Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Man Rescued After 66 Days At Sea

Still Waters

A man whose family reported him missing at sea more than two months ago was found floating on the overturned hull of his sailboat 200 miles off the North Carolina coast on Thursday, the U.S. Coast Guard said.

Coast Guard officials in Portsmouth, Virginia, said they received word from a German container ship about 1:30 p.m. indicating they spotted a man and his sailboat approximately 200 miles east of Cape Hatteras.

https://uk.news.yaho...10.html#mQMHWtp

• Like 2

Videos -

Louis Jordan left the South Carolina coast in January to "catch some fish". Now, 66 days later, he has been found by a German ship and plucked to safety by the US Coastguard.

http://news.sky.com/...-missing-at-sea

Louis Jordan told how his boat capsized off the US coast, leaving him adrift for 66 days before he was rescued by a German tanker.

http://news.sky.com/...through-the-air

• Like 1

Awesome! Thank god my Megalodons were all accounted for during this time.

• Like 2

Great. I think I "double" posted this. Sorry it's early. You can delete mine SW.

Done :)

• Like 1

Done :)

Thanks sweets. I'm refraining from any new topics until my coffee has kicked in :lol: and I can process in my brain better!
  • Like 2

Lucky him. It is amazing how a mistake at open waters can push you hundreds of miles away and then you really don't have any options but to wait and hope for the best. Why he didn't have GPS device or something, radio? Such devices must be part of basic equipment carried by anyone who goes near open waters.

• Like 2

Well he capsized so I guess all that night tech gear went to the bottom of the ocean..

• Like 2

Yes, I think the boat rolled 3 times. I have to re-read the article to be sure. This is a cool story. Makes me think how would I survive and what would I do if that was me :unsure2:

• Like 2

Yes, I think the boat rolled 3 times. I have to re-read the article to be sure. This is a cool story. Makes me think how would I survive and what would I do if that was me :unsure2:

You would probably call fourth your dolphin brethren and ride them to safety..:D

angelridingdolphin.jpg

• Like 1

I was suspicious when I saw how pale he was and how he was in such good shape .

At the very least you would expect dehydration and sunburn !

http://www.news.com.au/world/north-america/stranded-sailor-hits-back-at-doubters/story-fnh81jut-1227292325332

He refused medical treatment — despite his claim that he had suffered a broken shoulder — and was keen to conduct television interviews without delay despite his apparent ordeal

Its really sad that some people think he`s faked this event ! Shame on you people ! THe man made it give him the credit ,where credit is due. And If he did Fake it ,just dont buy his book !

hmm it does seem a bit unbelievable... unless he had enough water or rain water.. anyway, glad he's alive , even if he did stage it :lol:

I think this is amazing. The two articles I read on this, there was no mention of how he avoided sunburn.

I think this is amazing. The two articles I read on this, there was no mention of how he avoided sunburn.

Crappy weather protects against sunburn as well as brings you rain water

• Like 2

I saw a news feature on this article here and that topic came up. He said he stayed below cabin as much as possible and only came out when necessary. He immediately rationed his food and water - he knew what to do. He took the "worse case scenerio" approach and he went into survivalist mode. He said most of that himself on the interview. I had questions too but after I saw the news feature he looked like he was an avid water man and knew what to do and was very smart about it. I don't know *shrugs* I see no reason for him to put himself through that or fake anything. Never know though. He seemed legit.
  • Like 2

You would probably call fourth your dolphin brethren and ride them to safety.. :D

angelridingdolphin.jpg

:lol:

HOW did I miss this before???? Oh yes I would sprout my angel wings and call forth to all my dolphin family to ride to safety! :lol:

too funny :P

• Like 1

He's lucky he didn't meet a legit Megalodon!

Just sayin..:P

• Like 2

Crappy weather protects against sunburn as well as brings you rain water

All hail crappy weather! :clap:

But if this is legit, what an experience! Glad he's safe.

• Like 2

That is great. I read about this news article and thought myself what it could be like to adrift at sea like this man. Good for him and his family.

Hmmm. Until he explains why he can walk so well after spending two months on the hull of an overturned boat, I'm going to have to suspend my belief in his ordeal.

Something about this story just doesn't add up. Then again, I live about an hour away from "balloon boy," and his family made chumps out of all of us. So unless you chewed your own arm off and have the bloody stump to prove it, I'm going to be at least a little suspicious of any miraculous survival stories.

Edited by Foil Hat Ninja
  • Like 2

Fake or real. I'm glad he made it, it's really amazing, even Jesus didn't abandon him whether he's faking it or not cuz he's still alive and he's got the media's attention. A lot of people want attention. A lot of people want to stay alive.