Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

MoD accused of cover-up over UFO files

The British Ministry of Defence has delayed the release of 18 'bombshell' documents by several months.

The files, which are believed to relate to cases of Unidentified Flying Objects over the British Isles, were due to be released as part of a Freedom of Information Act request.

Read More: http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/news/279921/mod-accused-of-cover-up-over-ufo-files

• Like 1

What would be really interesting would be to see the MOD's analysis of these files plus the one's they've already released.

• Like 3

Why do people assume it's UFOs and not the stunningly more likely something akin to the military version of Operation Yewtree?

• Like 3

IMO, I think there's little doubt the bulk of the files are misidentified natural phenomena and black ops etc. So to me the question is "what about the ones the MOD couldn't get a handle on"? What was their analysis of those files?

Well somebody needs to get those files before they get shredded

LOL, yeah like that's gonna happen - a big write up in social media, gee, that is not going to create further controversy they do not need with the UFO nuts already bugging them with stupid and childish claims.

• Like 2

I think that when they are released, that they will dreadfully anti-climactic - like all other "Disclosures" :sleepy:

• Like 2

In answer to Lord Black's question, Lord Astor of Hever, Under Secretary of State and Lords Spokesman on Defence, said: "The schedule for the transfer of files from the Ministry of Defence to The National Archives consists of around 10,000 files per annum. The schedule is continually updated to take into account changes in priority and progress on different record sets."

UFOlogists always take standard procedure as some personal attack, they must have egos bigger than mine to think the Government gives two hoots about them at all.

• Like 3

In answer to Lord Black's question, Lord Astor of Hever, Under Secretary of State and Lords Spokesman on Defence, said: "The schedule for the transfer of files from the Ministry of Defence to The National Archives consists of around 10,000 files per annum. The schedule is continually updated to take into account changes in priority and progress on different record sets."

UFOlogists always take standard procedure as some personal attack, they must have egos bigger than mine to think the Government gives two hoots about them at all.

I have no idea what the MOD is doing but they have to know that no matter what they release the cacophony from the UFOlogists will not change or abate. It never does and never will so take your time and let them prattle on about these files because when they finally get the files they will be screaming cover-up and demanding more. In other words, this is low on their priority list because it is always there and never changes.

• Like 3

It would have been a great Twilight zone episode if during the roswell crash, they opened the ship up to find german nazi scientist.

kinda off topic. :D

• Like 1

"panic buying of bread & potatos at all-time high"

-Govt-

allright .... which one of you moderators covered up the UFO story ?

I kinda suspected youse guys were working for the government ;)

• 2 weeks later...

I have no idea what the MOD is doing but they have to know that no matter what they release the cacophony from the UFOlogists will not change or abate. It never does and never will so take your time and let them prattle on about these files because when they finally get the files they will be screaming cover-up and demanding more. In other words, this is low on their priority list because it is always there and never changes.

I can tell you one thing they did.

In the mid 90's they picked up Klass' Plasma research and found it to be of great value after UFOLogy had it suppressed for decades to push Spaceships over natural phenomena when the fantasy started to weaken at the knees.

• Like 1

They won't be shredded, they'll be hidden under the bed like they always were - should they exist. They'll just be labelled "relevant to current security concerns" and left alone.

• Like 1

It just gives writers more stuff to make money on. or the MoD money making time before they release the pitiful stuff that they forgot.