Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Germanwings airliner crashes in French Alps

Moon Gazer

TSS is correct, he is not a serial killer but he is a mass murderer. Nuances sometimes do matter.

You say "nothing against women" but you proceed build lame a case against his gf/ex-gf. You are making assumptions about how she's profiting from the story, how she's "deflecting tension" away from herself. give me a break. If she said nothing I have a feeling that you would be claiming that she's being secretive and hiding things. He murdered 149 people, not her the woman you are assuming that he "hates".

The point was the credibility of what she said, not that she was the one he hated.

I question the part about the ex-boyfriend needing to make a name for himself.

In other words, I don't believe her without other corroborating evidence.

This is extremely important, because it goes towards the issue of premeditation.

Edited by Raptor Witness
  • Like 1

The co-pilot reportedly has psychological problems. The spirit of Ama prophesied in the Record of Life on 1998-12-23, “There will be an increase of those who will become crazy which doctors or anyone knows the cause. We should pray that they do not stray from the true path. You should be good until the Last Day.” Is this one of the fulfillments of His prophecy?

If you're hearing voices it's more like a self-fulfilling prophecy.
  • Like 2

@toast

Yes, the spirit of Ama prophesied this. Not only did He say this on 1998-12-23, but also prior to it. Same thing, craziness, mental illness, etc. I have a write-up of this in http://aristean.org/insanity.htm .

And: http://www.internati...ad.php?t=246378

Are we to go down the same path?

Edited by Likely Guy
  • Like 1

@toast

Yes, the spirit of Ama prophesied this. Not only did He say this on 1998-12-23, but also prior to it. Same thing, craziness, mental illness, etc. I have a write-up of this in http://aristean.org/insanity.htm .

So he predicted that in 16 years time, someone would crash a plane deliberately, and that's proof of the Second Coming or whatever?

@toast

Yes, the spirit of Ama prophesied this. Not only did He say this on 1998-12-23, but also prior to it. Same thing, craziness, mental illness, etc.

I have a write-up of this in http://aristean.org/insanity.htm .

I`m not interested in "spirit" and "prophecy" nonsense but I have to agree on "craziness, mental illness, etc" in at least one case here. If you

know what I mean, Mr. Fernando.

• Like 1

I sure would still like to know what visions problems he was having. The captain told him to prepare for the landing when he left the cockpit. It could be possible he had a sudden attack of blindness and just could`nt see what he was doing, even to see to unlock the door. There is a reason the doctors gave him notes to his unfitness and it might not just be all psychological.

http://www.cnn.com/2...know/index.html

Edited by docyabut2

I sure would still like to know what visions problems he was having. The captain told him to prepare for the landing when he left the cockpit. It could be possible he had a sudden attack of blindness and just could`nt see what he was doing, even to see to unlock the door. There is a reason the doctors gave him notes to his unfitness and it might not just be all psychological.

He had a separated retina, but only in one eye, so while probably not having a stereoscopic vision he was able to see.

• Like 1

I really wish what you are saying could be true, so I could believe he didn't deliberately crash that plane (for whatever reasons). However the pilot was banging on the door and shouting and towards the end passengers were screaming. If he had truly had an issue in where he had lost his vision (and somehow mistakenly overridden the door lock) then he would not have stayed silent. He would have shouted something to the effect of there was a medical emergency and he could not see to open the door. He said absolutely nothing.

• Like 1

I really wish what you are saying could be true, so I could believe he didn't deliberately crash that plane (for whatever reasons). However the pilot was banging on the door and shouting and towards the end passengers were screaming. If he had truly had an issue in where he had lost his vision (and somehow mistakenly overridden the door lock) then he would not have stayed silent. He would have shouted something to the effect of there was a medical emergency and he could not see to open the door. He said absolutely nothing.

He could have fainted from the shock of the blindness. and isn't the pilot suppose to lock the door when the captain leaves ?

He could have fainted from the shock of the blindness. and isn't the pilot suppose to lock the door when the captain leaves ?

Please explain how he reset the cabin door locking mechanism so the code emergency wouldn't work and then manually reset the altitude hold controls and set the plane on a collision course with the ground all while blind and unconscious?

• Like 6

From what I have read in the news (which admittedly is not always true!) he had a "regular" breathing pattern which indicated that he was not unconscious (a deeper, slower breathing pattern) or in pain from a medical emergency like a heart attack (faster, shallow breathing).

With regards to the door lock, I believe that it locks automatically and the pilot would have had to enter a code to gain re-entry. However this code system can be over-riden from the flight deck. I guess in a case where there was a hostage situation and a pilot was out of the flight deck with someone attempting to gain entry to the c*** pit, the remaining pilot could chose to over-ride the code entry system to avoid the person gaining control of the plane.

