Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Germanwings airliner crashes in French Alps

Moon Gazer

They also know it was the co pilot in the cockpit because they heard the captain `s voice banging on the door. I`d be curious if this captain ever flew with this co pilot before or knew what he looked like. A terrorist group could have kidnapped the pilot , dressed some one in his uniform and got into the cockpit. The bodies had to be many pieces crashing into the mountain and are not identified yet.

The hypothetical "replacement" co-pilot would have to be a very competent A320 operator, otherwise he would have aroused suspicions in the pilot.

If this was an 'organised' Islamic Terrorist attack, then one or the other of the various groups would surely have claimed responsibility by now ?

If this was a "lone wolf" Islamist, then presumably he would have left a note... something explaining his actions, and ensuring that the Kuffir would become frightened; otherwise the act would not be effective. It would serve no purpose to the Ummah.

I dunno folks. This doesn't .... feel ? ......like a terrorist attack at the moment, of ANY stripe.

• Like 1

They also know it was the co pilot in the cockpit because they heard the captain `s voice banging on the door. I`d be curious if this captain ever flew with this co pilot before or knew what he looked like. A terrorist group could have kidnapped the pilot , dressed some one in his uniform and got into the cockpit. The bodies had to be many pieces crashing into the mountain and are not identified yet.

You assume WAY too much. Yes, they knew each other. There is no hint whatsoever that it was a terrorist attack.

• Like 2

The whole thing is weird. According to his profile posted on the BBC he seemed like a normal 28 year old guy. What on Earth could have made him do such a horrendous act. One thing that strikes me is odd is reports that he sounded monotone just before the pilot left the cabin.

The whole thing is weird. According to his profile posted on the BBC he seemed like a normal 28 year old guy. What on Earth could have made him do such a horrendous act. One thing that strikes me is odd is reports that he sounded monotone just before the pilot left the cabin.

What makes people steer their car into the oncoming traffic?

Edited by FLOMBIE

Could it be that he suffered from some type of stroke or mental break? It's just odd how he begins the flight all normal and then appears to go strange.

Crikey, have you thought of taking over the Tom Clancy franchise from whichever ghostwriter currently has the job?
  • Like 3

Possibly. It happened to me. Terrorists kidnapped my wife and in came a tall busty blonde. I did not notice that although I am married to my wife for quite a few years.

• Like 2

Um... and this alleged "Investigator" seems to need to brush up on his medical knowledge too, since people do actually continue to breathe even if they're unconscious, does he know?

From the same article:

“At this stage, the co-pilot is in control, alone,” the prosecutor said. “It is when he is alone that the co-pilot manipulates the flight monitoring system to activate the descent of the plane.” The prosecutor said that this action could only have been “voluntary.”

The control the co-pilot activated requires several turns, Mr. Robin said, and it could not have been turned to such a low altitude accidentally.

Pretty neat trick, if you're unconscious.

• Like 3

From the same article:

“At this stage, the co-pilot is in control, alone,” the prosecutor said. “It is when he is alone that the co-pilot manipulates the flight monitoring system to activate the descent of the plane.” The prosecutor said that this action could only have been “voluntary.”

The control the co-pilot activated requires several turns, Mr. Robin said, and it could not have been turned to such a low altitude accidentally.

Pretty neat trick, if you're unconscious.

correct,

4035893488_976a14d8ee_o.jpg

to change the altitude you have to first disconnect the Altitude Hold switch and then set the right knob under the altitude indicator to sink or you have to manually turn the left knob to an altitude lower than ground. Both quite amazing tricks if you are out of it.

• Like 2

would pushing control stick forward not make the plane dive, even in auto pilot?

no, you would have to switch off the computer to manually control an A320, it is a fly-by-wire cockpit.

The copilot committed two acts that are recorded on the black boxes that prove beyond a shadow of a doubt these were purposeful acts and that they led to the destruction of the aircraft:

per AP: The A320 is designed with safeguards to allow emergency entry if a pilot inside is unresponsive, but the override code known to the crew does not go into effect — and indeed goes into a lockdown — if the person inside the cockpit specifically denies entry, according to an Airbus training video and a pilot who has six years of experience with the jets.
This means the copilot purposely locked the pilot out.

