope not.

Speaking as an American... Blocking policies I don't want works for me and at least half of the country or more. I'd rather the will of the left remains stifled and the dems had and used all the blocking power they could. They haven't been a Minority party for too long and had every means to accomplish anything they really wanted to for a long time.

I think the government shut down for a day and it affected nobody's life. Seriously, I ask all here for the both of us to share your horror story of the great government shutdown. Surely somebody who knows somebody who knows somebody in here can give a personal anecdote of just how terrible it was. Really. It's such a huge issue it must've had a large impact on the nation.

I don't know what specifics you are thinking of about how citizens dare live but that's pretty bold coming from a guy who thinks of himself as someone's subject.

I don't think Cruz was much around the scene for the birther craze. He only came to office in 2012, four years or more into the birther controversy which was pretty much accepted as a done deal by then.

Nothing about Canada is going to scare Americans. It's like warning that puppies are gonna get you. Sure we don't want their policies but that's honestly a boring idea for an opposition attack plan.

I don't know about anyone else, but Art should be above "moral" concerns. Art should be about the exp<b></b>ression of ideas.

YES I found p*** Christ to be offensive. BUT it has a right to exist in a world where the free exp<b></b>ression of ideas and commentary via art is a valued thing.

Someone coming in and saying "that's offensive because of X and Y and you can't do it, limits art. It limits freedom.

I wonder if the same museum will consider a p*** Allah piece?

I don't know about anyone else, but Art should be above "moral" concerns. Art should be about the expression of ideas.

YES I found p*** Christ to be offensive. BUT it has a right to exist in a world where the free expression of ideas and commentary via art is a valued thing.

I don't think anyone in the 7 Mountains movement is saying that statues should be smashed... that's what happened when a Christian nation retreated from the Middle East. I can't remember or decide which is true-- did we withdraw all our troops from Afghanistan and Iraq? My memory on the subject keeps flip flopping. I do know that we evacuated Libya and Yemen and ran while our embassies were overrun. And I'm certain that the President closed Guantanamo on his first day in office. If you heard today that we were leaving 10,000 troops in Afghanistan to prevent an uprising you must be mistaken.

I think that what the 7 Mountains people are saying is that when Christians withdraw from the world-- from business, from arts and entertainment, from government, etc.... The cultural shift is never positive. When they don't exert a positive cultural influence, culture declines by default.

By all means-- have your p*** Christ art. How about as a culture we simply don't celebrate and fund it through the National Endowment for the Arts (also known as Tax Dollars)?

But because Christians have allowed their voices to be silenced by mobs who shout loudly, their quiet influence is muted and so we have government funds used to award "art" like this. Many and most people like you, are offended by examples like this but tacitly approve with silent consent because of the hysteria that arises when anyone speaks up for dignity. God forbid that business leaders, government officials, or talented artists ever speak up in support of raising the cultural bar of decency.