Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Britain to bolster Falklands defences.

stevewinn

Any plans to give Texas back to the Mexicans. I thought not.

Anyway back to the Falklands, Like i said Argentina never existed when the Islands where in British Hands.

You're simply wrong, Argentina did exist before FI where in British hands. And it doesn't matter anyway - whomever has ownership now is what matters. WTF does it matter when or how? Like the United States, it doesn't matter when and how we kicked British ass, just that we did and still own the land.

You're simply wrong, Argentina did exist before FI where in British hands. And it doesn't matter anyway - whomever has ownership now is what matters. WTF does it matter when or how? Like the United States, it doesn't matter when and how we kicked British ass, just that we did and still own the land.

Nope it was United Provinces which was a group of states, same back in the states, you had British America and the 13 Colonies, USA didn't exist until after the treaty of Paris

• Like 1

Im sorry but no, your simply wrong, Its rather simple - When did Argentina as a country come in to existence as a country in its own right - and once you've found this date compare it to British claims.

Has for kicking the British ass, you do realise don't you that you never achieved it alone, If it wasnt for the fact the British were fighting the French empire, Spanish empire and the Dutch Empire all at the same time as fighting the American War of Independence, If it wasn't for these countries your war of independence would have been quelled. It became difficult to transport troops and supplies due to French raids on transatlantic supply lines - But who'd have thought it, after this event the British went on to conquer the whole bloody world - building the biggest Empire the world has ever known, and unlikely to be ever achieved again.

But the new kid on the block the USA tried its luck again by declaring war on the British and its Northwest Territories in 1812. in 1814, It was a vintage year, I especially like the month of August of that year, when we marched right up to the White House, entering and proceeded to have Tea and jam Scones before burning the place down. Tally Ho.

British Empire.

The_British_Empire_Anachronous.png

American Empire.

American_Empire.PNG

• Like 4

But the new kid on the block the USA tried its luck again by declaring war on the British and its Northwest Territories in 1812. in 1814, It was a vintage year, I especially like the month of August of that year, when we marched right up to the White House, entering and proceeded to have Tea and jam Scones before burning the place down. Tally Ho.

You realize that there was more to 1812 than that, right?

I'm on the UK's side about the Falklands, don't lose an ally to go on an anti-US tirade, please.

• Like 1

You realize that there was more to 1812 than that, right?

I'm on the UK's side about the Falklands, don't lose an ally to go on an anti-US tirade, please.

I do indeed realise there is more to it, But i was going for the emotional provocative angle. i knew the whole white house burning would raise the heat in the kitchen. Oops Monkey seems the type of person i could have fun with. Its all in good fun.

Anyone who knows me - will tell you im very much Pro American. and the stick i've gotten for it over the years as been well worth it.

• Like 3

Again, if I take your literal statement the FI was in "British hands" in 1765 and Argentina became a country in 1816; that 52 year difference is not significant enough to reference it as "long before". THEREFORE, YOU ARE WRONG. The island might have been in the hands of the tea bagging British before Argentina was a country, but to say "long before" is an overstatement (and wrong) considering the vast history of the British empire and our earth's history as a whole, especially compared to other civilizations across the globe.

Again, if I take your literal statement the FI was in "British hands" in 1765 and Argentina became a country in 1816; that 52 year difference is not significant enough to reference it as "long before". THEREFORE, YOU ARE WRONG. The island might have been in the hands of the tea bagging British before Argentina was a country, but to say "long before" is an overstatement (and wrong) considering the vast history of the British empire and our earth's history as a whole, especially compared to other civilizations across the globe.

Well, i would, but the British claim goes back even further, 1690, It wasn't until the French left in 1765, that we claimed all the Islands, before the French handed over its claim to the Spanish. - Put it this way, 250 years by the British possession. - except ten weeks in 1982 when Argentina illegally invaded Sovereign British territory.

