Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Germanwings airliner crashes in French Alps

Moon Gazer

I know in military aviation the CO is the first to know if one oh his or her aircrew is medically disabled. They are not going to risk a multimillion dollar aircraft to someone not in condition to fly so why would risking 150 lives be less important?

Well, the "normal procedure" for a doctor, when determining a pilot unfit for a job, is to report it to the aviation authorities... problem is that the doctor has to know that his patient is a pilot and not some other kind of airline employee who would be only a danger to himself if suicidal. That shows up nowhere in medical records unless the patient disclosed it. In the current case it is even more complicated because the guy was a steward before taking up pilot training. If he has seen the same doctor for a number of years there is no reason for the doctor to ask if he changed his job.

In the air force pilots go to the air force hospital and there it is mandatory to inform COs about the findings (even for non-pilots).

Well, the "normal procedure" for a doctor, when determining a pilot unfit for a job, is to report it to the aviation authorities... problem is that the doctor has to know that his patient is a pilot and not some other kind of airline employee who would be only a danger to himself if suicidal. That shows up nowhere in medical records unless the patient disclosed it. In the current case it is even more complicated because the guy was a steward before taking up pilot training. If he has seen the same doctor for a number of years there is no reason for the doctor to ask if he changed his job.

In the air force pilots go to the air force hospital and there it is mandatory to inform COs about the findings (even for non-pilots).

Correct and I should've added that when sick an aviator will avoid the flight surgeon like the plague which is a problem as well, nothing is perfect.

Edited by Merc14

I think that employers should be able to check the mental health of their aircrew because a suicidal pilot can do a lot of damage killing a lot of people.

Thats correct but I think some background about the pilot candidates selection processes of LUFTHANSA is required here. All LH pilot candidates have to pass

an very extensive two-stage test and this test is conducted by the DLR (German Aerospace Center) in Cologne/Germany, means at the same institution that select

and train ESA astronauts. The two-stage test has one section in that the expert-knowledge is tested and the 2nd test section is about the physical and the mental

fitness. These test are hardcore and are not peanuts. 90 to 95% of all candiates do not pass the test, means just 50 to 100 ppl out of 1000 pass the test and can

start their training at LH, so Lubitz has passed the test. A part of the LH pilot training, flying training, is done in Arizona/US. For this training all pilot canditates must

have a medical certificate, granted by the FAA, and the test for this certificate covers the physical and the mental fitness as well. Lubitz interupted his training in

Arizona but passed the FAA tests without any abnormality before he continued his training there. And he also passed his yearly medical examinations to keep his

pilot licence valid. We dont know if he had mental problems at the time he did the test at the DLR and we do not know if he had problems while in Arizona. And,

its easy to diagnose a flu infection but its very difficult to diagnose if a pilot is planning a disaster as happen. Its nearly impossible.

If there's doubt with them then they should be grounded until a doctor is satisfied they

are fit to fly.

Thats correct too but Lubitz passed his yearly medical examination without findings in relation to mental problems.

I've also been reading that he recently converted to Islam. If he was having mental problems to begin with the radicals could have saw opportunity here since he was a pilot. Maybe Mannheimer is prejudice but it not like its far fetched radical Islamist would do something like this.

He could have been temporarily possessed by a new demonic power, trying to make a name for itself.

Hence, his silence throughout the process, and the "normal breathing" reported, which doesn't seem like a purely human response.

How is "normal breathing" and silence in any way indicative of demonic possesion ?

Sometimes I just can't understand how some of our posters think. :no:

How is "normal breathing" and silence in any way indicative of demonic possesion ?

Well, at least he isn't saying he dreamed about it this time which is his usual MO. :w00t:

Edited by Merc14

I've also been reading that he recently converted to Islam. If he was having mental problems to begin with the radicals could have saw opportunity here since he was a pilot. Maybe Mannheimer is prejudice but it not like its far fetched radical Islamist would do something like this.

Where he you been reading this? Some pundit in some paper somewhere? I haven't seen a single mention of it anywhere in any news outlet.

Although that may be further proof of Bee's conspiracy theory that is's all being hushed up, of course.

No. Within any serious news source, that's not even a consideration.

In this case we should never consider hypotheticals, especially from a fringe source.

Edit: "What if", "maybe", "perhaps"... I'd take it with a few tons of salt.

