Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Germanwings airliner crashes in French Alps

Moon Gazer

They are saying on the news right now it was the co pilot and he deliberately crashed the plane ! They can hear him breathing naturally.

Please bear in mind that this information is all leaked and unconfirmed. And I am unsure how they can have reached a conclusion that he crashed it deliberately. His motives must remain unclear until the fuller picture has emerged. He may, for instance, have been trying to control the aircraft and bring it down safely. "Breathing naturally" is perhaps not something you would equate with a person who had just seized control of an aircraft and is about to commit suicide and mass murder.

"They" can say anything "they" want to on the news because it gets forgotten immediately afterwards. If one thing comes out of this tragedy, the need for 24 hour news coverage of these events to be undertaken far more responsibly is surely obvious. The immediate aftermath on news channels is sheer anarchy, which must make the situation even worse for those relatives and friends who are trying to find out what has happened to their loved ones.

To be clear, I am suggesting only that the news companies operate more responsibly and are more cautious about their speculation, particularly where it relates to people.

The copilot manually disabled the cockpit door so the captain couldn't reenter and then manually initiated the descent. The blackbox records approximately 10 minutes of the captain trying to gain entry to the cockpit.

I hope that there is a special place in hell reserved for the copilot.

• Like 2

The copilot manually disabled the cockpit door so the captain couldn't reenter and then manually initiated the descent. The blackbox records approximately 10 minutes of the captain trying to gain entry to the cockpit.

I hope that there is a special place in hell reserved for the copilot.

Well, you are making an assumption that the man is a suicide and a serial killer. Actually the stronger rumour is that there may have been a medical situation. Whatever it is, waiting until the facts actually come out is surely not too much to ask before making this sort of accusation?

I am making no assumption. The copilot manually disabled the cockpit door so that the captain could not reenter and manually initiated the descent. This is not rumour, this is a statement by French officials.

Edit to add: he would be considered a mass murderer not a serial killer.

Edited by Daughter of the Nine Moons
  • Like 1

Well, you are making an assumption that the man is a suicide and a serial killer. Actually the stronger rumour is that there may have been a medical situation. Whatever it is, waiting until the facts actually come out is surely not too much to ask before making this sort of accusation?

Does not appear to be assumption;

http://www.jpost.com...ed-plane-395212

German Andreas Lubitz, 28, left in sole control of the Airbus A320 after the captain left the cockpit, refused to re-open the door and operated a control that sent the plane into its final, fatal descent, the prosecutor told a news conference.

What has not been released is this guys ethnicity and religious background, which could be a determining factor for suicide or act of terrorism.

Edited by Socio
  • Like 1

The local news here (Boston area) are reporting that they are looking into the background of the co-pilot to see if he had any ties to "radical organizations".

• Like 1

Gosh this just makes me feel sick. I cannot imagine what those people went through in those last 8-10 minutes :(:(:(

• Like 1

Kamikaze it seems.

I am making no assumption. The copilot manually disabled the cockpit door so that the captain could not reenter and manually initiated the descent. This is not rumour, this is a statement by French officials.

Edit to add: he would be considered a mass murderer not a serial killer.

You are making an assumption about his motive.

There appears to be a desire here to attribute blame before all the facts have emerged. A discussion about possible explanation is clearly in order in such a forum. Blame is another matter and you are being premature.

I shall withdraw from this one.

I think that the copilot's actions are pretty self damning :tu:

• Like 3

I think that the copilot's actions are pretty self damning :tu:

I agree with you. Officials are saying that the co-pilot deliberately locked out the pilot and manually initiated a descent. Whatever his reasons are behind doing it, you cannot blame anyone else for his actions. I'm sure he did have his reasons, but if what the officials have said is true (which is what DOTNM is basing her opinion on) then the blame lies with this co-pilot. If he had not done those two things, I think it is pretty safe to assume that all those people would still be alive.

It's pretty much certain that the co-pilot did this purposefully. Whether he had some type of psychotic breakdown or was influenced by some radical organization (religious or political) appears to be yet undetermined.

Does not appear to be assumption;

http://www.jpost.com...ed-plane-395212

What has not been released is this guys ethnicity and religious background, which could be a determining factor for suicide or act of terrorism.

You lost me there. Andreas Lubitz is the name. Seems German to me. Lubitz could be a Polish last name but very common in Germany. As for his religion - he could be any.

Do you want to say that if he is anything else but muslim he would be not considered a terrorist but just a suicidal sick guy who made a bad choice?

The family of that co-pilot are probably going to be hit with the collateral damage of the investigations to tear the guy's private life apart.

How do they know it was the co pilot ? Some say because the body or parts of the body was found in the cockpit. Also did the captain ever fly with this co pilot before and could he have really been the German pilot? This was clearly not a suicide, but a intention to kill all those people.

Edited by docyabut2

How do they know it was the co pilot ? Some say because the body or parts of the body was found in the cockpit. Also did the captain ever fly with this co pilot before and could he have really been the German pilot? This was clearly not a suicide, but a intention to kill all those people.

I'm curious where you heard that.

I've been following this and it seems Lufthansa are one of the few, if not perhaps the only, major airline to not operate a 'two person' rule with respect how many people must be in the cockpit at all times. In every other major airline, if one of the cockpit crew takes a break and leaves the cockpit, another crew member must replace him/her before they can leave. I assume this is to prevent emergencies due to medical or psychological issues from either pilot or co-pilot.

I sense Lufthansa may be changing their policy in the very near future.

• Like 1

No manifesto?

Facebook page?

Surely this guy wrote something.

The news media are not on top of this, which is just as strange.,

I'm curious where you heard that.

On the news media, also they said today there will be DNA testing on the bodies before they are release to the families.

I'm never seen so much gleefully ghoulish speculation. "There is a special place in hell reserved for him" has to take the biscuit so far.

• Like 1

I find this event as one of the most cowardly ways to choose to go. Commit the act if you feel you must but why take all those innocent and blameless people with you.

Totally agree with you Susan! If you're going to commit suicide, why kill innocent people?? I don't like to make judgments until the facts are known, but if the preliminary reports are true, it is deeply troubling,,,,,

• Like 1

This is looking more and more like the possible fate of flight MH370.

Copy cat?

Edited by Raptor Witness
  • Like 1

You`d think there would be some rules of not leaving one pilot alone in a locked cockpit.

Exactly!

I know the regulations are different across the pond, but it just makes common sense that there should be at least 2 people in the cockpit at all times!!