I think we're getting a bit pedantic here? Yes, it wasn't long before compared with, say, geological time, but in terms of simple mathematics it'll surely do for now.
  • Like 1

Well, i would, but the British claim goes back even further, 1690, It wasn't until the French left in 1765, that we claimed all the Islands, before the French handed over its claim to the Spanish. - Put it this way, 250 years by the British possession. - except ten weeks in 1982 when Argentina illegally invaded Sovereign British territory.

Holy ****, are you ****ing kidding me? Thank God I'm just ****ing around here and not actually vested in the history of nothing.

By the way - are there any Swallows there?

Edited by Oops Monkey

The Falklands is a British overseas territory. The people living there are British. 99,8 % percent of the population voted to stay under British rule. The UN supports the British claim.

There really isn't anything to discuss on that matter.

• Like 6

Holy ****, are you ****ing kidding me? Thank God I'm just ****ing around here and not actually vested in the history of nothing.

By the way - are there any Swallows there?

I'm not sure whether you're being serious or not.

The Falklands is a British overseas territory. The people living there are British. 99,8 % percent of the population voted to stay under British rule. The UN supports the British claim.

There really isn't anything to discuss on that matter.

What do you mean by overseas? And, more importantly, can the people who reside on the island really claim "they are British"?

What do you mean by overseas?

I mean exactly what I wrote. The staus of the Falkland Islands is a British overseas territory. http://en.wikipedia....eas_Territories

And, more importantly, can the people who reside on the island really claim "they are British"?

Again I meant exactly what I wrote. They are legally British Citizens. http://en.wikipedia....tories_Act_2002

Edited by Noteverythingisaconspiracy
  • Like 1

Right, but what is overseas really? And are they truly British? More importantly, no one has answered my question about the bloody Swallows!!

What do you mean by overseas? And, more importantly, can the people who reside on the island really claim "they are British"?

Ask a Stupid question.........

• Like 1

Post deleted because: Whats the point. :no:

Edited by Noteverythingisaconspiracy
  • Like 3

Right, but what is overseas really? And are they truly British? More importantly, no one has answered my question about the bloody Swallows!!

Overseas meaning well over the sea or ocean in this case. Yes they are british, they speak English, drive on the left, red post boxes, Land Rovers, houses built the British type, English language radio.

• Like 1

Overseas meaning well over the sea or ocean in this case. Yes they are british, they speak English, drive on the left, red post boxes, Land Rovers, houses built the British type, English language radio.

Ah, I see thank you. Now was that difficult? And what about my Swallows? I need some coconuts and wondering if they will be suitable for transporting them.

Yes, they are. And they want to be. Why is that so hard to comprehend?

Just like Gibraltar - as British as it gets

• Like 2

Argentina didn't exist really until 1861 when the current republic was finally established. The Falklands were periodically in British hands during the 1700's and were firmly in British hands 27 years before the modern Argentine republic came into existence.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

This isn't going to help:

http://www.bbc.co.uk...siness-32354222

Argentina is going down the tubes. there's instability brewing in Latin America. from Argentina to Venezuela.

• Like 1

Argentina is going down the tubes. there's instability brewing in Latin America. from Argentina to Venezuela.

The latter, largely thanks to ol' Pres. O and his chums at the CIA. "Venezuela a clear and present danger to the US". Oh for goodness sake. :rolleyes:

The latter, largely thanks to ol' Pres. O and his chums at the CIA. "Venezuela a clear and present danger to the US". Oh for goodness sake. :rolleyes:

No. That's bull****. Venezuela's instability stems from years of mismanagement by successive governments that have largely failed to address the economic instability and inherent corruption within Venezuela that has been persistent since the early 1980's. The people there have just had enough and it's not helped by that batshit president they have at the moment who steadfastly refuses to do anything about the issues because it would mean dismantling institutions created by Hugo Chavez. And that, in Venezuela, if you are a member of the government, is political suicide.

• Like 1