Edited by Likely Guy

I guess it's just another way of saying, "he's cold."

Of course, I imagine he's rather hot, now.

The humanists always want to discount the potential for some sort of evil beyond the norm.

Would you prefer, remnant NAZI seed?

You must admit there've been some strange mishaps with airlines lately.

Edited by Raptor Witness

Now they are saying he was also being treated for vision problems, his last test for the airline was in the summer of 2014, so maybe is eyes took a turn for the worst on that day. Could it be possible he couldn't see what he was doing when lefted alone.

A subsequent New York Times report on Saturday, citing two officials with knowledge of the investigation, said Lubitz sought treatment before the crash for vision problems.

Do they know what the Doctor specialize in, that gave him those notes that he was unfit to work.?

http://www.cnn.com/2...main/index.html

Girlfriend `s quote-

When I heard about the crash, I remembered a sentence... he said: 'One day I'll do something that will change the system, and then everyone will know my name and remember it'," said the woman, a flight attendant the paper gave the pseudonym of Maria W.He also had bad dreams of the plane crashing.

Do you think he was having premonitions of what would happen?

Edited by docyabut2

There are a number of very severe illnesses which can be diagnosed by looking at the human optic nerve.

If the optic nerve is swollen or inflamed, for example, optic neuritis is typically an early symptom of multiple sclerosis in humans.

The optic nerve is a window to the human brain.

There are a number of very severe illnesses which can be diagnosed by looking at the human optic nerve.

If the optic nerve is swollen or inflamed, for example, optic neuritis is typically an early symptom of multiple sclerosis in humans.

The optic nerve is a window to the human brain.

Just wonder if he could had Glaucoma, Glaucoma has been nicknamed the "sneak thief of sight" because it often goes undetected and causes irreversible damage to the eye. There are usually no symptoms in the early stages of the disease. Many people have glaucoma but are not aware of it. As the disease progresses, vision seems to fluctuate and peripheral vision fails. If left untreated, vision can be reduced to tunnel vision and eventually, total blindness.

That happen to my hubby, one day he could see alright, then it hit in a matter of a month, he had the tunnel vision. We did`nt know what is was until to late the Doc said.

They said on the news he went to the eye clinic in February and March. Just like to think that this guy didn't just deliberately kill himself and all those people, but of another reason just to keep his job.

The co-pilot reportedly has psychological problems. The spirit of Ama prophesied in the Record of Life on 1998-12-23, “There will be an increase of those who will become crazy which doctors or anyone knows the cause. We should pray that they do not stray from the true path. You should be good until the Last Day.” Is this one of the fulfillments of His prophecy?

Edited by Peace Crusader

The motive of the ex-girlfriend to say anything and everything, would be to deflect attention away from her

For that reason, I'm not sure she could be considered reliable with regard to the story that he wanted to make a name for himself.

The last thing any ex wants to admit, is that they were the real problem.

Edited by Raptor Witness

The motive of the ex-girlfriend to say anything and everything, would be to deflect attention away from her

For that reason, I'm not sure she could be considered reliable with regard to the story that he wanted to make a name for himself.

Good grief are you suggesting that the ex-girlfriend is somehow responsible?

• Like 1

Let's not forget his mother and father as well, DoT. I mean, everything else speculative seems to be on the table, so we may as well speculate he suffered from Oedipus Complex and his action was done in a fit of rage to spite his father for taking his mother away from him. :unsure:

Because, you know, speculation always uncovers the 'correct answer'. :mellow:

• Like 2

The spirit of Ama prophesied in the Record of Life on 1998-12-23, “There will be an increase of those who will become crazy which doctors or

anyone knows the cause. We should pray that they do not stray from the true path. You should be good until the Last Day.” Is this one of the

fulfillments of His prophecy?

What?

• Like 2

An ex is never the problem (unless they are a serial killer) it's how you deal with the fact it is their life, and you ain't part of it, that determines if there is a problem. And if there is a problem, the problem is yours, not theirs.

http://www.cbc.ca/m/news/topstories/air-canada-ac624-crash-airline-says-weather-conditions-were-safe-1.3013979

Another A320 crashed today at the Halifax airport in Nova Scotia, Canada. No deaths. 23 injured. None seriously. Cause of the crash yet to be determined.

