Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Doomsday

UM-Bot

Tobias Wayland: I was very concerned when I first learned that the world would end on October 7th, 2015. The troubling news came through my earbuds as I sat, stunned, listening to Coast to Coast AM: “There is a very good possibility that October 7th, 2015…will be the last day of this prolonged period of time known in the Bible as 'Judgment Day'. On the last day God will bring about the resurrection of the dead, and the rapture of all those elect living and remaining upon the earth. And then, finally, the literal destruction of this world and universe with all unsaved people along with it.” This was especially bad timing for me, since I had so much more I wanted to do with my life, and to make matters worse, I was almost certainly not among the chosen who would ascend to heaven.

arrow3.gifView: Full Article
  • Like 1

I'm so sick of hearing about these "doomsday." Only God knows the date. Beware of the false prophets.

Edited by Princess Serenity

I thought the doomsday stuff died off. Did this guy forget that? It's over, move onto a new fake subject, please.

Well, unfortunately, there will be stupid people that will fall for it once again. And he'll try to make some money off of it.

All these doomsayers that like to qoute from the Bible, they always seem to leave this quote out.

Matthew 24:36

“But concerning that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels of heaven, nor the Son, but the Father only."

• Like 1

Soooooooooooo tired of these "predictions"

It's not a bad article about the fraud that Harold Camping perpetuated.

• Like 1

I'm going to sit back and enjoy it, just like I have the last five Apocalyses.

Well, the reason I wrote the article is because the idea of people like McCann profiting off of anyone's ignorance and desperation is hugely offensive. Not to mention the gall of someone who would try again after such a colossal failure. How many times does he think this can work?

• Like 3

Well, the reason I wrote the article is because the idea of people like McCann profiting off of anyone's ignorance and desperation is hugely offensive. Not to mention the gall of someone who would try again after such a colossal failure. How many times does he think this can work?

As many times as he gets a payday for it. When the money dries up, he'll give it up.

As many times as he gets a payday for it. When the money dries up, he'll give it up.

I agree. The good news is that there is a marked decrease in reported contributions after one of these failed attempts. The bad news, of course, is the amount of contributions collected going into it. In any case, I hope you enjoyed the article.

• Like 2

YEAAAAAAAAAAH I love these things.

Greatest excuses for parties

I don't even like parties, but end of the world ones I an get down with

Again? The end of the world just keeps on coming. Just in the past 15 years we've had: Y2K, Planet X, 2012 Mayan stuff, Mr Camping's Biblical apocalypse and now this one.

Again? The end of the world just keeps on coming. Just in the past 15 years we've had: Y2K, Planet X, 2012 Mayan stuff, Mr Camping's Biblical apocalypse and now this one.

So...let me get this straight Lil...a Large, loud UFO was sighted over Cannock Chase..at the same time that..Russia is unveiling a Flying Saucer House project...and... a Vast underground city is discovered in Turkey....meanwhile, the Federal Government is at War with the Farmers.

....and that is NOT the end of the world? Well, let me tell you something...when the Cannock Chase UFO beams you up and you suddenly find yourself in a prison underground somewhere in Turkey...and the Farmers lose the war with the Feds...yeah...you will be singing another tune sister!

...at least my raging sinus infection feels like its the end of the world to me.... I'm going to bed now....

• Like 3

Gentle reader, may I suggest before you comment, read the whole article.

Towards the end, it says:

"Which more or less catches us up to the current end times, with only one other major incident between then and now: at the end of 2013, after the last Armageddon, but before this one, Harold Camping died. He, along with Family Radio, had remained conspicuously silent in the time leading up to his death regarding the angelic algebra that had cost so many followers so much of their still-needed worldly possessions."

Edited by Likely Guy

Everyday is doomsday. So every morning when you find yourself still breathing, make your day worthwhile.

• Like 2

Tobias Wayland: I was very concerned when I first learned that the world would end on October 7th, 2015. The troubling news came through my earbuds as I sat, stunned, listening to Coast to Coast AM: "There is a very good possibility that October 7th, 2015…will be the last day of this prolonged period of time known in the Bible as 'Judgment Day'. On the last day God will bring about the resurrection of the dead, and the rapture of all those elect living and remaining upon the earth. And then, finally, the literal destruction of this world and universe with all unsaved people along with it." This was especially bad timing for me, since I had so much more I wanted to do with my life, and to make matters worse, I was almost certainly not among the chosen who would ascend to heaven.

arrow3.gifView: Full Article

So now instead of listening to Coast to Coast talking about the end of the world, you can now tell others about listening to Coast to Coast talking about the end of the world. What terrific news.
  • Like 1

If no man knows the time of the end of days then beware a woman's proclamation...*ducks and runs...*

• 2 months later...

Maybe doomsday will kill superman again?

Maybe doomsday will kill superman again?

How dare you, some of us haven't emotionally recovered from that