Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Secret Nazi lair ruins found in jungle

Still Waters

A team of Argentine archaeologists investigating a series of ruins in the jungle, close to the border with Paraguay, believe they have discovered a secret Nazi lair.

The cluster of stone structures, now covered by thick vines and accessible only when using a machete to cut through the undergrowth, contain stashes of German coins from the late 1930s, fragments of "Made in Germany" porcelain, and Nazi symbols on the walls.

http://www.telegraph...-in-jungle.html

• Like 1

Very interesting story, SW! Thanks so much for posting! You have to wonder how many more such stashes have yet to be discovered...perhaps filled with the ill-gotten gains and works of art plundered and stolen by the NAZIs....

• Like 2

Any sign of Hitler?

Edited by DefenceMinisterMishkin
  • Like 4

Any sign of Hitler?

Don't be silly, he is in the Moonbase.

• Like 4

Don't be silly, he is in the Moonbase.

Maybe the plans are there?

I hope the words "Made in Germany" weren't in English Should have been more like "In Deutschland Gemacht"

"Is it safe?"

• Like 1

If you can get past the pure evil the Nazi's perpetuated, which is almost impossible, they were fascinating and had some of the most unique and strange ideas that science fiction can't even make up. And they actually believed what they put out there.

If it's impenetrable, how did they get in? I literally died when I read that.

• Like 2

If it's impenetrable, how did they get in? I literally died when I read that.

Nazi codex

It is a shame it wasn't found earlier so they could have possibly found some of the people connected with it.

• Like 3

It is a shame it wasn't found earlier so they could have possibly found some of the people connected with it.

It's still a possibility, have you not heard of Nazi zombies?

:D

• Like 2

#12 Yes, they are really a threat in certain country. The best way to get ride of them is to dual wield rocket launchers while riding a velociraptor

I'm serious, these people participated in heinous things, and justice should be carried out if possible.

I'm serious, these people participated in heinous things, and justice should be carried out if possible.

What's your views on the scientist countries took after the war? Like the U S

Agree...in those days, Nazi's were evil, but US still took Werner Von Braun, and result was Apollo program...and other scientists contributed too...more or less secret

• Like 2

Agree...in those days, Nazi's were evil, but US still took Werner Von Braun, and result was Apollo program...and other scientists contributed too...more or less secret

There's alot more than that floating around from the Nazi's, it's just kind of hush-hush and pushed under the rug. There were some brilliant minds mixed with insanity and paranoia.

• Like 1

"Is it safe?"

I got that reference...

:)

• Like 1

germans escaping to south america....

i did nazi this coming...

• Like 4

And dropping nuclear weapons on innocent people makes us the good guys? It's all perspective.

Perhaps justice should be carried out on us as well

I'm a trifle sceptical of this.

The pictures show collapsed dry-stone buildings.

Some of the walls appear to have been plastered, and have what looks like graffiti on them.

If these buildings are "lost", and havn't been touched by human hand for 70 years, then why have they collapsed ? Where are all the tables and chairs ? And why does the piece of "German" pottery have "Made in Germany" stamped on it.... IN ENGLISH ?

Where are the stores of food, fuel, clothing, weapons and ammunition ? The books and maps ? A stove and cooking equipment ? Oil Lamps ? Tools ?

Why a scattering of German small change, but no actual Argentinian currency ? And why was it part-buried ?

The site shows no realistic signs of having been lived in by humans... certainly not humans accustomed to a 20th Century lifestyle.

And it seems REMARKABLY derelict and damaged for something that - supposedly - was being lived in around 60 years ago.

• Like 2

And dropping nuclear weapons on innocent people makes us the good guys? It's all perspective.

Dropping the bomb to end the war saving more lives and in self defense against a nation who had the same just as dangerous an ideology as hitlers people does not even begin to compare.

• Like 3

What's your views on the scientist countries took after the war? Like the U S

That is a ridiculously stupid question, do you think I am the type of person who condones such things? No. I know the U.S took in a lot of scientists who did horrific things, especially the Japanese ones, but there is nothing I can do. The U.S is my country, there is no country with a perfect record, but because damage is done in every war is that a reason to just let it slide?

I agree that it is all perspective, and I won't get into semantics on whether or not the bomb was justified or right. If justice is to be carried out, it is in Gods hands.

• Like 2