Edited by acidhead

I'll repeat what I said before here, I'm a firm believer that behind every serial killer man is a woman, he hated.

It doesn't mean that it's rational.

Besides, given that it's a tabloid she spoke to, you can be sure she got paid for her story.

She kills two birds with one stone with her story.

1) She deflects the tension away from herself.

2) She gets paid well for all the misery he is causing her now.

It's one thing to say something like that to the police, it's a whole other to say it to the media.

Her story would be worth 10 times the amount, if she could exaggerate just a little bit.

That's why she talked to a tabloid.

I suppose The Bild is the equivalent of the National Enquirer here in the states?

She could've gotten 100 times the money if she just said that aliens told him to do it.

Edited by Raptor Witness
  • Like 2

I'll repeat what I said before here, I'm a firm believer that behind every serial killer man is a woman, he hated.

It doesn't mean that it's rational.

Besides, given that it's a tabloid she spoke to, you can be sure she got paid for her story.

She kills two birds with one stone with her story.

1) She deflects the tension away from herself.

2) She gets paid well for all the misery he is causing her now.

It's one thing to say something like that to the police, it's a whole other to say it to the media.

Her story would be worth 10 times the amount, if she could exaggerate just a little bit.

That's why she talked to a tabloid.

I suppose The Bild is the equivalent of the National Enquirer here in the states?

She could've gotten 100 times the money if she just said that aliens told him to do it.

He's not a serial killer, so your assessment of her in that context is meaningless. As there is no known correlation between mass murderers and women/ex's they may hate, your assessment of her in those terms is also meaningless.

• Like 1

He's not a serial killer, so your assessment of her in that context is meaningless. As there is no known correlation between mass murderers and women/ex's they may hate, your assessment of her in those terms is also meaningless.

Are you really going to argue the nuances between a serial killer and a mass murderer?

It's not an "assessment," it's just a theory.

I wouldn't be so sure about that. The ex girlfriends always like to talk, and talk now, they are.

I'm a firm believer In the Freudian line of thinking that behind every male, mass murder is a woman, he hated.

Nothing against women, but that's usually who they are actually killing.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/aviation/11501075/Andreas-Lubitz-planned-spectacular-gesture-that-would-go-down-in-history-claims-ex-girlfriend.html

"Maria added: "He knew how to hide what was really going on and how hide it from other people."

She added: "When I heard about the crash, there was just a tape playing in my head of what he said: 'One day I will do something that will change the system and everyone will then know my name and remember me."

"I did not know what he meant by that at the time, but now it's clear."

Edited by Raptor Witness

TSS is correct, he is not a serial killer but he is a mass murderer. Nuances sometimes do matter.

You say "nothing against women" but you proceed build lame a case against his gf/ex-gf. You are making assumptions about how she's profiting from the story, how she's "deflecting tension" away from herself. give me a break. If she said nothing I have a feeling that you would be claiming that she's being secretive and hiding things. He murdered 149 people, not her the woman you are assuming that he "hates".

As a side note: I'm of the school of thought that Freud over thought things and had mommy and daddy issues of his own :tu:

http://www.cbc.ca/m/...-safe-1.3013979

Another A320 crashed today at the Halifax airport in Nova Scotia, Canada. No deaths. 23 injured. None seriously. Cause of the crash yet to be determined.

It slid off the runway landing in a snow storm

• Like 3

Where he you been reading this? Some pundit in some paper somewhere? I haven't seen a single mention of it anywhere in any news outlet.

Although that may be further proof of Bee's conspiracy theory that is's all being hushed up, of course.

There are heaps of headlines speculating that, as well as some who find the speculation unwarranted.

LINK - GERMAN NEWS REPORT: Co-Pilot of Germanwings Airbus Was MUSLIM CONVERT …’Hero of Islamic State’?

LINK - The Evidence That the Germanwings Copilot Was Muslim Is Sketchy as Hell

There is even a facebook page claiming a victory for Islam

mtm9kwhsdugptaqm7zxa.jpg

I can see how the claim got out, and we both know why, but the second link seems to put the claims into perspective and it sounds like he was just some self centered moron who thought this would bring him global infamy.

As a legacy, the globe should refer to him as "that bloke who crashed the Germanwing plane and killed all those people". Never a name.

• Like 1