From
: "When he was alone, the co-pilot manipulated the buttons of the flight monitoring system to initiate the aircraft's descent," Robin said.
This can't be done automatically, it was a manipulation of controls at the copilots stations.

Neither of the above could be done by mistake and the copilot had complete control till the end as we was heard to be breathing. What would you call this act?

I would call it the act of one ungodly selfish, self centered, all about me, mass murdering piece of fecal matter to put it politely.

• Like 1

You mention that the First Officer spoke in a "monotone" voice, which can indicate depression. I'm ex cabin crew, I can only imagine with my experience, how horrifying it was for the crew; but those poor passengers ... RIP all that died.

Edited by Star of the Sea
  • Like 1

I would call it the act of one ungodly selfish, self centered, all about me, mass murdering piece of fecal matter to put it politely.

I think you summed this POS up very well.

• Like 1

Just throwing out a thought, I have been more or less deliberately not reading too much about this. What is "normal breathing?" I assume it rules out hyperventilation, choking, snoring, gasping, or whatever, but was his breathing deep or shallow? Was it deliberately controlled, or did it seem like ordinary daily breathing? While it's apparent his actions were intentional, I'm wondering if any medical effects might have contributed. This is probably just my unwillingness to believe that this was totally deliberate, but did he have a history of, I don't know, epilepsy or something?

Its just so hard to believe a average pilot would do such a thing in killing so many people with them , even though there are many cases of pilots doing the same.In this day and age of terrorism I`m holding out until every one is identified if this was this pilot.

http://news.aviation...-pilot-suicide/

Edited by docyabut2

The recorder got the co-pilot`s normal breathing pattern ,SO It wasnt a medical issue ! But It was a very sad event ! :tu:

Seems European airlines have hurried through US style procedures of not allowing a pilot alone in a cockpit.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-32075657

Sadly it is 150 odd lives too late. I don't believe you can legislate against lunatics but I can't help wondering why the USA saw this as a potential problem yet it was overlooked/dismissed in Europe.

• Like 5

We tend to learn from our mistakes ,not of our Knowledge of What we really Are ! :tu:

I just read about the co-pilot and what happened. In my opinion he had to have done that on purpose.

He had to have had minutes to watch those gages slowly spiraling downward, and those mountains slowly coming up in front of him. He could have pulled up at any time, but he purposefully sat there while the pilot banged on the door and watched the plane smash into a mountainside.

I'd suspect that the fellow was mentally unbalanced at the time, but myself, I don't consider that an excuse for killing 150 people. Drive yourself off a cliff for God's sake if you Must kill yourself.

Even his decent rate wouldn't send alarm signals to the Airbus, however, had he come down at a steeper decent the plane is designed to pull the nose up if the airspeed reaches the overspeed limit. What he did was deliberate knowing how the airbus operates.

It was either suicide, or, being a recent Muslim convert, (reportedly) his one man Jihad. In my opinion.

Seems European airlines have hurried through US style procedures of not allowing a pilot alone in a cockpit.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-32075657

Sadly it is 150 odd lives too late. I don't believe you can legislate against lunatics but I can't help wondering why the USA saw this as a potential problem yet it was overlooked/dismissed in Europe.

Legislation. America leads in this department. Crony capitalism has its benefits.

• Like 1

Even his decent rate wouldn't send alarm signals to the Airbus, however, had he come down at a steeper decent the plane is designed to pull the nose up if the airspeed reaches the overspeed limit. What he did was deliberate knowing how the airbus operates.

It was either suicide, or, being a recent Muslim convert, (reportedly) his one man Jihad. In my opinion.

Appears that major news outlets are now taking the news out of Germany that the co-pilot was a recent convert to Islam as a fact, and not a rumor. He apparently was staying at a Mosque during and immediately after his training.

It still has to be shown that he was Radicalized. It could still just be a coincidence.