Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Scientists develop night vision eye drops

UM-Bot

A group of California researchers has found a way to enhance a person's ability to see in the dark.

Independent research group "Science for the Masses" decided to take a special chemical used to treat night blindness and adapt it to enhance the latent night vision of biochemist Gabriel Licina who had no inherent problems with his eyesight.

Read More: http://www.unexplain...ision-eye-drops

• Like 1

Let's put this on the "Things that are cool but do not sound safe" list

The results seems shady. Yep.... And if it works there will be definitely some kinda side-effects.

Military, police, and maybe rescue persons are the only ones to benefit from something like this. After use the person would have to either be locked up in a dark or very dimly lit room or wear some kind of really dark sunglasses.

I have night blindness & wear glasses. Still I don't think I would use this Ce6, unless it was REALLY tested !

Or you could just buy some night vision goggles that will enable you to see extinct birds and teleporting lizards.

• Like 1

One test four volunteers, by recognition? Could it be any less scientific. They don't even mention the mechanism - is this pupil dilation or a retinal effect? If retinal, how is this chemical getting inside?

I'll refrain from making obvious jokes about where is the blind / double blind component.. but really, such a thing should (and easily can) be properly and rigorously tested. Unless they are just wanting to sell a 'natural' product and avoid proper approvals.. Hmm, 1st April almost here, btw...

• Like 1

Kind of sounds like what the alien greys have over their eyes as well. I always thought it was a lense over there eyes.

One test four volunteers, by recognition? Could it be any less scientific. They don't even mention the mechanism - is this pupil dilation or a retinal effect? If retinal, how is this chemical getting inside?

I'll refrain from making obvious jokes about where is the blind / double blind component.. but really, such a thing should (and easily can) be properly and rigorously tested. Unless they are just wanting to sell a 'natural' product and avoid proper approvals.. Hmm, 1st April almost here, btw...

I thought it was interesting until I arrived at the part describing how it was tested........

(sarcasm) they carried out the same test 2 weeks later, with the same group of subjects, without the eye drops, they were surprised to find the results were the same.....the only conclusion they could reach was that the chemical had long lasting effects.

• Like 1

The PERFECT example of BAD science. This is why the scientific method exists, why peer review exists, why idiots like these should stay OUT of the sciences, or at the very least, talk to people who know what they are doing.

All this showed (apart from the incompetence) was that people have different night vision abilities. Gee, whoda thort.

Edited by ChrLzs

The PERFECT example of BAD scioence. This is why the scientific method exists, why peer review exists, why idiots like these should stay OUT of the sciences, or at the very least, talk to people who know what they are doing.

All this showed (apart from the incompetence) was that people have different night vision abilities. Gee, whoda thort.

makes you wonder (suspect) that the tests are done in such a way, on purpose, knowing that 'proper testing' may not show the chemicals in such a good light (excuse the pun)

Edited by quillius
  • Like 1

Riddick: Think someone could spend half their life in a slam with a horse bit in their mouth and not believe? ... Jack: Where the hell can I get eyes like that?

• Like 1

I'll stick to eating carrots! :D

Fun fact: That's why pirates of old used to wear a patch over one eye. So they always had one eye accustomed to the dark when navigating the dark interior of a ship.

They should add Ce6 to all eyedrops. If this ever becomes available on the market over the counter I will definitely purchase myself some of it. They should invent infra-red eyedrops.

They should add Ce6 to all eyedrops. If this ever becomes available on the market over the counter I will definitely purchase myself some of it. They should invent infra-red eyedrops.

..sigh..

Note to all scammers - there's your target market...