Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Davros of Skaro

Y'all Just Want To Sin

60 posts in this topic

XenoFish

I have a question. Why does is seem that those of religion tend to "sin" more than those who are not? I mean they like to judge and condemn other freely, etc.

• Like 1

GoldenWolf

I have a question. Why does is seem that those of religion tend to "sin" more than those who are not? I mean they like to judge and condemn other freely, etc.

Here is a thought to entertain:

Proverbs 14:9 King James Version (KJV)

9 Fools make a mock at sin: but among the righteous there is favour.

http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showpost.php?p=597206&postcount=1

XenoFish

The whole concept of sin to me is a kid and a cookie jar scenario. If you never tell the kid there are cookies in the jar they don't mess with the jar. Now if you tell the kid there are cookies in the jar and to not touch. Then the kid will do everything in their power to get a cookie.

• Like 1

aquatus1

And then you have the people who have eaten the occasional cookie their entire lives without thinking twice about it, suddenly having someone ask them if they are eating that cookie just because they like to sin.

Edited by aquatus1
  • Like 1

KariW

The whole concept of sin to me is a kid and a cookie jar scenario. If you never tell the kid there are cookies in the jar they don't mess with the jar. Now if you tell the kid there are cookies in the jar and to not touch. Then the kid will do everything in their power to get a cookie.

I bet you're eating oreos right now, aren't you? LOL! :P

Seriously, I totally agree with your post!

XenoFish
I bet you're eating oreos right now, aren't you? LOL!

If someone hadn't stolen them. :P

Davros of Skaro

*snip*

What religion has contributed to the world this month - Episode 15 (March 2015) - YouTube

Edited by Paranoid Android

Careful_perspective

Logically, I understand what you mean, but I just can't wrap my head around what this means as far as sin goes? If humans were never told what a sin was we wouldn't be tempted to do it?

• Like 2

Holographic60

Life is too short to hate yourself for the remainder of it.

bill-and-ted.jpg

LIFE is more than this temporary material manifestation, in what Physics refers to as "illusory". Namely, time and space.

Eternity is the greater reality.

Infinity, or Hyperspace.

www.nderf.org

Whats'a matter you!

Also? "Sin" isn't merely an act. Regarding our actual origins, and involving a "Fall", it is about this linear time and space situation in which we find ourselves.

This temproary organic "Construct".

Which means we are all in the same boat. "Here". No exceptions.

Edited by Holographic60

Davros of Skaro

LIFE is more than this temporary material manifestation, in what Physics refers to as "illusory". Namely, time and space.

Eternity is the greater reality.

Infinity, or Hyperspace.

www.nderf.org

Whats'a matter you!

Also? "Sin" isn't merely an act. Regarding our actual origins, and involving a "Fall", it is about this linear time and space situation in which we find ourselves.

This temproary organic "Construct".

Which means we are all in the same boat. "Here". No exceptions.

This Video is a Universe

:P

• Like 1