In this case, the second officer manually over-rose the code system so that the pilot could not gain entry after entering his code.

I don't know if the over-ride is a simple switch that could easily be pushed mistakenly, however given what actual evidence has been collected so far (voice recorder), I would say the chances of this been an accident (in my opinion) are slim to none. Although I would love to be proven wrong in that opinion rather than this be a deliberate act!!

• Like 1

All these leaks are completely out of the norm for transportation safety investigations.

They might as well just leak the whole file now, and wipe away everybody's question marks. Let us hear the whole conversation for ourselves, including the screams in the background, because that's what the public demands. We all know that sex and violence feed the media frenzy every day.

The whole issue of premeditation seems to be mitigated by this "bathroom break" part of the conversation. The copilot couldn't have known that the guy would take a bathroom break mid-flight, given the conversation that is being quoted.

If true, then a twist of fate may have played a role in this crash, which adds a whole other element to the mix.

Edited by Raptor Witness
  • Like 1

German TV just reports that the co-pilot of GW was in treatment for suicide before taking up pilot training.

German TV just reports that the co-pilot of GW was in treatment for suicide before taking up pilot training.

Somebody is in a real hurry to wrap the case.

• Like 1

Somebody is in a real hurry to wrap the case.

I am beginning to think along these lines.

FFS, we have a depressed, Islamic convert who has suffered years of suicidal treatment yet he was continually seen fit to fly planes.

Something is not right or very lapse with GW.

Edited by skookum

I noticed when flying from Phoenix to Seattle on Saturday, that when one of the pilots needed to use the restroom and get a beverage, the flight attendants made an announcement that all passengers were to return to their seats, no exceptions, and put their seatbelts on... I thought maybe turbulace was expected, until the attendants stood shoulder to shoulder in first class, with their arms out, forming a human barrier of sorts, and then the cockpit door opened, and was left open while the pilots used the restroom and got beverages for themselves. When they were done and the door was closed, the seatbelt light went off.

I'm SURE this was in response to Germanwings.

Edited by MissMelsWell
  • Like 1

I am beginning to think along these lines.

FFS, we have a depressed, Islamic convert who has suffered years of suicidal treatment yet he was continually seen fit to fly planes.

Something is not right or very lapse with GW.

Where did you get that he was an Islamic convert?

Where did you get that he was an Islamic convert?

BILD Zeitung maybe.

Edited by toast

Please explain how he reset the cabin door locking mechanism so the code emergency wouldn't work and then manually reset the altitude hold controls and set the plane on a collision course with the ground all while blind and unconscious?

The min the captain left the cockpit he was suppose to lock the door in case of terrorists ,and was told to prepare for landing. That fact that he had visions problems says a lot and saw doctors in February and March for it. The bodies were so polarized by the impact, we will never know what he was experiencing in trying to prepare for that landing. Sorry guys but I just don't believe he did it deliberately.

Edited by docyabut2

The min the captain left the cockpit he was suppose to lock the door in case of terrorists ,and was told to prepare for landing. That fact that he had visions problems says a lot and saw doctors in February and March for it. The bodies were so polarized by the impact, we will never know what he was experiencing in trying to prepare for that landing. Sorry guys but I just don't believe he did it deliberately.

He had to work another separate control to over-ride the captain punching in a code to let himself back the cabin though.

As far as his mental/physycal state, may I suggest reading this: http://news.nationalpost.com/news/world/five-things-we-now-know-about-andreas-lubitz-since-he-crashed-flight-4u-9525-into-the-french-alps/

They're saying now that the co-pilot had a history of treatment for suicidal tendencies.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/03/31/world/europe/germanwings-copilot-andreas-lubitz.html?_r=0

DÜSSELDORF, Germany — Before he received his pilot’s license or achieved his dream of flying passenger jets, the co-pilot of the crashed Germanwings jetliner was so troubled that he underwent treatment for “suicidal tendencies,” a prosecutor said Monday, raising questions about what the airline should have known about his condition.

Under current German law that emphasizes privacy, it was up to Mr. Lubitz to disclose his history to doctors examining his fitness to fly, according to Roland Quast, medical director of Aeromedical Center Germany in Stuttgart.

“What is decisive is that the pilot tells the truth,” he said. “If he lies, we don’t have lie detectors.”

Well, we wouldn't want his feelings being hurt, so I think this is a good policy... NOT! Is the medical privacy of a pilot worth 150 lives?

• Like 1